PDA

View Full Version : 2005 CCB Tournament Suggestion

JMD in VA
05-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Can we dedicate this year's tournament in memory of Dave?

JMD in VA

Barbara
05-05-2005, 04:37 PM
You should, absolutely!! He was the one that gave us the "Fun Tournament Format" in the first place!!

Boy!! It was Fun!!

And WesK is STILL my hero!!

Barbara

Rich R.
05-05-2005, 06:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JMD in VA:</font><hr> Can we dedicate this year's tournament in memory of Dave?<hr /></blockquote>
I like that idea.

9 Ball Girl
05-05-2005, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't have it any other way.

Barbara
05-05-2005, 06:55 PM
I personally think it should be named permanently for Dave because of the the Fun Tournament Manager Program he generously donated. We played by the format and had a great time!! Dave also donated a permanent key to Dave's software that he developed as a tool for Tournament Directors for a very small profit. He gave this one up for free activation at the CCBIII tourny.

Barbara~~~wink wink Wally, wink wink Steve /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif!!

PQQLK9
05-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Maybe Dave and Frank Glenn also.

Chris Cass
05-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap. That was great thought Nick. Maybe add Andy G. too.

Regards,

C.C.

Eric.
05-06-2005, 05:52 AM
I think it's a great idea.

Also, if we can make this a "charity" event, I think it might be a nice touch. Maybe we can make the tourney a voluntary $20 or so donation with proceeds going to the Hospice that Joanne named. We can also have a large card signed and mailed to Joanne, with a group picture.

Just a suggestion.

Eric

Brian in VA
05-06-2005, 05:55 AM
In memory of Dave I recommend the trophy be named the
Dave Syrja Trophy from now on.

Brian in VA

pooltchr
05-06-2005, 08:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> In memory of Dave I recommend the trophy be named the
Dave Syrja Trophy from now on.

Brian in VA <hr /></blockquote>

Great idea! I second the motion.
Steve

9 Ball Girl
05-06-2005, 08:07 AM
Whatever you guys decide is ok with me too.

Rich R.
05-07-2005, 07:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> In memory of Dave I recommend the trophy be named the
Dave Syrja Trophy from now on.<hr /></blockquote>
I don't know about anyone else, but I really like this idea and IMHO, we should go with it.
Since Brian is making the trophy, we can not wait until the last minute to make a decision on this.
I say we go with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stretch
05-08-2005, 05:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> In memory of Dave I recommend the trophy be named the
Dave Syrja Trophy from now on.<hr /></blockquote>
I don't know about anyone else, but I really like this idea and IMHO, we should go with it.
Since Brian is making the trophy, we can not wait until the last minute to make a decision on this.
I say we go with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The Syrja Trophy! Wonderful idea. St.