PDA

View Full Version : Ah, memories of FL

sack316
04-30-2005, 06:19 AM
hey guys and gals, just wanted to drop a quick post this morning since I got a reminder of FL the other day (most of you here know who I'm referring to I'm sure). Well, here's some background on the situation. A little over a year ago, when I was young and naive I checked out the guys website. Looking through I thought to myself "self, this is kinda cool, he toots his own horn a bit, but if he has all these accomplishments then his stuff must be alright to learn from." Then I replied back to myself "yeah whatever I'm busy". But later when myself wasn't so busy we thought about it and decided to venture in to ordering his trick shot video, because I was learning trick shots at the time, and had just fallen in love with Chef Anton's books and tapes, and figured another instructional one would help.
Well, I dropped my 20 or 25 bucks plus shipping, and waited. Waited so patiently, and a few weeks go by. I had gotten paypal confirmation, but not a personal one. So I give him the benefit of the doubt, he is a busy man after all. So I email him to query if he had gotten my order. A few days later I get a reply to assure me he had gotten it and had just been busy as I had presumed and we'd rush it to me ASAP with a little bonus for my trouble. How sweet of him. Well, weeks turn into months, and I email him a few times over this course of time, usually getting a relatively timely response.
Well, as most of you know around August I start getting in some trouble. As I got through my rough times there I lost sight of any of my resentments and angers (some of you know about that too) and forgot all about it. Hating I lost a few valuable dollars, but lessons learned, right?
Low and behold sevral days back I go to check my mail and there is a brown envelope in there, obviosly a video tape. Ithink to myself again, "Self, what did you do this time and who caught you on tape doing it?". I open it and it's a trick shot video. "I forgot all about that!" SO kinda a pleasant surprise. Opening it, with the bad copied of articles and press relases shoved in there, I realize it all looks kinda ghetto. But hey, if the tapes any good, it's still worth it. Later I turn it on, and have to crank my volume up to around the 25 level to realize that even when I can hear it I still can't understand it (BTW, 11 or 12 level is usually loud on my set). But it's VHS, so what can I say. Then I realize that I've also seen better video quality on and ultrasound... not just that, and ultrasound at Dr. Nick Riviera's office (funny to Simpson's fans). But maybe I can salvage some learning out of it. Man the guy sure likes to draw the ball.... alot. To come to the end of this post, I've watched maybe half of the tape so far, and thus far it's nothing but strong draw shots, with no real instruction at all. The just of the commentary seems to be "if you can do this you are really good, but I know you can't because only I can and I'm cool", and then watch him proceed to throw his visor or stick down on the table as he walks off.
I must say one positive thing I guess... he can draw- very well. But at the same time, so what? I've never needed to draw the ball 18 feet, or around five rails, and I never will. Credit him for actually finally sending the product when I guess he didn't really have to, but it was over a year late. Even late for his own flyer he included in the package to pre-order his new DVD by a month or so. I think I was almost more satisfied with my investment with getting nothing than actually getting the product.
Well, I gotta run y'all, thanks for letting me vent. I have a scotch doubles tournament in an hour and a half, and need to order that DVD now so that maybe I can have it in hand by the time my Cubbies finally go back to the World Series. If I use that 18 foot draw today that I got to watch im do without giving me any help on how to do it myself, I'll let ya know. And tell Wonder Dog I said "whatsup?"

Wally_in_Cincy
04-30-2005, 06:51 AM
there's a long thread about this at AZB also

SpiderMan
05-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Hey Sack,

Sounds like he was guilty of pulling a "fast" one. Probably advertised a video he didn't have, then waited to collect money from a bunch of people before starting his production. Then once he had everyone's money, maybe he had the shortsighted idea that he'd spend as little as possible fulfilling his obligations.

SpiderMan

Scott Lee
05-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Marty...Nope, that's the SAME tape that FL's been trying to "sell" for years now. I've had it (at N/C of course) for at least 7 yrs. It's exactly the same as sack316 described it. Interestingly, FL is supposed to come by sometime this week or next, and visit! LOL

Scott

Scott

Wally_in_Cincy
05-02-2005, 01:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> ..., FL is supposed to come by sometime this week or next, and visit!
<hr /></blockquote>

Better watch it. He will accuse you of trying to steal his little black book of students

as if /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
05-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Wally...Hell, I want to see his 11 rail bank, AND I can't WAIT to learn 16 kinds of draw! LOL

Scott

nhp
05-02-2005, 08:21 PM
I remember seeing his 11-rail bank on his website for free. Not sure if it's still there.

John_Madden
05-02-2005, 08:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Wally...Hell, I want to see his 11 rail bank, AND I can't WAIT to learn 16 kinds of draw! LOL

Scott <hr /></blockquote>
So he is going to visit you in Bozeman??? Maybe I should take a little trip east of the mountains to see also!!!
Jack Madden
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)

Rich R.
05-03-2005, 03:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr>Interestingly, FL is supposed to come by sometime this week or next, and visit! <hr /></blockquote>
Scott, don't forget to give FL his free lesson, for mentioning you on the internet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

randyg
05-03-2005, 05:31 AM
Good Lord, Scott &amp; FL together. I need pictures!

Scott could spot FL the break and the 5 and out in teaching.

Good luck my friend.....SPF-randyg

Barbara
05-03-2005, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Wally...Hell, I want to see his 11 rail bank, AND I can't WAIT to learn 16 kinds of draw! LOL

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

Scott,

Are you going to videotape this lesson? Because if you do I will pay for a copy!

Barbara~~~didn't know there were 16 types of draw...

dmgwalsh
05-03-2005, 07:49 AM
I received the same thing in the mail the other day with a note that he was coming to my area soon if I wanted a lesson. I never paid for it but years ago, he said he'd send it to me cuz I backed up his freedom of speech rights on AZB. That was before I knew better. DW

LARRY_BOY
05-03-2005, 08:44 AM
IT WASN'T ME! THERE ARE SOME LARRY'S OUT THERE THAT ARE STAND UP GUYS........... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Scott Lee
05-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Jack...Yes, FL is supposed to be coming through Bozeman (which would mean that he's likely coming through Msla too).
He emailed me last week for my phone number, saying he would be coming through MT sometime this week or next. I imagine he'll call, at some point...

Scott Lee

Cane
05-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Hey Scott, After FL visits could you please clue us in on the other draw shot???? Most of us only know 15! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bob (in a smarta$$ mood today!)