PDA

View Full Version : Computer problems... HELP!!!

Cane
05-05-2005, 11:51 AM
OK, I apparently have some kind of problem with ActiveX Control. Every time I try to open the WEI tables, I get a message that I have ActiveX Controls disabled and the page may not display... which it doesn't. In any case, here's what I've done and still doesn't work.

Went to Internet Options, Security, and manually enabled everything there was to do with ActiveX and scripting.
* Still didn't work...
Went to Trusted Sites and put the site for the WEI table on trusted sites.
* Still didn't work...
Lowered my internet Security to NOTHING. As low as everything would go
* Still didn't work...
Went back per MSN's troubleshooting suggestion and reset all security at default.
* Still doesn't work...

OK, I'm lost here now. I don't know what else to do. I feel like Joe Dirt hanging by his fingertips... "SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

I'm running Win98 with IE6.0.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Been like this for awhile, and I'm getting tired of not being able to see the table setups people post on CCB.

Thanks,

Bob (not extremely computer knowledgable!)

highsea
05-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Bob, if it's any consolation, I have the same problem, and I haven't sorted it out yet (I think it came in on one of Microsoft's "security updates"). /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lol, I'm supposed to be good at this stuff. Send me a PM with your OS version, IE version, and whatever spyware programs you are running, I will try to trace this out this weekend. Go to add/remove programs and get a list of service packs/security updates/hotfixes, etc- they will be numbered like KB828741, Q83709, etc, write them all down and include them in your PM.

-CM

Cane
05-05-2005, 07:45 PM
highsea,

Thanks. I'll get in this thing and send you all that info on Monday. I would tonight, but I have to take a Trazadone and get some sleep. Heading for St Louis at 7am for my daughter in law's graduation from Nursing School. Well, actually Belleville, IL, but almost St. Louis!

Thanks,
Bob

catscradle
05-06-2005, 05:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> ...
I'm running Win98 with IE6.0.
<hr /></blockquote>

I would consider upgrading your operating system to XP if you're hardware can handle it. It is a much more reliable OS. It may not solve your problem, but it is still a better OS than Win 98. Win98 is getting pretty long in the tooth.