PDA

View Full Version : Info re purchasing a GC IV tournament table

SJS
05-02-2005, 12:35 PM
I will be buying a table soon and have the opportunity to purchase a GC IV table that was used in a tournament (I assume the seller purchased directly from Brunswick or whoever was running the tournament, he has a few to sell). He told me that the table was used for a couple of days, and will get new rails, since they keep the same rails in use throughout the tour for consistency; otherwise, it's the same table that was used in the tournament, and the big Brunswick lettering on it is vinyl and just peels off. Is there any downside to purchasing one of these? Seems to be a great deal, he is offering at $4500 with Simonis 860, 4 cues and centennial balls, about half off list not even counting the extras. Anybody know if these tables have the Brunswick guarantee? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Scott Lee
05-02-2005, 12:54 PM
SJS...I don't know about what kind of guarantee you'd get, but you can find that out from your local Brunswick dealer, or from the company. $4500 is a great price. The table sounds like it is almost brand new. I cannot imagine that they are going to replace the rails. That is unnecessary, and a lot of work for whoever is selling the table(s). This should be a great table for you! Make SURE you negotiate with the seller, or a good table mechanic in your area, to professionally install the table in your home. It should only cost you a couple of hundred dollars more, and will be well worth the extra effort.

Scott Lee

SJS
05-03-2005, 06:01 AM
Scott:
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.
Steve

bustah360
05-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Well, you got a table made from them I don't see why they wouldn't honour any warranty they offer. Especially if the table's only a few days old played on with the company being endorsed during a tournament. Its not like a dvd player where warranty is void if you gut it out.