PDA

View Full Version : New Toy! Jumpin'James JCue

Sid_Vicious
05-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Bought me a new toy while at he ACS Nationals, a jumper once labeled a Jumpin James. It is now made my Jacoby, has a nifty circular groove just back behind the rings which definetely IMPO enhances the ergonomics for dart strokers, a really light and comfortable little hopper. Frustrating part of getting it for me was that I couldn't practice in the tournament arena(rule of the event) but the first make-believe "need" to use it shortly after purchasing it was an instant pleasure. I had the chance to hit with a friends JJames a year or two back and had an urge to get one since that time. I can't wait to get it on the Brunswick at home for a real workout, it'll probably replace my Lucasi unless I find my control with draw/follow/follow after the jump is diminished. The Lucasi ain't close to the lightness of this cue nor the Stealth which I also own, but the Lucasi really controls the CB,just can't jump half ball gaps for me, so it'll be interesting to see how the new cue compares.

Has anyone played with this Jumpin'James style cue? I know one thing for sure today..it's put my Stealth in third place over all of my jumpers. There's a big following of the Stealth here, and I am not contesting it isn't an edequate cue for getting air, just saying that it seemingly has it's limitations in the way I stroke. Thanks for your comments...sid

cheese_ball
05-09-2005, 08:10 AM
Sid-

Congrats on the new toy! I too own one of these little Jacoby jumpers. I've had it for almost a year, and this J cue kicks a**! Its' light weight and neat ergonomics (and phenolic tip of course) make this one of the easiest cues to jump with. I've taught countless individuals to jump in 5 min. or less.
Better still, it's saved my butt numerous times in 9-ball tourneys. It's sort of funny, but I've noticed that when I play someone better than myself, the first safe they play, I jump and make contact or safe (or make the shot) it really rattles their ability to play the safe. If I do it to them 2-3 times in a row, then they'll hardly play me safe again!