PDA

View Full Version : Eye lens replacement

ras314
05-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Anybody had it done? I have cataracts in both eyes, worse in the right, that will soon require an artificial lens.

As it is I have to shoot slower than I would like in order for the eyes to change focus from the cb to the ob. As far as switching back and forth during the pre-shot routine, forget it. Once this surgery is done I guess the eye will not change focus distance at all so I wonder how others have coped with this problem.

bluey2king
05-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Yes I have had done in my rt. eye. I had detached retina, I had ten surguries in that eye. Thus all the work that they did to save my sight ended up causing a cataract. This was a fast froming one compared to natural ones. Anyway if fogged up to the point I couldn't see. I was real nervous going in for another operation, all the other operations I didn't have much choice in. The Dr. was real cool a Great looking gal with Beautiful long red hair. Tells me me she has none thousands of these...I wonder about that.
It went real easy she broke up the old lens with ultrasonic probe and then slides in the new lens folded in half then unfold it in place. The real cool part is they make the lens that they install with correction. I wear a contact in my left eye but nothing with the rt eye. Now my vision is not perfect because of the retina issue, but as far as the lens goes its great!
Good Luck Tell us how it goes..OK
They do alot of them go for it you will be happy you did.
p.s. after about 3 months you will need to go back when the membrane tissue between the lens and cornea fogs and the break that out this a lazer! Zap!! You see better!

Bluey2King

ras314
05-11-2005, 12:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluey2king:</font><hr>
p.s. after about 3 months you will need to go back when the membrane tissue between the lens and cornea fogs and the break that out this a lazer! Zap!! You see better!

Bluey2King <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks for the reply, I hadn't heard about the later fogging. Do you notice a difference focusing on a close ball? May be hidden by the retina problem, sure sounds like a bad time going thru all that.

Seems like for every relativly minor health problem I have there are others on the board that cope with much worse. And probably shoot better pool too, so I'm always encouraged by other's experiences.

An old pool hall I hung around a long while back had a black eye patch that was used for weight sometimes. Thing drove me nuts although it didn't seem to bother some.