PDA

View Full Version : IverX ferrals???

Plummerbutt
05-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Anyone tried them? I like the idea that they don't hold chalk and that they "hit harder the ivory". Can anyone give me some pros and cons? Thinking about having one installed on my new cue but would like to hear what you have to say about them first. Maybe they are to new to get a response?

LJC_Cues
05-01-2005, 11:28 AM
I have tried them dont really like them. Ivory I can just wipe the chalk off the ferrule if I happen to get any on it. With this I could wipe it off but not all of it would come off. It doesnt really hit like ivory either. I thought it was a cheaper alternative to ivory. I thought is was suppose to hit the same but I guess I could be wrong. But to answer your question I didnt like it I prefer real ivory. I have ivory on all my playing cues!

Rip
05-01-2005, 03:21 PM
I have IvorX ferrules on four shafts and I'm ordering more IvorX to be installed on a dozen more. I haven't noticed any chalk stains and like the hit they produce.
Regards,
Rip

stickman
05-01-2005, 06:07 PM
I love the Ivor-X ferrules. The only thing I didn't like was the price increase, Ouch! They're still the best in my book. I was installing the Ivor-X ferrules for the same price of the cheaper ones because they were that much better. Not now, I'll have to pass on the increase to my customers.

John_Madden
05-01-2005, 06:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> I love the Ivor-X ferrules. The only thing I didn't like was the price increase, Ouch! They're still the best in my book. I was installing the Ivor-X ferrules for the same price of the cheaper ones because they were that much better. Not now, I'll have to pass on the increase to my customers. <hr /></blockquote>

I use the Ivor-X ferrules as standard and put on all my cues unless someone requests Ivory. I don't like the price increase either - but will continue to put them on all my custom cues.
Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)

Plummerbutt
05-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks guys. Still don't really know what I'll do. Probably stay with Ivory just because I'm an old traditionalist.., and its what I'm playing with now.

bustah360
05-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Are those ferrules more for a finesse style of playing? From what I understand you can't really let loose with cues that have ivory ferrules cuz they crack.

Cueless Joey
05-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Here are some infos about Ivor-X and other ferrules.
http://ivor-x.com/

Rackin_Zack
05-02-2005, 04:12 PM
I have a friend who had them on his Skip Weston and it hits pretty well. I am getting them on the custom Gilbert J/B that I have on order, but I think for playing I prefer ivory. However, I have to say that I haven't played THAT much with them so take it for what it's worth.