PDA

View Full Version : Video Newbie, Software What should I buy

bluey2king
05-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Hello to all
I know some of you shoot videos of your pool playing.
I just bought a Sony HandyCam. Waiting for it to arrive.
I have a nice tripod but what else do I need?
Software is one of my Q's. I am new and want easy to use sofware. All comments Welcomed
Thanks!
You guys have been a Great Deal of help in the past!
Bluey2king

dr_dave
05-09-2005, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluey2king:</font><hr>I know some of you shoot videos of your pool playing. I just bought a Sony HandyCam. Waiting for it to arrive. I have a nice tripod but what else do I need?
Software is one of my Q's. I am new and want easy to use sofware.<hr /></blockquote>
The software I use is described here (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=176909&amp;page =0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1). Pinnacle Studio was very easy to learn and use. It is not as full-featured as a professional package like Abobe Premiere, but it is much less expensive and easier to learn.

Regards,
Dr. Dave

yegon
05-09-2005, 01:41 PM
if you are using windows xp you have windows movie maker for free. It is easy to use and has most of the features you would need. One thing I missed there was the ability to remove the audio track and replace it with another one.

If you would like that and many more freatures and effects there are 3 widespread options.

Pinnacle studio
Adobe premiere
Ulead video studio

I personally use Adobe premiere but I think any one of these would suit you well