PDA

View Full Version : CCB Chili CookOff (Part 2)

SPetty
04-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Hey, just thought I'd make a new thread to keep the other painfully huge thread (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=npr&Number=185949&page=0&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&fpart=1) from coming back again...

Just thought I'd pass on a reminder that the PettyPoint CCB Chili CookOff and Tamale Eating and Pool Playing Weekend is just around the corner, on the <font color="blue">weekend of June 25 and 26</font color>! Well, okay, maybe not exactly just around the corner, but it's just under two short months away, shortly after the ACS nationals in Reno and the BCA nationals in Vegas and the VNEA nationals in Vegas...

Here is the current <font color="blue">Entrants</font color> list:

- Spiderman <font color="red">&gt;</font color> Spiderman's Pretty Good Chili <font color="red">&lt;</font color>
- Eric. <font color="red">&gt;</font color> New York Strip Steak Chili <font color="red">&lt;</font color>
- Deeman <font color="red">&gt;</font color> Memphis Beale Street Sweet Chili <font color="red">&lt;</font color>
- ras314 <font color="red">&gt;</font color> New Mexico Chili (warm) <font color="red">&lt;</font color>
- ryushen21 <font color="red">&gt;</font color> Special Ingredient "X" Mexican Chili <font color="red">&lt;</font color>
- 9 Ball Girl <font color="red">&gt;</font color> New Yawk Canned Chili <font color="red">&lt;</font color>
- ceebee <font color="red">&gt;</font color> CB's Chili Meat Loaf <font color="red">&lt;</font color>
- stroker <font color="red">&gt;</font color> Rocky Mountain Venision Chili <font color="red">&lt;</font color>

So that makes these other non-chili-making attendees the <font color="blue">judges</font color>:

- PoolFool
- Sid_Vicious
- Cane
- Chopstick

There's a couple of folks still listed as "maybe":

- UTAddb - no excuses this time, bud... ryushen21 is tired of being the baby of the group! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
- griffith_d - now that he's free to travel /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
- 1pRoscoe - only a 3 hour drive /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
- poolturtle - he may make it yet

Chili chefs who can't make it this time (and boy won't they be sorry!):

- Barbara <font color="blue">&gt;</font color> "Bowl of Nuts" Chili <font color="blue">&lt;</font color>
- Wally <font color="blue">&gt;</font color> Cincinnati Skyline Chili <font color="blue">&lt;</font color>
- Voodoo Daddy <font color="blue">&gt;</font color> Miami Multi-Cultural Half Dixie/Half Caribbean Chili <font color="blue">&lt;</font color>
- Kato <font color="blue">&gt;</font color> Kato's Own New Mexican Chili <font color="blue">&lt;</font color>
- Rod <font color="blue">&gt;</font color> Saguaro Cactus Chili <font color="blue">&lt;</font color>
- Rip <font color="blue">&gt;</font color> Viva Las Vegas Chili <font color="blue">&lt;</font color>
- Tom <font color="blue">&gt;</font color> California Vegan Chili<font color="blue">&lt;</font color>

And additional judges who ain't gonna make it this time:

- cueball1950 &lt;-- got a personal invite, but I never heard back! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
- nAz &lt;-- afraid of Texas women
- Dagwood &lt;-- military man with other obligations

If you're listed here in the wrong category, let me know. Or, if you're not on any of these lists and should be, let me know!

If you're planning on staying the night Friday or Saturday or Sunday, let me know. Of course, you can sleep out under the Texas stars if you bring your camping gear, but remember, the stars at night are big and bright!

For the <font color="blue">local folks</font color>:
- Chili should be brought in your own crock pot or heating device of your choice.
- Drinks should be brought in your own cooler with plenty of drinks and plenty of ice. (I fear the refrigerator space will be at a premium...)
- We're going to need a few extra crock pots and a couple of extra tables. If you can bring that, let me know.

For the <font color="blue">out of towners</font color>:
- I'll happily make a run to DFW airport early Friday afternoon to pick up folks and back again on Sunday afternoon (Monday morning?) to take them back. Unless, of course, you want to stay an extra day and help me clean up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
- There's plenty of room to stay at PettyPoint, but you'll be in a (very nice, if I might say so) big room with others. I've got three queen size beds, one twin and two singles. If you don't care to stay here, I can get you local hotel info and can ferry you back and forth to the hotel.
- I'll have crock pots for you to use for your chili.
- I'll have coolers for you to use for your beverages. We can make a stop on the way back from the airport to purchase any beverages and ice that you might desire.

WooHoo! Oh, sorry, am I sounding excited? This is gonna be fun!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Hi Spetty! I've yet to send you my flight info 'cause I haven't made them yet, duh! If you need help in cleanup, I don't mind leaving on Monday if you don't. As soon as you tell me, I'll put myself on a flight.

Wendy&lt;---can't wait!

Tom_In_Cincy
04-30-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
- Tom &gt; California Vegan Chili&lt; <hr /></blockquote>

1-2 medium onions
1 bell pepper
a few carrots
a few celery stalks
1-2 jalapenos
4-5 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 15 oz. cans beans (your choice. I like pinto, red, and/or kidney)
1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 cup water
1/2 cup bulgar (or 1 cup cooked brown rice)
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon each of any combo assorted herbs (basil, oregeno, marjoram, etc. to suit your taste. Use chopped fresh herbs if you have 'em)
salt &amp; pepper to taste
Avocado

1. Chop all the veggies, the finer the better

2. In a medium sized soup pot, saute all the veggies with the tomato paste in the olive oil for about 10 minutes

3. Add everything else, including water from beans, except the avocado. Bring to a boil. Stir. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.

4. Enjoy with chopped avocado on top.

Tastes more like New York salsa....

Give me meat and heat...

SPetty
04-30-2005, 07:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hi SPetty! I've yet to send you my flight info 'cause I haven't made them yet, duh! If you need help in cleanup, I don't mind leaving on Monday if you don't. As soon as you tell me, I'll put myself on a flight.

Wendy&lt;---can't wait! <hr /></blockquote>I was just teasing about helping to clean up. I've pretty much got it down by now. Really, there's no need to burn a vacation day for this - if it was me, I'd head back on Sunday and save that vacation day for September! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But you're absolutely welcome to stay another day if you want!

You might want to touch base with Eric. and see what he thinks. One trip for me to the airport would be better than two!

I can't wait either! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
04-30-2005, 08:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;deleted a recipe that sounded rather nasty&gt;

Tastes more like New York salsa....
Give me meat and heat... <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If you can make it, I'd be happy to give you some meat and heat if you promise not to bring California Vegan Chili. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif That didn't sound very good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

poolturtle
05-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Hey, just letting anyone know that cares /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif, so far, I'm planning on being there. Work's gonna get a little hectic around that time (going thru annual inventory!) I'm gonna have to work a little voodoo on the vacation days. Also gotta work around the visitation with the son (He turns 6 on Friday!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Anyway, count me in so far. I gotta show Deeman my new and improved table-length draw shot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SPetty, I doubt if I'll be able to stay for clean up, but I promise I won't make too big of a mess! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cane
05-01-2005, 06:22 AM
Spetty, Of course, you know I'll be there! I've been looking forward to this since you brought it up after the last Petty Point gathering. Anything you need me to do, I hope you know I'm willing to do it. If I could get my motorhome in the driveway, I'd bring it down and house at least one more person, but I'm afraid it won't fit! It's a 31 foot class A, so it takes a pretty big swing to turn it around and at 12 feet tall, it won't go under a lot of trees!

I think Billie and I will probably drive it down and stay in it if there's a KOA or something like that in Terrell. If you don't mind, email me if there's an RV park there we can use.

Man, June is just Texas Month for us. We're going to Freeport the week of the 6th to sun, fun and fish for a week with some friends, then Petty Point two weeks later! Gonna be a great month!!!

Later,
Bob

9 Ball Girl
05-01-2005, 08:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>You might want to touch base with Eric. and see what he thinks. One trip for me to the airport would be better than two!<hr /></blockquote>Sounds good, Spetty!

Hey Eric, check your http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/images/newpm.gif

Deeman2
05-02-2005, 08:25 AM
SPetty:

Everything looks great to me. I'll try to find an extra crockpot to bring.

Deeman
will be bringing 4 bottles of Gas X....

Eric.
05-02-2005, 10:03 AM
I might have to back out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I might need to be home at that time; my girlfriend may be in town for a horse show and I may have to deal with an issue with my house construction.

I'll know by early June, worse comes to worse, I can book a last minute flight OR jsut send the Chili. The Chili might be a bigger attraction than I would /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric

ryushen21
05-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey SPetty,

As far as I am aware of I should still be there. There is a slight chance that i may be gone to Colombia the entire month of June on a linguistic study but that is yet to be determined.

Ingredient X is soon to be fully matured and ready for me to go pick up from my supplier. I do plan on staying the night as i will bringing at least two bottles of the good tequila i brought last time.

See ya on cook off day!

PoolFool
05-03-2005, 07:16 AM
Hey, I might want to enter my chili in the contest. I call it "Who's finger is it" Chili. But, I will be a judge if I can't get all of the ingredients by then.

PoolFool

SPetty
05-07-2005, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr>If you don't mind, email me if there's an RV park there we can use.<hr /></blockquote>Hi Cane, please check your email.

stroker
05-21-2005, 09:38 AM
" One trip for me to the airport would be better than two!"

SPetty,
Can I help you with airport shuttle? You'll have your hands full at the point with Deeman "pickin ticks &amp; chasin chickins". Yee Hah, you gotta love him.
It would be an honor to help such a pretty lady out.

Tony "Molassas"

Deeman2
05-23-2005, 06:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stroker:</font><hr> with Deeman "pickin ticks &amp; chasin chickins". Yee Hah, you gotta love him.

Tony "Molassas" <font color="blue">

"Say Rubin, Where you get dem rasins?" "Off de Dog!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>