PDA

View Full Version : Congrats RandyG

Cane
05-01-2005, 09:29 AM
I took this from another thread, because it was apparently taken wrong by a poster there, but just wanted to congratulate RandyG on his Dallas VNEA Singles Championships last weekend. Randy is currently playing in the SWEL BCA State finals. His team was, at that posting, undefeated.

Many might say "well, it's a city championship" but those of you that live there or have ever drawn a cue out in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, know people like Vanover, Guernsey, Li Jiu Chen and many other VERY notable players play in that league system. VERY nice "snap off" if you ask me!

In any case, Randy, Congratulations on the Singles Championship and knock 'em dead in the SWEL BCA Team State Championship.

Later,
Bob

pooltchr
05-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Randy,
Ditto from your Carolina fan club.
sj

SpiderMan
05-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Excellent, way to go. How about a synopsis of some of the tougher matches? I know there are some really good players in the Dallas BCA leagues.

SpiderMan

Fred Agnir
05-02-2005, 05:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> I took this from another thread, because it was apparently taken wrong by a poster there,<hr /></blockquote>Sorry if I made it sound that I took it wrong. I didn't. I'm very happy for Randy.

I just figured it was a good time for me to pitch one for myself.

Fred

randyg
05-02-2005, 05:59 AM
FRED: Tell us about Reno!........SPF-randyg

Fred Agnir
05-02-2005, 06:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> FRED: Tell us about Reno!........SPF-randyg <hr /></blockquote>It should be interesting, politics aside. I got a report back from a friend who is at the singles and he has me pumped up. The level of play is up to par. I hope the team event follows suit.

Fred

Deeman2
05-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Cane,

The Randyman was still hitting them straight and more importantly, having a great time when I last saw him on Sunday evening. I got to play him in Scotch Doubles (sorry Randy, it was my young partner's fault, what a break he's got). Visited with him and he was so respectful of all you guys that work with him on a regular basis as well as ones he may not see completely eye to eye with. Had nothing but nice things to say about every instructor/player we discussed, a class act as expected.

Great time except playing the Tablesharks Scotch Doubles team. Suiside in big way, but we finished in the money and that always helps. Can't say enough about my young partner. Dustin's heart in his first Sate Tourney and first time at Doubles was great be a part of.

Sent to losers side in my singles in the third round event by the winner, a great guy. I still finished in that money with enough to get me a new cue and used case. (Don't tell Tori, I hid it in the clsoet and will later try to convince her the Justis mated with the In-stroke and birthed a Gusisippi!) <font color="blue">Fred will now declare me a fellow equipment whore! </font color>

I thought I had finished up a couple of bills with my money games but after several hundred quarters, I may be a dog for the weekend, not even considering my nut.

Yes, and before someone else mentions it, I did miss a 6 foot straight in shot for $400!!!!!! My bad... everybody saw it...six hours work for nada...

Met several CCBers who came up and introduced themselves, mostly lurkers, one or two addicks that want their identity intact. Chen plays jammed up, all the Tableshakers are awesome, watch out Vegas...Chatted with Bob Vanover, great gentleman, he either rememebred hammering me twice in Vegas in '90 &amp; 91 or simply hammers everyone so he doesn't have to remember!! 72 years young and I'd like to have whatever speed he may have lost over the years. He still has a killer game and still gratious as can be. His whole team is a nice collection of gentlemen who just happen to play killer pool. Ted was a particularily nice guy.

Then there's Corndog, a guy who apparently got his name for winning a bet he could eat 50 foot long corn dogs at a setting and reportedly ordered a bowl of chili after he was finished. He did threaten to kill me once but the tournament director pointed out he couldn't even catch me, much less beat on me. He tips them at about 425 or so, without the corndogs. The hostility had more to do with my breaking and running on him (I had eleven for the tournament) than my mistakenly calling him Corn Pup, Corn dogger and Cornh*le purely by mistake. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The hottest money player in the house, a young gun with bleached blond hair, shot great pool, but spilled beer all over my Justice case, my clothes and me at 4:30 on Saturday morning. My grandfather told me nothing good happens after midnight.

I was forced to give away a Deeman custom see-through night shirt to a girl who had come to play on our team and did not grasp the concept we would not let her wear the same cloths for three days...I gave away about 20 Deeman shaft burnishers as well...

I gave away about two dozen Deeman Baked Chalks to various people who somehow, after mistakenly "borrowing" one of mone came back from 9-2 down to win a race to 13, declared me and my chalk their lucky charm. I may market the stuff if they win in Vegas next month....If you see piece with my skull logo on it laying around a pool hall in Texas or Oklahoma, let me know. It says Deeman Chalk, hard to miss....Can't make Dallas as my youngest Daughter move to Africa that week and I gotta see her off.

Hotel $265.44
Food $128.00
Entry Fees $80.00
Beverages $55.00
New Cue undisclosed
Old Case undisclosed
Cashing in 2 events - not near enough
Cash Winnings slightly ahead
Quarters God only knows

Missing that ball -$400 <font color="blue"> I'm sure this figure will inflate over the years...been there, done that..</font color>

Three hours sleep a night to play pool with great folks

PRICELESS!!!

Deeman /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
forgive the typos, I'm still recovering from the weekend.

Cane
05-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Dee, Congratulations on your run also! Sounds like you had a great time (except for the missed $400 shot). Wish I could have been there... oh, hell, I could have... I had that day off! I have EVERY day off! LOL If I'd know about it, I probably would have driven down to Dallas for the weekend and watched. Only playing pool beats watching good pool.

Later,
Bob

littleCajun
05-02-2005, 10:30 AM
It was nice to meet you Deeman, I did find one of your chalks on a table Sunday Night, Yes we were still playing at 8:00 PM. But the skull was not the logo that I rember on it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I placed 4th in the Singles and our Team Placed 5th overall.

Deeman2
05-02-2005, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> It was nice to meet you Deeman, I did find one of your chalks on a table Sunday Night, Yes we were still playing at 8:00 PM. But the skull was not the logo that I rember on it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <font color="blue"> You have to admit, that's the best looking side of the chalk!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif HINT: IT's a picture through an open window....</font color>

I placed 4th in the Singles and our Team Placed 5th overall. <font color="blue"> Congratulations to you and your team as well. Dallas is filled with great players and I hope to be able to spend more time there in the future. It was a pleasure meeting and talking to you.

We will see each other again when I come to Randy's place. </font color>

Deeman
Deeman Chalk can't be bought, it is awarded to you (or you find it worn out on the table.) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

randyg
05-03-2005, 05:45 AM
Ya the Deeman &amp; partner dusted us in SD. Don't let the Deeman give his partner all the credit, it's a two man show.

Our team went head to head with the Vanover-Chen-Guernsey team, they came out on the short end of the score.

What a great SWEL tournament.....SPF-randyg

Sid_Vicious
05-03-2005, 11:02 PM
That's a healthy stack of players you took, good show! sid

Deeman2
05-04-2005, 05:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> Ya the Deeman &amp; partner dusted us in SD. Don't let the Deeman give his partner all the credit, it's a two man show.

Our team went head to head with the Vanover-Chen-Guernsey team, they came out on the short end of the score.

<font color="blue"> Randy, now that's an accomplishment. That is one frightening team. Chen must be fun to play against on a weekly league basis. I didn't see him miss a ball all weekend. Congratulations....</font color>

What a great SWEL tournament.....SPF-randyg <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Won't miss another one as long as I stay in Texas. Less referees than other events, only Robert was very visable and yet, no major screw ups or big time delays. They did a good job. </font color> <font color="orange"> Oh. I made up for the $400 missed shot late last night! Now my soul can rest....</font color>

Deeman

randyg
05-04-2005, 06:14 AM
DEEMAN: None of them miss. It's just hard to pocket a ball sitting in a chair.....SPF-randyg