PDA

View Full Version : Updated Drills and Template page

Tom_In_Cincy
06-08-2002, 11:28 AM
I just updated my drills and template page on my website.

Couple of new drills and an easier format. I would appreciate any feedback.. Thanks

http://www.geocities.com/cincytom314/Templates_and_Drills.html

cheesemouse
06-08-2002, 03:23 PM
Tom,
The text is unreadable when I looked.

Race2-9
06-08-2002, 05:13 PM
Tom; I have various drills I am willing to send you if you let me know how. These are hard copies.

Rod
06-08-2002, 08:17 PM
Cheese, quit drinking that cheap whiskey, hic hic lol

stickman
06-08-2002, 08:19 PM
Cheesemouse, when I hoover my mouse over the templates, an icon comes up that allows me to enlarge the template. Once I do that, the text is easily readable. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

cheesemouse
06-08-2002, 08:22 PM
Rod,
LMAO but it's cheap brandy my man /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif and I swear I could'nt read it...make that with a twist please. LOL......

cheesemouse
06-08-2002, 08:26 PM
Stickman,
Thanks, I'll give that a try... hiccup...burp.. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rod
06-08-2002, 09:01 PM
There all good drills Tom, and easy to follow. Something I would add is center table position on the 3 and 4 rail type shots, to vary speed of stroke. The deflection test IMO is a better test at 3"or slightly less between balls. If someone can't shoot between that area with heavy english, they will never make a ball with the same english. Just some thoughts. How do you put the diagrams on the tables? Is that a special program? Or do you draw them out and scan them afterwards? Inquisitive mind tonight.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-08-2002, 09:13 PM
I use the template to add drills. The program I use is Visio Pro 2000, and engineering program that is not as complicated as AutoCad. I made the template to scale.

Three inches is not out of the question. I try to set it up with just a little less that a half inch on either side of a ball in the middle of the two balls left on the end rail.
The purpose of the deflection drill is just to get use the the fact that you must change your aim point if you want to hit inbetween the two balls.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-08-2002, 09:14 PM
Please feel free to e-mail me your drills. I will be glad to add them and quote the source.

Thanks

Rod
06-08-2002, 09:19 PM
That does not happen for me Jim, no icon ect. I can read it very well without that though. I use IE and I can right click and zoom in or out if I needed to. I'm not sure if everyone has this option. I think I D/L a program that enables that option. On most any web site, except CCB I can hold down the CTRL key and use the mouse scroll wheel to enlarge text or make it smaller. Anyone using IE can do that. Still wondering about that Icon.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-08-2002, 09:27 PM
Try printing it. The printout should fit an 8x11 sheet of paper with a margin on the right side for notes.

I suggest doing the same for the 'Template' for future drills or shots you want to keep for discussion later.

06-09-2002, 12:37 AM
pretty good idea Tom, looks like you have a copy of Bert Kinisters 60 minute workout for 9- ball. Uts funny that you have that 4 rail shot on their, because i was just showing a guys the other night how to get back down the table off that shot. He wanted to try and draw it back across the table, but i told him it was easier to go forwards and get there. He has only been playing for about a year and his stroke wasnt good enough to go forwards or backwards to get there. He was having trouble getting to the end rail going forward and i told him he was hitting thr rail first instead of hitting the OB first and then he understood that what he was doing was hitting it like a rail first cut shot and the cueball was coming straight across the table and not getting to the end rail (second rail). i showed him how to draw the ball back without scratching cross side by hitting the ball first again, and throwing the OB down the rail to get above the sied pocket. I dont think he ever did get the stroke right to go forward very well, but that is a much safer route. He was amazed at how easily i did it but i told him its because my stroke is twice as good as his.

Where exactly do you play in Cincinatti? thats not too awfully far from me i just live 50 miles north of Indianapolis in Kokomo, maybe we could hookup and play sometime. Not for money just for kicks, and you could show me some of the places to play in Cincinatti. It would be a nice little weekend retreat for me.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-09-2002, 08:25 AM
I play at SnookerS just north of the Tri-County Mall. Dirctions to SnookerS are on my web-site.
http://www.geocities.com/cincytom314/
513-671-POOL
Would welcome any CCBer anytime.