PDA

View Full Version : Cue is to short

Rod
04-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Sadly, I've been told I suffer from Elbow Lift. Everytime I stroke the cue my elbow gets higher. Then my cue gets to short and falls out of my bridge hand. Someone said it's a dastardly deed brought on by my instructor. Whatever will I do? Do you think I should by a longer cue till it's cured?

Rod

LJC_Cues
05-01-2005, 01:38 AM
sure you can get a 60" cue!! But why dont you just not lift your elbow??? I not quite getting what your saying your elbow shouldnt even move up or down just back and forth.

pooltchr
05-01-2005, 04:43 AM
It's not the cue, it's you!
Obviously, your arms are just too long!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

randyg
05-01-2005, 05:22 AM
ROD: I think it's just that nice AZ climate....SPF-randyg

PS: Sure makes for a nice long pause.

Rod
05-01-2005, 08:45 AM
What, Back and forth? I just found instructors say no back and forth. I'm an ole farm boy priming the pump to draw water. I might be stuck with this pump handle stroke. LOL

Rod

Rod
05-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Randy, I think it is too. Little time to play pool.

Rod

Drop1
05-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Rod,Get rid of the instructor,and buy a bottle of beer. When you finish the beer,lay the bottle sideways on a table about the height of a pool table,and practice stroking the cue into the mouth of the bottle,without touching the mouth of the bottle. Do this everyday for a month,and you will have a good stroke,and no problem. Don't worry about pool,given time,I'm sure you will become a player able to hold his own. Great players are born;the rest of us are wannabes.

Rod
05-02-2005, 06:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Rod,Get rid of the instructor,and buy a bottle of beer. When you finish the beer,lay the bottle sideways on a table about the height of a pool table,and practice stroking the cue into the mouth of the bottle,without touching the mouth of the bottle. Do this everyday for a month,and you will have a good stroke,and no problem. Don't worry about pool,given time,I'm sure you will become a player able to hold his own. Great players are born;the rest of us are wannabes. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey I do that, buy a bottle of beer then stroke through it. Buy another botle and do the same. Buy another bottle - then more of the same. Buy another borottle, it keeps moving. Ahh one mroe burtle, hell where's the table? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

Drop1
05-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Rod,you can also have a compressed cervical disk, a nerve runs down the back of the neck through the shoulder,pinches a nerve in the elbow. If you have any tingling in the fingers,while playing,see your Doctor.

Rod
05-02-2005, 10:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Rod,you can also have a compressed cervical disk, a nerve runs down the back of the neck through the shoulder,pinches a nerve in the elbow. If you have any tingling in the fingers,while playing,see your Doctor. <hr /></blockquote>

That is not where my tingling is but I'll keep that in mind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Hey, BTW this thread was a joke, just funning a bit. I still can run three friggin balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod

Wally_in_Cincy
05-03-2005, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> ....,given time,I'm sure you will become a player able to hold his own....<hr /></blockquote>

See Rod, all hope is not lost. Just don't hold your own in public.

Qtec
05-03-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sadly, I've been told I suffer from Elbow Lift. Everytime I stroke the cue my elbow gets higher. Then my cue gets to short and falls out of my bridge hand. <hr /></blockquote>
Two points Rod;
#1. Are you sure its 'elbow lift' and NOT a case of 'body drop'? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
#2. Stop stroking the cue and try stroking WITH it instead. [ Even if it is a SW original .It just looks strange.] /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

best of luck........................Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
ps. remember to face North when chalking. Let the Earth's magnetic field do its job. dont fight it........... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cane
05-03-2005, 08:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> I might be stuck with this pump handle stroke. LOL

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Rod, We are currently redesigning the pump handle to incorporate a Pendulum Pump Handle Stroke. This seemed only logical since I'm in Oklahoma and most of my players/students are farm boys! We'll make you a Beta User so you can maintain your NEW pump handle stroke both in billiards and drawing water! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Later,
Bob