PDA

View Full Version : best movie of this year...

nAz
04-30-2005, 12:59 PM
... so far has to be Kung Fu Hustle, goddamn it was funny as hell and a lot of the fighting scene were great. Funny i thought this movie would sux so i did not care to see it but when i went last night to see HGG it was sold out and i ended up watching KFH, serendipity.

out of a possible 100 ball run i give this movie a 80 balls run. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-30-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm looking forward to War of the Worlds. I hope they do a good job.

DG

Popcorn
04-30-2005, 03:57 PM
The last movie I saw at a theater was Saving Private Ryan. I never go to theaters any more. A movie is always at least six months old before I see it.

SnakebyteXX
04-30-2005, 06:33 PM
My favorite movie review site (Rotten Tomatoes) indicates Kung Fu Hustle has gotten rave reviews and is well worth seeing.

Thanks for the heads up.

link (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kung_fu_hustle/)

9 Ball Girl
05-01-2005, 12:19 AM
When are you going to take me to see it? Ooh ooh take me to see House of Wax on Friday! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Keith Talent
05-01-2005, 02:01 AM
Hey, that's on the top of my list to see ... gotta call the baby-sitter, I guess. Better live up to advance billing though, cause it guarantees a $100+ night out.

One
05-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I didn't think Kung Fu Hustle was funny, Asian humor is weird. The first hour was very boring but then it started getting good, the end had some ridiculous fighting!

All movies I have seen are predictable, after I have watched the movie for 30 minutes I know how it is going to end, I know all the possibilities and never get surprised. The only movie that was unpredictable was The Forgotten, many times something unexpected happened and I could feel the adrenaline in my chest, I jumped up from my chair many times too, there comes a big sound at the same time something unexpected happens, it might have been the sound that scared me the most.
In horror movies when something is going to happen the sound changes so you can prepare for a scary moment, but in The Forgotten there was no warning at all, old people would get a heart attack from that, but their hearing is worse so it compensates for it.

DebraLiStarr
05-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Patrick,

What things are fun for you? Just wondering. Not being sarcastic, just curious. It doesn't sound like you would be anybody's dream date at the movies, so what is your idea of fun?

One
05-01-2005, 07:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> Patrick,

What things are fun for you? Just wondering. Not being sarcastic, just curious. It doesn't sound like you would be anybody's dream date at the movies, so what is your idea of fun? <hr /></blockquote>
Happy and sad are fake feelings, I am neutral. I used to laugh at lot of stuff when I was a kid, but I don't laugh anymore because it is not funny anymore. The last thing that made me laugh was reading reviews on amazon of Dr. Dave's book about the 30 degree rule. I never laugh loud, I just move my face a little so it stretches, if I don't stretch it often it gets too stiff.

SPetty
05-01-2005, 07:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr> I never laugh loud, I just move my face a little so it stretches, if I don't stretch it often it gets too stiff. <hr /></blockquote>Humans call that face stretching thing a "smile". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif