PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream

Qtec
04-29-2005, 10:00 AM
i had a dream.[ not really but I could have had one!] Dr Dave, Bob j, Fred, Ron S, FL and the ONE are playing a frendly game of 9B. Dr Dave, the least experienced player, snookers himself on the the 8 and asks for advice. Here are the replies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

FL;
"I play this shot all the time. Aim for the 2nd diamond with as much IE as you can give, play it round 10 Cs and you should double it in the middle." /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ron S. "just let me get my labtop!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bob J. " You need to elevate your Q to 47.56372 degrees and hit the ball at 13.624 mph and you cant miss." /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fred; " I,ve got an idea but first you have to read Rumpelstiltskin's paper on 'Cue Ball Aerodynamics'. You have to consider windspeed, humidity and the 'Chaos Theory' Lets not forget CIT and SIT. Come to think of it, shouldnt SIT actually be called CSIT?. " /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The ONE; "Dave my friend, in another dimention and in countless other lives you have done this a million times. You should know by now you dont have to be able to do something before you are able to do it. I could easily show you this if I can borrow Rons pc." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I love the physics threads although sometimes I have trouble understanding what the point is.
Does the question- "what constitutes effective tip end mass" belong in a pool forum or in a physics forum?

BTW, if you asked the top 200 pool players in the USA "how many degrees is a HB cut?", I doubt that any could tell you, or care".

Qtec.......being semi-serious.......! Just poking a little fun guys, no offense intended...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2005, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> ..CIT and SIT. Come to think of it, shouldnt SIT actually be called CSIT?. " <hr /></blockquote>

Q,

it's all S H I T to me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LOL

dr_dave
04-29-2005, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>i had a dream.[ not really but I could have had one!] Dr Dave, Bob j, Fred, Ron S, FL and the ONE are playing a frendly game of 9B. Dr Dave, the least experienced player, snookers himself on the the 8 and asks for advice. Here are the replies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

FL; "I play this shot all the time. Aim for the 2nd diamond with as much IE as you can give, play it round 10 Cs and you should double it in the middle." /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ron S. "just let me get my labtop!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bob J. " You need to elevate your Q to 47.56372 degrees and hit the ball at 13.624 mph and you cant miss." /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fred; " I,ve got an idea but first you have to read Rumpelstiltskin's paper on 'Cue Ball Aerodynamics'. You have to consider windspeed, humidity and the 'Chaos Theory' Lets not forget CIT and SIT. Come to think of it, shouldnt SIT actually be called CSIT?. " /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The ONE; "Dave my friend, in another dimention and in countless other lives you have done this a million times. You should know by now you dont have to be able to do something before you are able to do it. I could easily show you this if I can borrow Rons pc." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>
Very cute ... and also probably fairly apt.

But what I want to know is: did Dr. Dave make the shot in your dream??? Please say yes.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>BTW, if you asked the top 200 pool players in the USA "how many degrees is a HB cut?", I doubt that any could tell you, or care".<hr /></blockquote>
I bet you are right, and I completely agree that it doesn't matter. However, I bet most (if not all) of them know about or have an intuitive feel for the cue ball "natural angle" that occurs over a very wide range of cut shots, as predicted by the 30 degree rule (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=186845&amp;page =0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1).

Respectfully,
Dr. Dave

dr_dave
04-29-2005, 10:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> ..CIT and SIT. Come to think of it, shouldnt SIT actually be called CSIT?. "<hr /></blockquote>
it's all S H I T to me<hr /></blockquote>
If by [censored], you mean "Should Hit It True," then I completely agree! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2005, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> ..CIT and SIT. Come to think of it, shouldnt SIT actually be called CSIT?. "<hr /></blockquote>
it's all S H I T to me<hr /></blockquote>
If by [censored], you mean "Should Hit It True," then I completely agree! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

dr dave, thanks for having a sense of humor /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I told you when you came on here how much your articles on 30 and 90 degrees had helped my position play

wolfdancer
04-29-2005, 11:07 AM
It would be interesting to listen in on Dr. Dave, Bob Jewett, Fred Agnir......it would all be "over my head" but I'm sure I could learn something, and then do some research.
I Googled "Corialis effect"...and found some fascinating reading.
I'd hope they can overlook our "jokes" and keep on posting the tech info.......

dr_dave
04-29-2005, 11:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>dr dave, thanks for having a sense of humor /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I told you when you came on here how much your articles on 30 and 90 degrees had helped my position play <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks, Wally.
To the physics haters out there, I consider the 90 and 30 degree rules basic principles of pool. They are based on physics, but you don't need to know or care about physics to use and apply them in your game. For more editorial, see my keep it simple posting (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=171546&amp;page =&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1).

Dave

dr_dave
04-29-2005, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> It would be interesting to listen in on Dr. Dave, Bob Jewett, Fred Agnir......it would all be "over my head" but I'm sure I could learn something, and then do some research.
I Googled "Corialis effect"...and found some fascinating reading.<hr /></blockquote>
If anybody is interested (if you hate physics, you probably won't be interested), I posted one of the links wolfdancer found on another thread (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=190812&amp;page =0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=&amp;vc=&amp;PHPSESSID=) dealing with Coriolis.

Billy_Bob
04-30-2005, 07:47 AM
When I understand how something works in theory, then when it is broken or not working, I understand how to fix it.

For example...
I understand how my car operates. When it is having problems, I know what to do to fix it.

I understand how electrical things work inside. When they are not working, I can fix them.

And I am starting to understand how pool works. When a shot is missed, or the cue ball goes a certain direction after a shot, I understand why and can work on fixing the problem.

But not many people are like me. When something is broken, they call the repairman. The thing still gets fixed.

So I guess half a dozen of one and six of another. I just am able to fix things faster and at a lower cost.

Sid_Vicious
04-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Reminds me of when I was a teenager and tried roller skating, being taught by my date...well I floundered right and left and eventually said, "Let me sit and watch a while." I got right up and skated first time. As far as execution in pool, it works about the same way for me. The little tricks for position is another deal altogether, but the personal, intuitive parts of this game settle deeper if I grasp them myself. Might take a bit more time, but it does anchor far better(IMO)...sid

Wally_in_Cincy
04-30-2005, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> ...the personal, intuitive parts of this game settle deeper if I grasp them myself. Might take a bit more time, but it does anchor far better <hr /></blockquote>

a wise man once said

I hear and I forget
I read and I remember
I do and I understand