PDA

View Full Version : Alex's Lemonade.......

wolfdancer
05-08-2005, 08:25 PM
If you watched the Derby, what a poignant story....and what a neat tie-in with Afleet Alex.
This little girl's charity has raised millions, so far, and it's going to continue on.
Besides pulling for Afleet....I was kind of hoping George Steinbrenner's horse would win...me, a life long Yankee hater....pulling for old George.
Pretty good race ....it's called the most exciting two minutes in sports, and lived up to it's name. An old ex, used to call me "Kentucky", said it was the most exciting two minutes, well, actually she didn't use the word exciting, and I kind of faded in the stretch, like Bellamy Road.
It would be nice if a big company would market "Alex's Lemonade", and donate the profits to Children's Cancer research. A natural for Paul Newman's company

dg-in-centralpa
05-09-2005, 12:56 PM
I also was pulling for Afleet. Only because I thought he was the better horse. But what did I know? LOL My niece bet on Giacomo cause it reminded her of a restaurant. I haven't done well at the track for awhile. Maybe I should do like my niece and just bet names.
DG

wolfdancer
05-09-2005, 01:53 PM
I've heard of betting on the Jockey's colors....and when I used to play the dogs at Wonderland, in Revere,Mass...legend had it that it was smart to bet on a dog that relieved himself on the track, before the race...less weight, more speed???
Neat thing about Afleet Alex...if he comes in 1,2,or 3, the owners donate a portion of the winnings to the children's charity.
I think if George really wants to win the Derby, he should put a saddle on, and let some 95 lb midget climb on his back.