PDA

View Full Version : Murphy Triumphs

BoroNut
05-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Shaum Murphy is the new World Champion of Snooker. Phew. What a fantastic match. Did anyone see it? Amazingly he still wont be in the elite top 16 next year, but will qualify for all competions as world champion. What a powerful cue action he has too - a bit too powerful at times. I don't think this kid is a flash in the pan. He'll have his name on a few more trophies before he's finished.

Boro Nut

bsmutz
05-02-2005, 04:07 PM
That was just plain awesome! Special thanks to Alan Morris for providing the link to the Eurosport streaming video. I spent quite a bit of the weekend and most of the day today watching. I was pulling for Stevens but Murphy just flat outplayed him today. First time ever for me watching live snooker. It was quite an education. The pockets are so much tighter over here that it takes a ton of concentration to make the pots and shape generally goes out the window. Nice to see people play who can get pinpoint shape on such a huge table. I can see why Europeans are so fascinated with the game. I just wish America would join the fray. We can't even see live pool over here and the very top pros would be hard pressed to make $500,000 in a year, let alone one event.