PDA

View Full Version : How Far Will The Army Go?

9 Ball Girl
05-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Kudos to this highschool kid for having the cojones to do this:

"Integrity, Honor, Respect?" (http://news4colorado.com/localnews/local_story_118125046.html)

PQQLK9
05-04-2005, 07:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Kudos to this highschool kid for having the cojones to do this:

"Integrity, Honor, Respect?" (http://news4colorado.com/localnews/local_story_118125046.html) <hr /></blockquote>

This far ...

Army Withheld Details About Tillman's Death
Investigator Quickly Learned 'Friendly Fire' Killed Athlete

The first Army investigator who looked into the death of former NFL player Pat Tillman in Afghanistan last year found within days that he was killed by his fellow Rangers in an act of "gross negligence," but Army officials decided not to inform Tillman's family or the public until weeks after a nationally televised memorial service.
web page (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/03/AR2005050301502.html)

Scott Lee
05-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Nick &amp; Wendy...this is just the tip of the iceberg. You can bet that the current administration is going to try to reimplement a draft, when they try to get Congress to authorize an attack on Iran. This is not a matter of "if", as much as "when"! The news is full of soldiers coming home with terrible tales of what's happening in Iraq, Afganistan, and other plans. Did you know that our gov't has constructed several PERMANENT military bases in Iraq?
Seems odd for what is supposed to be a 'temporary' insertion in their country! This is scary stuff indeed!

Scott

eg8r
05-04-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nick &amp; Wendy...this is just the tip of the iceberg. You can bet that the current administration is going to try to reimplement a draft, when they try to get Congress to authorize an attack on Iran. <hr /></blockquote> You are correct, I am sure it is the tip of the iceberg. Once things like this happen, it is easier the second time. With your mention of the current administration, I get the feeling you are blaming this on Bush.

Also, in reference to you mention of the draft, what evidence do you have to make such a statement? Is it a guess?

eg8r

Qtec
05-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Chares Manson, if released, could enrole in the US Army eg8r. They will take ANYBODY. Even you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You see, once they cant meet their quota,s, the rich and educated might have to do their bit.
Once the draft comes, its a bit difficult to exclude from service all those who are a member of a Country Club. HaHa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nice to see you are still alive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
05-04-2005, 11:10 AM
"Is it a guess?"....I swear Ed, sometimes I think you don't ever watch the news!
There ARE other channels besides Fox, you know!

"Blaming Bush?" Is Bush our Commander, or not? Never mind....

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Popcorn
05-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Like anything, the military is a job opportunity with perks and benefits. That is all the recruiters are doing. The problem is, all those people who thought the military was nothing but free education, travel, medical benefits and so on are now finding they have signed a deal to fight for their country and they don't like it. No one is lying or shanghaiing them. For many it is the best opportunity they will ever be offered.

eg8r
05-04-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chares Manson, if released, could enrole in the US Army eg8r. They will take ANYBODY. Even you! <hr /></blockquote> This does not matter, with respect to my post. I was asking if there was any evidence that the current administration is moving towards implementing a draft as Scott is saying. Your first couple posts on the board and you are already drifting from the subject.

I am not asking for opinion here, I am looking for Scott (or you, Gayle, or anyone else) to provide evidence that the current adminstration is heading this up. This was the implication made and this is what my post was directed towards. Quit dodging the questions and just answer them. If you can't answer the questions, then just say that, at least we will know your post was opinion and you really had no idea what you were talking about.

eg8r

eg8r
05-04-2005, 01:38 PM
I did not know you had to have a high school education to fight in the army. I am not sure I understand the requirement. Most of the kids have graduated from the public school system so that does not prove any higher education than a drop out would have received on the job.

eg8r

Scott Lee
05-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Ed...Sadly, I am NOT making this up. There are House and Senate bills in progress right now, to reimplement a draft, in response to recruiting shortfalls, as well as anticipated near future action in other 'hot spots', like the alleged nuclear 'threats' that Iran is currently making.
I am not one to make things up, and all of this is documented already. Understand that there are some 1400+ bills submitted to Congress each year(about half of which are passed). Congress readily admits that they "don't even READ every bill, before they vote on it." Not too shocking then, that bills are passed where there are enormous 'pork barrel' benefits in a congressman's or senator's back yard. The same thing is happening with this bill regarding a new draft. It has been submitted to both the House and the Senate, but not yet voted upon. Do you believe the American people will rise up in protest IF a draft is implemented against popular will and support? I do...and I'll be part of it, as I have a draft age son.

I respect entirely, any American's right to serve their country with pride...and I don't resent our soldiers fighting for freedom and democracy. I just resent the enormous waste of American lives, and resources, invading a country that did not attack us. Al-Qiada is not Iraqi, and not based in Iraq. There are entirely too many soldiers returning from Iraq and elsewhere, telling horrible stories of what happens there on a daily basis. Abu Ghraib is another example of 'tip of the iceberg'. There are 17 other prisons in Iraq, all controlled by American troops, and all holding Iraqi "civilians" (men and women), being subjected to the same torture as reported earlier. The American public at large, has this information hidden from them...but it is available for anyone to see and read, on the Internet...and it comes right from the mouths of people who are there in the country now.

Scott

Scott Lee
05-04-2005, 05:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Like anything, the military is a job opportunity with perks and benefits. That is all the recruiters are doing. The problem is, all those people who thought the military was nothing but free education, travel, medical benefits and so on are now finding they have signed a deal to fight for their country and they don't like it. No one is lying or shanghaiing them. For many it is the best opportunity they will ever be offered. <hr /></blockquote>

How can you say the recruiter's are not "lying" to them?
Didn't you read the article Wendy posted at the beginning of this thread? Geez...if telling a prospective 'recruit' that it's okay that they have a 'problem with pot', and that THEY (the recruiter) can "fix" (read: CHEAT) it with some kind of chemical drink that masks the urine test...what is that, if it's not lying? If they lie about that, can't you imagine that they might be relying on even more aggressive measures...especially with increased pressure on them by their superiors, based on published 'quota' shortfalls in recruitment efforts over the past year.

Scott Lee

9 Ball Girl
05-04-2005, 05:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I did not know you had to have a high school education to fight in the army. I am not sure I understand the requirement. <hr /></blockquote>I'm not sure if I understand the requirement either, but I assumed that the minimal requirement to be in the army is a highschool diploma. I could be wrong?

PQQLK9
05-04-2005, 05:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I did not know you had to have a high school education to fight in the army. I am not sure I understand the requirement. <hr /></blockquote>I'm not sure if I understand the requirement either, but I assumed that the minimal requirement to be in the army is a highschool diploma. I could be wrong? <hr /></blockquote>

GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS

* U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
* 17-34 years old (17-39 years old for Army Reserve)
* Healthy and in good physical condition
* In good moral standing
* High School or Equivalent Education

Some positions may have additional qualifications
web page (http://www.goarmy.com/JobCatList.do?fw=careerindex)

eg8r
05-05-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed...Sadly, I am NOT making this up. There are House and Senate bills in progress right now, to reimplement a draft, <hr /></blockquote> Which bills? A number, a name? List them. Also, let us know who is championing the bill, a name would be fine. Last time I heard about the draft, there were a couple Dems advocating it on one of the Sunday talking head shows. I don't remember who they were, but I will look around and see if I find them.

[ QUOTE ]
I respect entirely, any American's right to serve their country with pride...and I don't resent our soldiers fighting for freedom and democracy. I just resent the enormous waste of American lives, and resources, invading a country that did not attack us. Al-Qiada is not Iraqi, and not based in Iraq. <hr /></blockquote> With regret to going off topic, statements like these show us that you are not really in search of the truth. There were 12 years + issues with Iraq. The war on terror just help get us off our butts and actually do something. You will be hard pressed to find anything of credibility that states the US went to war with Iraq ONLY because of Al-Qaeda.

eg8r

DickLeonard
05-05-2005, 06:28 AM
I told you he Was Hitler 11.####

Gayle in MD
05-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Ed, really, it is hard for me to think that you haven't heard anything about the fact that Bush had targeted Iraq for invasion before 9/11 ever occurred.

Your so called "War On Terror" is just a cover up for the fact that Bush used 9/11 as an excuse to do what he had decided to do before he was ever in office. Many people have given accounts of this. He wanted to get overthere and set up permanent bases so he can keep his fingers on those oil wells.

Most of the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, but he has never made mention of that fact, nor did he ever target Saudi Arabia for any serious investigation, instead, he goes to Iraq, while many of us were scratching our heads thinking, what the hell does Iraq have to do with 9/11.

He has drawn terrorists into Iraq saying we'll fight them over there, but he has done nothing here to make us safer and even wants to make things easier for illegals, in spite of the fact that the 9/11 terrorists were here illegally, with phoney driver liscenses. The estimates, and NO, I don't remember the exact number, of how many terrorists cells that are here in this country right now, are astounding, and he wants laws passed to make it easier for them to be unaccounted for. The man is nuts!

Why would our guys enlist in our armed forces when he is forcing them to stay way beyond their duty time, just so he can say "No Draft" long enough to get re-elected, and then get others to introduce legislation for re-instituting the draft for him at a later date. He knows damn well we've got to reinstitute the draft, knew it all along.

There is one hellofa mess over there, with no sight of things getting any better, they are worse. The Iraqis are paying for 9/11, which they had nothing to do with, while he holds hands with the Prince of Saudi Arabia. The Bushes have been in bed with the Saudi's for decades!

When things like this happen, dishonesty in the drafting practices, the push always comes from the top, and trickles down, but the ones who pay the price, are the guys at the bottom, just like those who are being court marshalled now for doing in the prisons just what their higher ups told them to do.

When Bush started to sell us this war, contrary to your statement of being hard pressed to find anything that states that we went to war with Iraq ONLY because of al-Qaeda, he used fear to get the public behind him. Mushroom clouds and al-Qaeda, those were his big selling points. Iraq was not an immediate threat to us. He focussed on an old blow hard, who had no weapons, and no means for weapons, while just around the corner there were other countries, that we KNEW had weapons of mass destruction. Why Iraq?

Just think for a moment how much better off we would be had we spent all this money securring our borders, creating missile defense weapons, searching out the cells of terrorists that are here already, developing better systems to protect our chemical and nuclear facilities, and creating and implementing a first class special forces elite to infiltrate and destroy terrorists cells around the world, not to mention all the lives that would have been saved. They are here, not just over there!

Bush's last public address was the best comedy show of the season! The man is a pathalogical liar, believes his own lies.

DickLeonard
05-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Gayle I will respond to your post I try one line posts for eg8r. If I was President on 911 and all but three terrorists
were Saudi Arabians, I would have frozen the Saudis 900 billion dollars in our banks. Rounded up all the benLaudins in the country and put them in Jail. Then told the King you don't get your money till you give us benlaudin. That would have happened within one week.####

eg8r
05-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Gayle, you did a great job of completely ignoring my post. I really am not asking for opinions and that appears to be all you want to offer. Go back and read my post, there are very specific questions. If you choose to answer them fine, but if not, at least give me some notice before I dive into a million sentences of your opinion. Your opinion has been stated here a million times and I don't care to read it in this thread.

This is not tough stuff, it was said this administration is pushing for the draft, so I want to know what bills are being pushed and who is behind them. I am simply asking for Scott to back up what he said.

eg8r

Scott Lee
05-05-2005, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> This is not tough stuff, it was said this administration is pushing for the draft, so I want to know what bills are being pushed and who is behind them. I am simply asking for Scott to back up what he said.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Ed...I will have the bill numbers and the people's names here later today. Then you are welcome to check them out for yourself.

Scott

Gayle in MD
05-06-2005, 04:18 AM
Tap Tap Tap !
If you ever decide to run, you've got my vote! It could have been handled many ways other than through Pre-emptive attack, and occupation of Iraq. We could have given the inspectors another two months, for example, to prove what many had said all along, NO WMD's. When Bush started this mess, it was all about WMD's, and mushroom clouds. Guess Ed doesn't remember any of that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-06-2005, 04:25 AM
Hey Ed,
There's a little arrow pointing up, and down, at the right edge of your page. Many use it to scroll past things they don't want to read, unless they want to "DICTATE" to others what they can and can't post, LOL.

BTW, did you know when it rains in West Virginia, it never rains over the railroad tracks!

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif wonders why Ed always wants us to do his research for him....could it be because he only watches Fox? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Qtec
05-06-2005, 06:22 AM
I think the Dems are responsible.

Dont you think the draft is really the only fair way to recruit?

Q

eg8r
05-06-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the Dems are responsible.

Dont you think the draft is really the only fair way to recruit?
<hr /></blockquote> I am inclined to believe the Dems are behind it also. I don't mind being proved wrong, so I am interested in the actual bills.

Sure it is fair. Has anyone questioned that?

eg8r

eg8r
05-06-2005, 06:48 AM
I really don't care about the arrows. Are you ignoring the questions on purpose? I am not asking anyone to do my research. If you make a statement like Scott did, then prove it. Don't whine when you are asked for the proof. Not my job to prove you right.

I haven't watched fox in about 6 months. My views are not painted for me by the news much like yours has been (proven through all the liberal documentation you try to feed down our throats). I try to take a look at both sides and form my opinion.

eg8r

eg8r
05-06-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We could have given the inspectors another two months, for example, to prove what many had said all along, NO WMD's. When Bush started this mess, it was all about WMD's, and mushroom clouds. Guess Ed doesn't remember any of that. <hr /></blockquote> Talk about lack of memory. This is becoming a joke. Give them 2 more months, are you this foolish. For 12 years they said Iraq had WMDs. I am inclined to believe you would have turned your eyes forever until Iraq tried to use the weapons.

What is funny about all this, is that even though the quantity of weapons you would approve of has not been found, there have been WMDs found. You also don't consider the chance that they could have been moved out of the country. Your hatred for Bush is sooo deep that you are unwilling to accept any other option other than the one that makes him look the worst. You have done nothing but paint a negative picture about what is going on in Iraq, despite all the amazing positive stuff that has been happening. You view everything negatively.

How about on the next ballot we have the option to choose #### and Gayle for Pres and VP. You two seem to have all the answers. You understand everything there is to know about foreign relations and domestic, so I say go for it. The world needs your wisdom and insight.

eg8r

Qtec
05-06-2005, 06:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I try to take a look at both sides and form my opinion.

<hr /></blockquote>

BAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Geeeeeeeeeeeeezzz.

Qtec

Qtec
05-06-2005, 07:16 AM
Youre post reminds me why I stopped posting ! For the last time;

[ QUOTE ]
Talk about lack of memory. This is becoming a joke. Give them 2 more months, are you this foolish. For 12 years they <font color="blue">Who is 'they'? Are you talking about defectors who have a vested/financial interest in telling the US what they want to hear? </font color> said Iraq had WMDs. I am inclined to believe you would have turned your eyes forever until Iraq tried to use the weapons. <font color="blue"> To be correct- the NON-EXISTENT weapons. </font color>

What is funny about all this, is that even though the quantity of weapons you would approve of has not been found, there have been WMDs found. <font color="blue">What a load of BS. </font color> You also don't consider the chance that they could have been moved out of the country. <font color="blue"> Pure fantasy. </font color> Your hatred for Bush is sooo deep that you are unwilling to accept any other option other than the one that makes him look the worst. <font color="blue"> And you are unwilling to accept any evidence that shows him in a bad light! </font color> You have done nothing but paint a negative picture about what is going on in Iraq, despite all the amazing positive stuff that has been happening. You view everything negatively. <font color="blue"> Its easy to dismiss the negative stuff when you dont live in Iraq. </font color>

How about on the next ballot we have the option to choose #### and Gayle for Pres and VP. You two seem to have all the answers. You understand everything there is to know about foreign relations and domestic, so I say go for it. The world needs your wisdom and insight.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Meanwhile, Osama [ remember him?] is sitting somewhere sipping a cool beer........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Qtec

Gayle in MD
05-06-2005, 08:27 AM
I've seen some pretty amazing stuff for sure, Ed, Like three of my friends trying to figure out how they are going to make enough supplemental money to make sure their sons will be taken care of after they are gone. Retirement is no longer an option for any of them, since their son's have no legs, and one with no arms. I go to see these fine young people every two weeks in the hospital, and I see some real amazing stuff in there, so damn amazing that I don't sleep for days afterward.

I don't care if Iraq has gold flowing in the streets, and fairy princesses granting everyone's wishes on an hourly bases, the sacrifices made by our troops overthere isn't worth it to me. Purple fingers waving in the air don't for a minute blind me from what I see in that hospital. Do I care if the Iraqis can vote, NO, I don't. I'd rather have our young men and women alive and whole.

Bush sent them overthere too soon, and for the wrong reasons, and I will be rejoicing the day that SOB is finally out of the White House. I don't hate him, he just repulses me. And for what, I ask you. Is Iraq a free and safe place to be, NO. Are we safer and better off for going, NO. Are terrorists ever going to stop, NO. Will going over there to make a difference in our future, NO. Have we found bin Ladden, NO. Have the bombings decreased because of our presence, NO. Is the middle east more settled than before, NO. Is there any sight of getting our guys out of there, NO.

What is amazing to me is that there are ANY American people who are still defending Bush!

For twelve years who said Iraq had WMD's? All the evidence was coming in that there were no WMD's there. Everything was pointing in that direction, but your man Bush, couldn't wait another month, because has was determined to go there way before 9/11, and he fed us all a pack of lies, and knew they were lies, yet you accuse others of having closed minds?

Bush will go down as the worst president in history. There has been no wide spread stabilization in Iraq, in fact, things are worse, and you call that amazing? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in Md.

Scott Lee
05-06-2005, 09:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> If you make a statement like Scott did, then prove it. Don't whine when you are asked for the proof. Not my job to prove you right.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Ed...We've been friends for a few years now, and I don't want to jeopardize that friendship, nor any of the others that I have formed here, with MANY friends of different political and religious persuasions. I am NOT patently political...people who know me, KNOW that! I am also someone willing to admit when I make an error, either in judgement or facts. I did make an error here, and I apoligize publicly for it.

The bills were indeed put forth...I just had the dates wrong. You're correct that the bills were sponsored in the House &amp; Senate by Democrats. However, the Republicans also appear to have an agenda, with a potential new draft, as well. It's just not as public, as the Democratic bills were. Everyone on both sides is stating publicly that NO draft is forthcoming. I can only hope that is true, for I have a draft age son.

The bills were HR 163, sponsored by Rep. Charles Rangel,
D-NY; and SB 89, sponsored by Sen. Ernest Hollings, D-SC.
HR 163 went to an extremely quick vote in the House, hidden among several other issues, that normally are voted upon VERY quickly...and as such was voted down 402-2! SB 89, as far as I can discern, is still languishing in committee, and has not yet been brought to the Senate floor, for a vote.

So...part of what I said actually IS true. SB 89 is alive, and has the potential to be delivered to the Senate floor, at any time, for a vote (although the likelihood is small, without another "terrorist action"). However, since HR 163 was defeated last Oct., a month before the election, I was completely incorrect in stating that a draft appeared imminent, based on current legislative action.

Scott Lee

Sid_Vicious
05-06-2005, 09:49 AM
"Bush will go down as the worst president in history."

Undoubtedly!!!!!!!!! Now we have to ponder...how much history, of our freedom based time, is left, and will be increasingly shrunk from our lives because of this fool?! Sad...sid

eg8r
05-06-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed...We've been friends for a few years now, and I don't want to jeopardize that friendship, nor any of the others that I have formed here, with MANY friends of different political and religious persuasions. <hr /></blockquote> I would not let it happen. I enjoy talking politics. There is just a pretty strong negative tone here on the board towards W, and when you made your statement, I asked for the facts. There should be no reason for that to jeopardize anything.

In the quote that you copied into your reply to me, the first sentence was about you, the second and third were directed towards another friend of mine, Gayle. She decided to step in the middle of our discussion and she got her feet stepped on. No big deal, she does a good job of dodging the tough questions (this is not the first time she has stepped in and provided nothing but negative views, and waited for her quick wit friend #### to prod her along).

eg8r

eg8r
05-06-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bush sent them overthere too soon, and for the wrong reasons, and I will be rejoicing the day that SOB is finally out of the White House. I don't hate him, he just repulses me. And for what, I ask you. Is Iraq a free and safe place to be, NO. Are we safer and better off for going, NO. Are terrorists ever going to stop, NO. Will going over there to make a difference in our future, NO. Have we found bin Ladden, NO. Have the bombings decreased because of our presence, NO. Is the middle east more settled than before, NO. Is there any sight of getting our guys out of there, NO.
<hr /></blockquote> Wait a second, before you go on any further, you forgot one question (or a few)...Should we sit here in America and do nothing to better the world (even if it is not noticed right away) and let all hell break loose? NO. I cannot remember if you have mentioned it, but how do you feel about us overthrowing Hitler? Should we have sat around waiting for the right time? NO. Should we have given him 2 more months before we did anything? NO. What about NK, should we just sit back and wait on them? NO.

The thing is, you want to pick and choose when it is best to fight? I will bet, you have different views depending on who the commander in chief is at the moment.

I feel sorry for your friends and I see that you are great friend. I am not sure I fully understand the pain you feel for those families and Lord knows, I have no idea what those families are going through, but I am proud of those men who stood up and fought when their country needed them. There are a lot of men, women and children around the world who are equally or more proud of them for overthrowing such a dictator. Whether you feel the world is better or worse is negligible since you (or I) don't live in that chaos. There are plenty of people over there with a completely different view than you or I and they feel MUCH safer. They no longer fear Saddam and his horrible sons. There is plenty of good that has happened but right now you are not ready to admit it.

eg8r

eg8r
05-06-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is amazing to me is that there are ANY American people who are still defending Bush! <hr /></blockquote> Sorry, I did not catch this the last time I replied. What is amazing to me is how few people get it. With all the negative press that comes out of the UK about the war, one would think Blair might be in trouble. No chance. He won again and still holds a 60 seat margin in Parliament. That is a landslide, and I don't care how the press decides to twist it. The only major country that was part of the war that has gone through an election and NOT re-elected the incumbent was Spain. The appeasers got someone that would wince in the face of terrorism. So, I am wondering, when are our papers going to mention how "dumb" all those Brits are for re-electing Blair. I guess if you look at what is happening you will see, less and less people are believing your negative, the sky is falling views. Keep up the good fight, though, it provides wonderful discussion. If not for this, we would be chatting in another endless Predator thread on the other side. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

eg8r
05-06-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is amazing to me is that there are ANY American people who are still defending Bush! <hr /></blockquote> Sorry, I did not catch this the last time I replied. What is amazing to me is how few people get it. With all the negative press that comes out of the UK about the war, one would think Blair might be in trouble. No chance. He won again and still holds a 60 seat margin in Parliament. That is a landslide, and I don't care how the press decides to twist it. The only major country that was part of the war that has gone through an election and NOT re-elected the incumbent was Spain. The appeasers got someone that would wince in the face of terrorism. So, I am wondering, when are our papers going to mention how "dumb" all those Brits are for re-electing Blair. I guess if you look at what is happening you will see, less and less people are believing your negative, the sky is falling views. Keep up the good fight, though, it provides wonderful discussion. If not for this, we would be chatting in another endless Predator thread on the other side. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~still reads the PR side of the board, but is tired of the same ole threads every day /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
05-06-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

eg8r &lt;~~~still reads the PR side of the board, but is tired of the same ole threads every day /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
05-07-2005, 04:46 AM
LMAO, I find it absolutely comical that you righties on here can't discuss the mess that Little Bushy has us in without bringing up Hitler or Clinton. Saddam, as far as I know, never vowed to take over an entire continent. He was a despot, and evil to the bone, and could have been removed in a number of ways without creating a situation which is as bad , or will eventually be worse in the long run.

I notice you do not address any of the valid points I have made regarding the situation that exists in Iraq, and the total failure of this administration to insure any improvment in our safety here at home. As regards our troops, fortunately, our young men have wised up enough that they are not standing on line to enlist in our armed forces as long as there is a lunatic in the White House who lies to them about the reasons why we need to fight, and extends their tenure there beyond a reasonable length of time. Since nobody is enlisting, and the terrorists are killing off the Iraqis who are enlisting faster than we can train them, just why, why Ed, do you think things are going so great? A successfull outcome in Iraq would not have required a massive road blocking effort in order for those people to vote! I think the Iraqi's are wishing we would get the hell out of there!

We are speaking about a man who, while holding his bible firmly to his chest, has killed more people than anyone in the country! A president who has put a seal of approval on changing the meaning of torture, (Find and read the memo for yourself which Bush and Gonzales put together to achieve this) and then when the media gets wind of it, it is all filtered down to two women who are responsible, LOL. Remind you a little of the bible, lol.

Interesting that you speak for the entire Middle East, Ed, as you insure me that people "Overthere" feel safer. I'll tell you who feels safer, North Korea feels safer, now that they know that the US only goes after the countries who DON'T have WMD's.

[Weather you feel the world is better or worse is negligible since you (Or I) don't live in that Kaos] Now this is really amazing to me Ed. So we shouldn't give a damn, right, while our government is practicing torture in the war prisons, and we shouldn't give a damn about all the Iraqis being killed everyday because we went about this thing in totally the WRONG way! Oh, OK, it's "Overthere" F##K IT !

BTW, Have you ever considered moving to Kansas, they're passing laws to control cheerleading in Kansas, so that they can wipe out sexually transmitted diseases, premarital sex and abortion, LOL.

Twenty Arabic speaking interpretors had been fired for being GAY when we didn't get the "Chatter" interpreted in time to stop 9/11. Ten thousand men have been turned away from military service, because they are GAY! Don't believe it? Want proof, dig, and Ye Shall Find.

Gayle in Md....wonders when the right will wake up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in MD
05-07-2005, 05:04 AM
Hey Scott, don't waste your time digging up proof for the righties on here, when you post it, they just ignore it anyway. It's pretty simple, really, the Insurgents are killing the Iraqi soldiers faster than we can train them, and enlistment in our armed services is at an all time low. I think it's safe to say, the handwriting is on the wall, regarding reinstituting the draft, so to speak, and it's going to be balls to the wall getting out of this mess! But hey, I'm just an out of touch negative American, LOL.

Gayle in Md. Wrong War, Wrong place, Wrong time! Glad our young men and women have figured this out!

Gayle in MD
05-07-2005, 05:17 AM
AH HA HA HA HA! Have you ever considered stand up comedy, Ed? If you desagree with the facts, YOU do the research to prove otherwise! People don't have the time or the inclination to google themselves into oblivion, just to win an arguement with nit pickers on an internet forum!

BTW, the feet, are fine, see how I'm still tap dancing, lol.

Gayle in Md., Still likes Ed, but thinks he could make more money on Saturday Night Live! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
05-07-2005, 05:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> BTW, the feet, are fine, see how I'm still tap dancing, lol.<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
http://www.pettypoint.com/pics/Gayle.gif

Gayle in MD
05-07-2005, 03:22 PM
BWA HA HA HA HA! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty is a riot! Talk about grabbing a Q ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Qtec
05-08-2005, 04:47 AM
T.Blair was elected because of a LACK of credible opposition. Just like GW. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
05-08-2005, 05:04 AM
"but how do you feel about us overthrowing Hitler? Should we have sat around waiting for the right time?"

You obviously know ZILCH about WW11.

Not to say that we are not greatful for the help of the USA.
5 May is liberation day in the Netherlands. In South Holland there is a cemetery with 10,500 graves of canadian soldiers who died in the Liberation. There is a scheme where Dutch citizens can adopt a grave; they clean the weeds out, lay flowers etc.
Do you know there is a WAITING list? 60 years after the war people are still lining up to care for fallen soldier,s graves.
Most Americans didnt have direct experience of the war. Europe did. Thats why they are less willing to grab for the gun when there is a problem.
Q
ps. all around the coast you can still find the German bunkers and pill-boxes that were built to defend against an allied invasion. Bunkers with 6ft concrete walls built into the shore.

Sid_Vicious
05-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Q..."Wag The Dog" was what elected GW. Kerry had credentials far past the Shrub, and the Shrub's lies far out numbered everything Kerry was run down the road with, lies that will continue, and has killed so many Americans in this personally engineered war in Iraq. SID

Gayle in MD
05-08-2005, 07:22 AM
You are so right. Can't you just hear Rove, telling Bush, "Now, we don't want you to get thrown out of office like your daddy did, so first on the agenda, lies and slander against the Dems, plenty of them, just like we did in Texas to get you into the Governors Office,.... then WAR, a nice big WAR, that's a sure route to re-election, wartime presidents are always re-elected. Then, remember, we've got to figure a way to cover up for and take care our wealthy oil friends, the Saudi's, and the bin Laddens, and get that SOB that tried to have daddy assasinated, Iraq, no matter what goes on, we turn it all into Iraq! Whatever happens, we'll blame it all on him. Gotta hel[p Dick take care of Haliburton, you know we all stand to gain from that!We can get it all rolling pretty easily, we get the Bible belt behind us, if we can get them out of the tents, and away from those snake bites, you know, they'll beleive anything if they think GOD can make them survive a poisonous snake bite, as long as you don't forget to thump that bible! And after we get in there, we gotta take good care of the filthy rich and the corrupt corporate CEO's, and don't forget those Pharmaceuticals, remember, they gave us a fortune, so we gotta help them to continue to screw over the old and infirmed. And while we're at it, we'll turn the best Democratic program ever, into a republican transformed miracle that will help our rich friends on Wall Street get richer and richer, screw the middle class, who won't be able to get by in their old age without SS and good benefits, and then when the market drops, so what, we rich will know about ahead of everybody else, and their lost 401's and stock investments right at retirement time will just help we rich out all the more, as long as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, the ones who really count to us will be around after all this White House mess is over with to scratch our backs and turn us into financial KINGS. OK, so ya got it now, we go after Gay Marriage, Abortion, and really play up the Mushroom Clouds, just don't focus on any real problems that are hard to solve, or might offend our financial supporters , like the environment, oil dependency, safe borders, North Korea, China, the exportation of American jobs, fixing SS so it will continue to work for those who will need it most, and if the Constitution gets in our way, We'll just cut some new laws to keep things going our way, and to stop any filabusters or investigations that might slow us down. Remember, You got GOD talking to you Now repeat after me, Nu-clEEEEEAr."

Gayle in Md.

Stretch
05-08-2005, 02:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You are so right. Can't you just hear Rove, telling Bush, "Now, we don't want you to get thrown out of office like your daddy did, so first on the agenda, lies and slander against the Dems, plenty of them, just like we did in Texas to get you into the Governors Office,.... then WAR, a nice big WAR, that's a sure route to re-election, wartime presidents are always re-elected. Then, remember, we've got to figure a way to cover up for and take care our wealthy oil friends, the Saudi's, and the bin Laddens, and get that SOB that tried to have daddy assasinated, Iraq, no matter what goes on, we turn it all into Iraq! Whatever happens, we'll blame it all on him. Gotta hel[p Dick take care of Haliburton, you know we all stand to gain from that!We can get it all rolling pretty easily, we get the Bible belt behind us, if we can get them out of the tents, and away from those snake bites, you know, they'll beleive anything if they think GOD can make them survive a poisonous snake bite, as long as you don't forget to thump that bible! And after we get in there, we gotta take good care of the filthy rich and the corrupt corporate CEO's, and don't forget those Pharmaceuticals, remember, they gave us a fortune, so we gotta help them to continue to screw over the old and infirmed. And while we're at it, we'll turn the best Democratic program ever, into a republican transformed miracle that will help our rich friends on Wall Street get richer and richer, screw the middle class, who won't be able to get by in their old age without SS and good benefits, and then when the market drops, so what, we rich will know about ahead of everybody else, and their lost 401's and stock investments right at retirement time will just help we rich out all the more, as long as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, the ones who really count to us will be around after all this White House mess is over with to scratch our backs and turn us into financial KINGS. OK, so ya got it now, we go after Gay Marriage, Abortion, and really play up the Mushroom Clouds, just don't focus on any real problems that are hard to solve, or might offend our financial supporters , like the environment, oil dependency, safe borders, North Korea, China, the exportation of American jobs, fixing SS so it will continue to work for those who will need it most, and if the Constitution gets in our way, We'll just cut some new laws to keep things going our way, and to stop any filabusters or investigations that might slow us down. Remember, You got GOD talking to you Now repeat after me, Nu-clEEEEEAr."

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

HOOooooly Fuuuuuuuuuuu$K......that was awsome! St.

DebraLiStarr
05-08-2005, 05:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You are so right. Can't you just hear Rove, telling Bush, "Now, we don't want you to get thrown out of office like your daddy did, so first on the agenda, lies and slander against the Dems, plenty of them, just like we did in Texas to get you into the Governors Office,.... then WAR, a nice big WAR, that's a sure route to re-election, wartime presidents are always re-elected. Then, remember, we've got to figure a way to cover up for and take care our wealthy oil friends, the Saudi's, and the bin Laddens, and get that SOB that tried to have daddy assasinated, Iraq, no matter what goes on, we turn it all into Iraq! Whatever happens, we'll blame it all on him. Gotta hel[p Dick take care of Haliburton, you know we all stand to gain from that!We can get it all rolling pretty easily, we get the Bible belt behind us, if we can get them out of the tents, and away from those snake bites, you know, they'll beleive anything if they think GOD can make them survive a poisonous snake bite, as long as you don't forget to thump that bible! And after we get in there, we gotta take good care of the filthy rich and the corrupt corporate CEO's, and don't forget those Pharmaceuticals, remember, they gave us a fortune, so we gotta help them to continue to screw over the old and infirmed. And while we're at it, we'll turn the best Democratic program ever, into a republican transformed miracle that will help our rich friends on Wall Street get richer and richer, screw the middle class, who won't be able to get by in their old age without SS and good benefits, and then when the market drops, so what, we rich will know about ahead of everybody else, and their lost 401's and stock investments right at retirement time will just help we rich out all the more, as long as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, the ones who really count to us will be around after all this White House mess is over with to scratch our backs and turn us into financial KINGS. OK, so ya got it now, we go after Gay Marriage, Abortion, and really play up the Mushroom Clouds, just don't focus on any real problems that are hard to solve, or might offend our financial supporters , like the environment, oil dependency, safe borders, North Korea, China, the exportation of American jobs, fixing SS so it will continue to work for those who will need it most, and if the Constitution gets in our way, We'll just cut some new laws to keep things going our way, and to stop any filabusters or investigations that might slow us down. Remember, You got GOD talking to you Now repeat after me, Nu-clEEEEEAr."

Ok...Gayle... I can clearly see that you can piss and moan about the current administration. What is your solution to any of these problems? Probably nothing. Are we to to do a military coitus interuptus in the middle east and let that region fend for themselves? That'll solve all of our problems, won't it? We are there, its a difficult situation, lets fix it. Pointing fingers and blaming is a waste of energy. It's a mess. It has to be straightened up, cleaned, sorted out, and sometimes that takes longer than we expect. Even if we were to get rid of Bush... say he was abducted by aliens tomorrow... we'd still have to deal with the mess.

As an executive in a very large corporation, I know why outsourcing exists, and it has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do about work ethic in this country. NAFTA has by and large crippled our economy in ways that we have never experienced before. These are all problems that nobody (left or right) has ever recognized because members of both parties are profiting because of NAFTA (Privately of course), and not just the GOP. Many, like you Gayle do not realize that issues such as Gay marriage &amp; abortion are parts of the moralistic deterioriation of our social value system. Add to all of this the free ride programs that reward people with incomes without working - Teenage preganancy - welfare programs - frivalous law suits - and outright blatant laziness &amp; this causes some guy named Abu in Bombay to be on the other end every time you dial a 1-800 number. I don't care who is President, until somebody addresses those issues nothing will change in this country. I hold a Masters Degree, I have a great job and I have worked extremely hard to make it where I am in life right now. I had nothing given to me along the way. Its not because I am privliged, or because I'm smart. It is because my parents raised me with moral values and a strong work ethic. More often than not, I am put down because of my income level, my education, my position and my race. Am I supposed to feel guilty that I have achieved my goals? Successful people are not the enemy in society. This has been the argument I hear from many liberals who seem hell bent on starting another gov't program to solve a problem that 31 existing programs haven't solved. Im not talking politics, I could care less about the GOP or the Democrats, or whoever else wants to water down the elections. The humiliating truth is that our jobs are overseas because WE put them there. As a society, as a country, we lost that ingredient that once made us stand out above the rest. If I were President (regardless of party affiliation) my head would spin. There are problems and situations that are there that none of us hear about. It's really easy to criticize until you have walked in that person's shoes. Alot of what I said here doesn't set well with people that have a nationalistic opinion on all issues. "America is the greatest country no matter what." Ok... the "no matter what" is here. Do something more than just bitch about it.

If you are in a position to do so, volunteer with community outreach programs (or donate money) to scholarship programs that will assist at risk youths in furthering their education. If we don't invest in our country, why should we expect a return?

Gayle in MD
05-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Blah, Blah, Blah,.... I'll talk to ya in ten years... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Hey Stretch, how's it going friend.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gayle in Md.

DebraLiStarr
05-08-2005, 10:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Blah, Blah, Blah,.... I'll talk to ya in ten years... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You proved my point. I thought you would say something like that instead of actually doing something about it or having any ideas for a solution. Its easier to just sit back all smug and piss and moan all day waiting for your liberal savior. That is not how problems get solved in this world.

Qtec
05-09-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Many, like you Gayle do not realize that issues such as Gay marriage &amp; abortion are parts of the moralistic deterioriation of our social value system. Add to all of this the free ride programs that reward people with incomes without working - Teenage preganancy - welfare programs - frivalous law suits - and outright blatant laziness &amp; this causes some guy named Abu in Bombay to be on the other end every time you dial a 1-800 number. <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
[ QUOTE ]
The humiliating truth is that our jobs are overseas because WE put them there. As a society, as a country, we lost that ingredient that once made us stand out above the rest.<hr /></blockquote>

Do you think Jack in NY can exist on the same wage as Abu in Bombay?
The companies who move their back-office work to India do it because its cheaper. Nothing else. Nobody forces them to move their jobs to India or wherever, certainly not American work ethic.
I can understand that the average Joe [ who is usually unemployed and in financial difficulty] could get upset when when Abu in Bombay calls him up to tell him he has to pay [this or that] or loose his car or his house/trailer.

Not all the relgious right are fanatics /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, and not all enemployed are lazy or in that position because they want to be.
They are easy targets though.
Both of them! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q

Stretch
05-09-2005, 03:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hey Stretch, how's it going friend.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GOOD Gale, Loved the Tap dancing /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif and of course a good rant is always good for the soul too. lol I don't get into it with politics 'especialy' some one elses. Us Candains have enough to contend with without the wieght of the world on us /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif St.

Stretch
05-09-2005, 04:05 AM
Debra, this is a quote you would like. It's from Thomas Jefferson.....

Be frugal, lazyness taxes us more than kings or governments ever did. St.

eg8r
05-09-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed? If you desagree with the facts, YOU do the research to prove otherwise! <hr /></blockquote> This is the issue that you don't seem to understand. A fact is not a fact UNTIL IT IS PROVEN. Just hearing a rant by you about something does not make it fact no matter how much you think it is.

I am a bit surprised at this response of yours and it shows quite a bit of ignorance. The thread started with Scott mentioning the draft and this current administrations probability of instituting it. Scott might have believe it was fact, and I am sure it was "fact" in your clouded little world of negativity. However, as Scott was in the process of proving his statement he found it was in fact NOT FACT.

So, whether you think I am being some sort of police figure, I don't care, just please open you mind and read this and try and understand...Because you said so is not fact. Unless you produce some sort of evidence no one has to believe it is fact. It is your job to provide the evidence proving the fact.

eg8r &lt;~~~I guess my reply to you is quite comical also, there is no chance you will read anything here with an open mind

eg8r
05-09-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Scott, don't waste your time digging up proof for the righties on here, when you post it, they just ignore it anyway. It's pretty simple, really, the Insurgents are killing the Iraqi soldiers faster than we can train them, and enlistment in our armed services is at an all time low. I think it's safe to say, the handwriting is on the wall, regarding reinstituting the draft, so to speak, and it's going to be balls to the wall getting out of this mess! But hey, I'm just an out of touch negative American, LOL.
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, waste of time. Exactly. You have proven what has been said more than once, you don't know what you are talking about. The writing is on the wall per se in your post. Thankfully Scott did not heed your "already too late bad advice", and he checked the bills out himself. Turns out, the Democrats were behind the draft bills. This is exactly what was mentioned, but you would never believe a "righty".

Thank you Scott for looking up the info.

eg8r

eg8r
05-09-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
T.Blair was elected because of a LACK of credible opposition. Just like GW. <hr /></blockquote> Take your head out of the sand and notice the trend. It appears the Left leaning portion of the world has had no credible candidates available. Once you understand the lefts agenda, it is no wonder people are voting for the right.

eg8r

eg8r
05-09-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Q..."Wag The Dog" was what elected GW. Kerry had credentials far past the Shrub, <hr /></blockquote> One hit wonder strikes again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I guess actual experience is not good enough. Kerry had no credentials, but he had a ton of history he tried to hide.

By the way, I think it has been about 100 days since Kerry gauranteed to release his medical records. Where are they? Are those the credentials you speak of?

eg8r

eg8r
05-09-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The companies who move their back-office work to India do it because its cheaper. Nothing else. Nobody forces them to move their jobs to India or wherever, certainly not American work ethic.
<hr /></blockquote> More ignorance. Hey, I bet that new increase in minimum wage here in Florida is just going to make all our goods cheaper and easier to produce at low costs.

eg8r

eg8r
05-09-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You obviously know ZILCH about WW11. <hr /></blockquote> Given the past couple years of you defending your knowledge, I might be inclined to believe you know less. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
05-09-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO, I find it absolutely comical that you righties on here can't discuss the mess that Little Bushy has us in without bringing up Hitler or Clinton. Saddam, as far as I know, never vowed to take over an entire continent. <hr /></blockquote> As far as your posts here on this board, I don't think you knew anything about Saddam. The comparison (which once again you did not understand) was not about who was worse.

[ QUOTE ]
I notice you do not address any of the valid points I have made regarding the situation that exists in Iraq, <hr /></blockquote> Why should I. You are guilty of the same. I usually go through your posts and reply to each and every one, but I have seen that is pointless, because your reply will then skip all the tough portions of my reply.

Talk about hypocrisy, my original post to Scott was asking for proof of the draft and the current administration's push of said draft (which he provided) and you did not even want to address that. Instead you chose to blather about everything else under the sun. You have spent more time trying to post a book of useless info instead of spending 2 minutes helping Scott find the bills. Instead of replying directly to my post and answer my questions specifically, you chose to make 15 more posts about unrelated stuff.

You and Q are the King and Queen of avoiding valid points.

Another example, was with Debra's post. She had some perfectly valid points and even asked if you had any solutions. What was your trivial nonsense, reply? "I will talk to you in 10 years". When you are ready to reply to others in a way you would like to be replied to, then you might get your wish. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif A little mixture of the Bible and some common sense, no charge. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r

Qtec
05-09-2005, 05:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote> More ignorance. <font color="blue"> Its really very simple; India is cheaper. </font color> Hey, I bet that new increase in minimum wage here in Florida is just going to make all our goods cheaper and easier to produce at low costs. <font color="blue"> So you would have your fellow Americans work 12 hour shifts for $20? Is that your sollution? It is said that most of the people who shop at WalMart are people who work at WalMart! Great system, pay your workers so little that they have to buy your own product! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif</font color>

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Q........doesnt expect eg8r to understand.........

eg8r
05-09-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you would have your fellow Americans work 12 hour shifts for $20? Is that your sollution? <hr /></blockquote> Did I say that? If you thought for one second before you responded you would see that is absolutely not what my reply was about.

[ QUOTE ]
It is said that most of the people who shop at WalMart are people who work at WalMart! <hr /></blockquote> That is a stupid statement, and I am now questioning myself why I would not understand you posting it. Here in Central Florida, EVERYONE shops at Walmart. There are more BMWs in the parking lot of the Kirkman RD Walmart than at the dealership.

eg8r

hondo
05-09-2005, 06:31 AM
Me too, Gayle. We just don't get it, do we?

But hey, I'm just an out of touch negative American, LOL.

Gayle in Md. Wrong War, Wrong place, Wrong time! Glad our young men and women have figured this out! <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
05-09-2005, 06:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
So you would have your fellow Americans work 12 hour shifts for $20? Is that your sollution? <hr /></blockquote> Did I say that? If you thought for one second before you responded you would see that is absolutely not what my reply was about. <font color="blue"> What DID you mean then? </font color>

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
It is said that most of the people who shop at WalMart are people who work at WalMart! <hr /></blockquote> That is a stupid statement, and I am now questioning myself why I would not understand you posting it. Here in Central Florida, EVERYONE shops at Walmart. There are more BMWs in the parking lot of the Kirkman RD Walmart than at the dealership. <font color="blue"> It might surprise you but I think the majority of people who shop at WM have never been to a BMW dealership!!!!!!! You shop there because you are cheap! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Most shop there out of necessitiy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif</font color>

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Q........why do I waste my time.....?????????????

Sid_Vicious
05-09-2005, 07:38 AM
"Q........why do I waste my time.....?????????????"

I discovered this personal insight long ago, hence egator's posts are skipped entirely by me. Unless you knowledgable, openminded posters, Dem or even Rebublicans, cut and paste his stuff into your replies, I never take my precious time to even read one he posts, when it comes to politics.

I like Ed so don't get me wrong, good player and a friend, but politics with him is a useless and fruitless subject as far as real American values are concerned, IMMHPO..sid

Qtec
05-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Call centers enliven city scene

BAGUIO, Philippines (Reuters) -- There was never much to do after midnight in the northern Philippine university city of Baguio except study or hit the lively bar scene.

But since the city got its first call center, nightlife has taken on a new meaning for hundreds of graduates.

At 3 a.m., row upon row of them stare at monitors, speaking into headsets in the near flawless American accents that give the Philippines an edge in its battle with India for the fast-growing outsourcing market.

Faced with rising wage costs as the pool of qualified candidates in Manila and central Cebu empties, outsourcing firms are moving to parts of the country that are still rich in English-speaking graduates willing to work for 12,000 pesos ($220) a month.

In Baguio, 200 km (120 miles) north of Manila, more than a third of the 300,000 population are students. So far there is only one call center, run by ClientLogic Corp., a unit of Canadian firm Onex Corp.

"It's a gold mine," said Ramon Dimacali, head of industry group Outsource Philippines, who sees benefits beyond pay rates that are a third lower than Manila's for the same caliber of graduate.

"There's definitely higher loyalty, less attrition, less churn," he said.

$220?
Q

Gayle in MD
05-09-2005, 08:21 AM
Thanks Stretch, you'll have to meet up with is next time I go to NY for Joe's (Nostalgia) famous homemade pizza,... I've promised him eight bars of high kicks, and you can have front row, lol.

I'm working on getting Eg8tr and I a show on HBO called THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY, ... I'll be in ecstasy laughing over my own jokes, and he'll be in agony cause I won't stick to the subject matter, LMAO!

Take care Stretch, come and see us!

Love,
Gayle

eg8r
05-09-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It might surprise you but I think the majority of people who shop at WM have never been to a BMW dealership!!!!!!! You shop there because you are cheap! Most shop there out of necessitiy. <hr /></blockquote> Why would that surprise me? To further your thought, most people in the world have never been to a BMW dealership. Who cares. that has nothing to do with my post.

eg8r

eg8r
05-09-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm working on getting Eg8tr and I a show on HBO called THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY, ... I'll be in ecstasy laughing over my own jokes, and he'll be in agony cause I won't stick to the subject matter, LMAO! <hr /></blockquote> We will have to watch the first episode in October. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
05-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Why mention it then?

Q????????????

eg8r
05-09-2005, 11:37 AM
I mentioned it because your ridiculous statement lead me to believe the only people shopping in Walmart were poor people.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi Hondo, how's it going?

That's right, part of the right's tactics, used so often though, a bit redundant, don'tcha think?

BTW, CNN had a very troubling expose' on the real truth about the Bush, "No child left behind" MESS! The usual,... The Texas statistics were manipulated, lies, teachers there actually cheating WITH the kids, and then the awful aftermath of the NCLB program, which it turns out is a massive increase in the number of drop outs.

Pinellas County Florida was also highlighted, it's a mess there also.

The teachers in my grand-daughter's school are very concerned about what Bush is doing to our educational system in this country. But, I guess if the right can put an end to Sexually Suggestive cheerleading, well, hell. that ought to solve everything, right? LMAO!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take it easy friend!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Hy Scott,
You should have watched the CNN Expose' on the No Child Left Behind program. They highlighted two counties in Texas and Florida, it seems that the TEACHERS were teaching the KIDS how to cheat! Statistics were namipulated, and the drop out rate went through the roof, in reality. Same things is now happening in Pinesllas county Florida. Kind of reminds me of when Bush was sending memos about Iraq back to our Intelligence people till they fit what he wanted to portray....

Truly, if you didn't see it, I will try to let you know when it is repeated. It was very sad.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wolfdancer
05-09-2005, 05:34 PM
"You should have watched the CNN Expose' on the No Child Left Behind program. They highlighted two counties in Texas and Florida, it seems that the TEACHERS were teaching the KIDS how to cheat!"

They're just getting 'em ready for that Army test. But....it's Florida, ferChrissakes.....Jeb country....

Barbara
05-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Yeah, this is a helluva program! No kid left behind, let's teach them all how to test well! Learn the answers early and memorize!! NO individual thinking is allowed anymore!!

What's next, losing the Arts and Music Programs because the Teachers can't give the students the skills to learn the answers early?

Barbara

eg8r
05-10-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should have watched the CNN Expose' on the No Child Left Behind program. They highlighted two counties in Texas and Florida, it seems that the TEACHERS were teaching the KIDS how to cheat! <hr /></blockquote> On what were they teaching them to cheat? We have this FCAT testing here in Florida and if you don't pass it, then you don't go to the next grade. Well, there are many teachers that have quit worrying about lesson plans and teaching the kids new stuff. Instead they have begun teaching the kids only the stuff on the FCAT and then teaching the kids how to take this test.

I think the FCAT is the worst thing for our schools. The idea behind it is great, but the execution of it is horrible. The idea was to gauge the children's progress in order to grade the quality of the education at the school. If a school was rated an F, then the children had the right to go to another school (even if they were not zoned for the other school). I think the kids can also go to a private school, paid by the state. The problem is that all it has done was scare the kids to death and all they think about all year is, the FCAT is coming. I would not be surprised to find out teachers were teaching the kids how to cheat on the FCAT.

eg8r

eg8r
05-10-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The teachers in my grand-daughter's school are very concerned about what Bush is doing to our educational system in this country. But, I guess if the right can put an end to Sexually Suggestive cheerleading, well, hell. that ought to solve everything, right? LMAO!!! <hr /></blockquote> I am sure the teachers have been saying the same things for over a decade. The school system has been a mess for a while. Like I said in another post, the FCAT in Florida is horrible.

However, your mention of the cheerleaders doesn't make any sense. Do you think the government should focus on only one thing and forget about everything else going on until that one issue is put to rest. Why can't they continue to work on fixing education problems, lowering crime, reducing illegal immigrants, and forcing high school leaders to be less provocative?

eg8r

hondo
05-10-2005, 05:28 AM
I gave up replying to him ,too. He just trivializes
anything you say and then calls YOU ignorant. Not
worth my time.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "Q........why do I waste my time.....?????????????"

I discovered this personal insight long ago, hence egator's posts are skipped entirely by me. Unless you knowledgable, openminded posters, Dem or even Rebublicans, cut and paste his stuff into your replies, I never take my precious time to even read one he posts, when it comes to politics.

I like Ed so don't get me wrong, good player and a friend, but politics with him is a useless and fruitless subject as far as real American values are concerned, IMMHPO..sid <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
05-10-2005, 05:35 AM
I heard about that some time ago. Doesn't surprise
those of us in teaching. A noble concept but the
reality of NCLB is something else.

BTW, CNN had a very troubling expose' on the real truth about the Bush, "No child left behind" MESS! The usual,... The Texas statistics were manipulated, lies, teachers there actually cheating WITH the kids, and then the awful aftermath of the NCLB program, which it turns out is a massive increase in the number of drop outs.

Pinellas County Florida was also highlighted, it's a mess there also.

The teachers in my grand-daughter's school are very concerned about what Bush is doing to our educational system in this country. But, I guess if the right can put an end to Sexually Suggestive cheerleading, well, hell. that ought to solve everything, right? LMAO!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take it easy friend!

hondo
05-10-2005, 05:41 AM
Too true, Barbara. I've been trying not to leave
any child behind and still prepare the students
for testing! It's a zoo. Creativity is a thing
of the past. As long as we can show results
on paper, administrators are happy.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Yeah, this is a helluva program! No kid left behind, let's teach them all how to test well! Learn the answers early and memorize!! NO individual thinking is allowed anymore!!

What's next, losing the Arts and Music Programs because the Teachers can't give the students the skills to learn the answers early?

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
05-10-2005, 05:50 AM
Good post, Eg. Maybe there's hope for you after all,
old fella. The pressure to just teach the test is
tremendous. I can retire in 2 years and I'm ready
like Freddy. I'm a dinosaur any more.

On what were they teaching them to cheat? We have this FCAT testing here in Florida and if you don't pass it, then you don't go to the next grade. Well, there are many teachers that have quit worrying about lesson plans and teaching the kids new stuff. Instead they have begun teaching the kids only the stuff on the FCAT and then teaching the kids how to take this test.

I think the FCAT is the worst thing for our schools. The idea behind it is great, but the execution of it is horrible. The idea was to gauge the children's progress in order to grade the quality of the education at the school. If a school was rated an F, then the children had the right to go to another school (even if they were not zoned for the other school). I think the kids can also go to a private school, paid by the state. The problem is that all it has done was scare the kids to death and all they think about all year is, the FCAT is coming. I would not be surprised to find out teachers were teaching the kids how to cheat on the FCAT.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

SnakebyteXX
05-10-2005, 07:25 AM
eg8r: [ QUOTE ]
The school system has been a mess for a while. <hr /></blockquote>

That's an understatement. Abysmal failure would be more appropriate. No Child Left Behind? Left behind what? We currently have a primary and secondary educational process that caters to a small percentage of kids headed for higher education and ignores any kind of real job training for the lion's share of the rest? Who are we kidding when the so-called educational process fails to prepare Johnny and Susie 'lion's share' for anything other than a minimum wage job at Walmart or McDonalds once they graduate? A minimum wage in a dead-end job that has to be supplemented by mom and/or dad because it's not enough to live on.

What's wrong with the system? Well for one thing it forces kids who aren't getting anything out of going to school - to go to school. Mandatory attendance - compulsory classes - and for what? The chance at a high school diploma that means virtually nothing in this day and age? Congratulations, here's your 'No Child Left Behind' high school diploma rubber stamp of approval (that for some bizarre reason validates the system more than it does the student) - now go try and find a job, moron.

I believe it's well past time to change the system and admit to one another that most kids aren't going to go to college - that those children who are not college bound need to be taught job skills that will earn them enough money after they graduate to live on their own and pay their bills with a little left over to save for the future.

It's past time to take away the 'compulsory' part of a secondary education and make it voluntary. Make it something that you have to qualify for in order to get in and stay in. For those that don't or can't qualify offer programs that teach trades and survival skills because in the final analysis survival is the minimum bottom line.

What we have now is a failed baby sitting system that spits out massive quantities of incompetant 18 year old's each Spring like some kind of out of control assembly line - and then turns its back on them as if their job is done.

Rant over.

Snake

Gayle in MD
05-10-2005, 07:29 AM
That is the test on which they were cheating in Texas. Now just think for a moment, Teachers who don't want to lose their jobs, walking around the classroom signaling to the students how to mark the test, teaching them to CHEAT, and giving the slow students in the upper grades encourgement to drop out of school so they won't bring down the success levels. When kids are held back two and three years, they drop out, it is a statistical fact.

Our new Secretary of Education, from Texas, appointed by Little Bushy, took part in the juggling of the statistical information.

Some schools which were highlighted have done away with recess for grade school kids. Art Music and gym is a thing of the past. It's all about getting passing scores on the No Child Left Behind testing system, so the principles won't be demoted, and the teachers won't be fired. There were teachers, dedicated teachers, on the CNN program, who spoke out about the principals telling them to help the kids cheat. They were fired, ofcourse.

My point about the cheerleading, Ed, is that it is absolutely stupid when the religeous right jumps into our political debates, or jumps into the legislature of a state, to outlaw certain cheerleading styles, saying that they lead to sexually transmitted diseases and abortion, and also bashes the gay community, making gay marriage and abortion, both personal choices, part of a presidential election, this is very dangerous, and is not what our constitution is about.

There was some news last night about a pastor who excommunicated certain deacons from the congregation because they didn't vote for Bush!

The religeous right, and their backward thinking, guilt driven, science attacking, women oppressing, repulsive philosophies are a dangerous group, IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> forcing high school cheerleaders to be less provocative [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Who is going to make the decision on what is and isn't provocative? Some girls have only to jump into the air to look sexy, are we going to ban all the large breasted girls from cheerleading? Who is going to make this determination? Organized religeon when using gastopo measures threatens everyones rights, and can wipe out centuries of scientific progress all in the name of GOD. Does this remind you a little of the Taliban,alQaeda, hooded women who hide their beauty?

I hope that when we have no smiling children in our schools, sexually repressed women in our society, more gay bashing fanatics, kids graduating who only know how to cheat on tests, more welfare mom's who couldn't get abortions, more people living on our streets cause they couldn't get by on retirement, I hope then you will remember that you owe it all to Bush, the religeous right, and their bibles!
"Idealism, vacant of reason and practicality, is folly."
Gayle in Md....

eg8r
05-10-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That is the test on which they were cheating in Texas. Now just think for a moment, Teachers who don't want to lose their jobs, walking around the classroom signaling to the students how to mark the test, teaching them to CHEAT, and giving the slow students in the upper grades encourgement to drop out of school so they won't bring down the success levels. When kids are held back two and three years, they drop out, it is a statistical fact.

Our new Secretary of Education, from Texas, appointed by Little Bushy, took part in the juggling of the statistical information.

Some schools which were highlighted have done away with recess for grade school kids. Art Music and gym is a thing of the past. It's all about getting passing scores on the No Child Left Behind testing system, so the principles won't be demoted, and the teachers won't be fired. There were teachers, dedicated teachers, on the CNN program, who spoke out about the principals telling them to help the kids cheat. They were fired, ofcourse.
<hr /></blockquote> It is a shame. A great idea, just poorly executed.

[ QUOTE ]
My point about the cheerleading, Ed, is that it is absolutely stupid when the religeous right jumps into our political debates <font color="red"> Who are you referring to when you say "our"? It would not be much of a debate if the only people you invite are those in agreement with you. </font color> , or jumps into the legislature of a state <font color="red"> free speech. Your elected officials should listen to their constituents and vote accordingly. </font color> , to outlaw certain cheerleading styles, saying that they lead to sexually transmitted diseases and abortion <font color="red"> It is not exactly rocket science to understand their gyrating could lead to the STDs. However, this could be a gross exaggeration. </font color> , and also bashes the gay community, making gay marriage and abortion, both personal choices <font color="red"> This is not too different than you bashing them for choosing to exercise their free speech. The latter of the two you mentioned is murder but that surely is for another discussion. </font color> , part of a presidential election <font color="red"> Once again, this is an issue of free speech and the elected official listening to their constituents. If they don't listen they hopefully lose their job. </font color> , this is very dangerous, and is not what our constitution is about. <font color="red"> Could you explain your interpretation of what the Constitution is about, and how it pertains to permitting free speech no matter who is doing the speaking? </font color>
<hr /></blockquote> eg8r

eg8r
05-10-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What we have now is a failed baby sitting system that spits out massive quantities of incompetant 18 year old's each Spring like some kind of out of control assembly line - and then turns its back on them as if their job is done. <hr /></blockquote> What are you talking about. All these kids with high school degrees have gauranteed jobs and the pay is not that awful considering the alternative. They can all join the military. Nice segue back to the original topic. We have come full circle. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Bravo! Great post.
Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-10-2005, 10:17 AM
"Our political debates" refers to our political debates, here in America, where we have separation of church and state, or we are supposed to have.

Free speech and changing the law to align it with the religeous philosophy of one group, namely the religeous right, is two entirely different things.

Cheerleading leads to Sexually transmitted disease??????????
You are farther out there than I even thought!

Free speech was not a part of my post. REALLY! I wish you would stick to the subject, LMAO!

Murder, is what Bush commited over and over again in Texas!

I don't discuss abortion with men. IMNSHO, their thoughts on the subject are not pertinent, and they certainly have no right to dictate to any woman what she does with her own body. After you have a baby, I'll listen to your opinion on the matter. In the meantime, don't do any cheerleading, I'd hate to see you get pregnant, or aids or herpes!

I have a book recommendation for you...The Power Of Myth, by Joseph Campbell....

eg8r
05-10-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"Our political debates" refers to our political debates, here in America, where we have separation of church and state, or we are supposed to have. <hr /></blockquote> Thank you for defining this. I think you are wrong. Seperation of Church and State has nothing to do with citizens speaking out. It does have something to do with Congress or President declaring there will be prayer in government funded schools.

[ QUOTE ]
Free speech and changing the law to align it with the religeous philosophy of one group, namely the religeous right, is two entirely different things.
<hr /></blockquote> The religious right (meaning the citizens) does not change law. Congress does. The religious right of this country have as much right to say whatever they want, just like you do. If they influence Congress and Congress allows it to happen and it violates Seperation of Church and State, then that has nothing to do with the religious right, and has everything to do with Congress. I think you need to reevaluate who you are attacking, because your arguments here on this board impede free speech.

[ QUOTE ]
Cheerleading leads to Sexually transmitted disease??????????
You are farther out there than I even thought!
<hr /></blockquote> This is not about being farther out, it is about having a brain and using it, something you are not doing right now. There is cause and effect and it happens every day. I am not going to get into all the different examples because there are a multitude.

[ QUOTE ]
Free speech was not a part of my post. REALLY! I wish you would stick to the subject, LMAO! <hr /></blockquote> It was there but you did not even recognize you were impeding the religous right's right.

[ QUOTE ]
Murder, is what Bush commited over and over again in Texas! <hr /></blockquote> This still does not take away the fact that your listed choice is murder.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't discuss abortion with men. IMNSHO, their thoughts on the subject are not pertinent, <hr /></blockquote> Quite like your thoughts on politics.

[ QUOTE ]
After you have a baby, I'll listen to your opinion on the matter. <hr /></blockquote> Well, with that higher than thou attitude, once you become President of the US we will be willing to listen to your opinion.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-10-2005, 04:34 PM
BWA HA HA HA, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ed, you do have a way with ya! LMAO....

Gayle in Md, may be a F**ked up way, but it's a way for sure.

Harold Acosta
05-14-2005, 01:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Did you know that our gov't has constructed several PERMANENT military bases in Iraq?
Seems odd for what is supposed to be a 'temporary' insertion in their country! This is scary stuff indeed!

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

Definitely scary, particularly since there has been a 33 percent increase in federal spending during President George W. Bush's first term alone.

Another tid bit: $89.4 million dollars have been disbursed by US Officials for Iraq "reconstruction" efforts that auditors say cannot be sufficiently accounted for.

An additional $7.2 million dollars have been disbursed that cannot be accounted for at all....

I'm beginning to think that some of this money most probably have been used for "secret permanent bases."

Harold

Harold Acosta
05-14-2005, 02:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>

What is funny about all this, is that even though the quantity of weapons you would approve of has not been found, there have been WMDs found. You also don't consider the chance that they could have been moved out of the country. eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r, the weapons of mass destruction were moved when all American Satellites, and Army Intelligence personnel were fast asleep. Maybe moved underground to Afganistan to avoid detection.

Another possibility: WMD were moved around in Iraqi's personal vehicles, pick-ups, bycicle's or scooters, you know, small vehicles to not let anyone be suspicious.

No, no, wait-a-minute, the Iraqui's hired the most famous illusionists to move those babies around right before the world's eye.

Scott Lee
05-14-2005, 09:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> I'm beginning to think that some of this money most probably have been used for "secret permanent bases."

Harold <hr /></blockquote>

Heck Harold...That's chicken feed! Bush deals in HUNDREDS of BILLIONS, so who's gonna miss a few HUNDRED million (Halliburton's KBR unit overcharged our gov't $200,000,000...and got caught)! LOL Someone is just flat out stealing the money...let's see, their initals wouldn't be KBR (read: Dick Cheney), would they?

Those bases are NOT secret. Only the U.S. press doesn't print anything about them. The English &amp; Europeon publications have printed plenty of stories about those bases, and lots of other things, that Bush would rather the U.S. citizens didn't know about! Look at the recently
"leaked" memo between Bush &amp; Blair, PROVING that he planned to attack Iraq at least 3 months before there was ANY mention of it (the whole time, Mr. Bush repeatedly denied, to Congress and the American people, that there was ANY plan in the works for war, and that he absolutely did NOT want a war)! Hmmmmm... somebody's lying...let's see who might it be? That memo was published two weeks ago, but not a WORD about it in the U.S. media, until a few days ago.
88 congressmen have written a letter to Mr. Bush, asking for an explanation! My question is, why isn't it EVERY congressman, red or blue? I guess some just don't want to know. Can't say I blame them...the real truth is much more frightening than we can even imagine.

Scott Lee /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif