PDA

View Full Version : weeknight tourneys in the atlanta area?

mike_in_iowa
04-29-2005, 04:28 PM
I will be in Atlanta sunday may 8th to thurs may 12th and I was wondering about tourneys at night. The stronger the better. Does anyone know if Archer is available for lessons? If I am looking for some cheap action where is the best to go?

Thanks

Mike in Iowa

heater451
05-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Mike, sorry that I missed this post--in case it's too late now. (Scott Lee told me about the thread.)

I haven't been to many places, outside of my 'home' hall, the Pool Room. They have a Saturday 8-ball tourney, which I think starts at 4 pm, but you should be there at 3. They also have a 9-ball tourney, Sunday afternoon, but I forget the time. It would be best to contact them at 770-579-3388. You might also try a PM to "GeraldG", as he's a 9-ball player.

Another place to contact would be Mr. Cues II, which should be easy to find via the net--or on the site that Eric posted to me, when I was looking for a room in MO. I'll look for the post, and edit or repost if/when I find it.
I hope this is in time. . . .

**edit** http://www.poolhall.com/

=========================

cuechick
05-04-2005, 04:50 AM
The 8 ball at the pool room starts at 3pm and offers free practice from the time they open I think at 1pm. The 9 ball is Sunday at 4pm and free practice I think from 3, they also have a 7ball tourney on Monday nights. Cues has a Monday night 9 Ball handicapped tournament, single elimination and it starts 8 with free practice at 7...be prepaired for a long night...
Archer may offer lessons (I think?), try calling Cues to find out..you can also get action easy at Cues just be careful, lots of hustle in that room.

mike_in_iowa
05-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Hey, thanks for the replies. I will be in this Sunday and I am going to try the Sun. 9-ball tourney. Do you know what kind of field they get? How many players? Skill Levels? Length of races?
This is the best of the tourneys for me as I have early mornings Mon-Thurs and then I fly out. Thanks for the help

Mike Athens

cuechick
05-04-2005, 08:50 AM
it is 15.00 to enter, race to 4 on the winners 3 on the losers and it goes from about a c to b+ level...
and you can practice from even 2pm on...they use the middle tables which are tough... i will probably play, i am blonde and female you can't miss me...

JayCee
05-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Mr. Cues II has a weekly 9-ball tournament on Monday nights. It begins at 8 but you have to be registered by 7pm and you get free practice time from 7-8. Their number is 770.454.7665.

Secondly, Johnny Archer gives lessons at a rate of $125 hr. This is posted on a flyer in Mr. Cues. Occasionally he holds a group instructional clinic there. There's a beginners and advanced clinic, each 2 hours long. The price is $35 ea. You can do one or both. Hope this helps.

Until next time,

Peace

JC