PDA

View Full Version : With all seriousness

XRIFT
05-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Please don't send jokes back on this....

I'm trying to teach my g/f to shoot pool, she's really taking learning serious finally after months of just sitting around and watching others play. The problem is that my stroke and most I see allow a player to get down over the cue and look straight down and for my g/f it's a problem for two huge reasons(hint)... I've see women play pool great and have huge endowments but I've never had to shoot with breasts myself so I can't exactly help her get more comfortable in her stance.... I'm seriously asking any women that post any advice that'd help her....

randyg
05-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Barbara?

bustah360
05-10-2005, 01:24 PM
That's a really good question! Trying to show a woman how to get down on a shot with her breasts in the way is nutz, especially if you're a guy.

Women of the pool world, help us pls!

Brian in VA
05-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Okay, I'll take a shot.

If you watch Karen Corr shoot, it appears that by using a snooker stance she is able to properly sight down the cue without any hindrance. I guess my recommendation is to either stand with feet nearly perpendicular to the line of stroke or stand with the feet nearly parallel to the stroke, shooting more across the body.

It's more difficult if she's swinging a golf club. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brian in VA - Not an instructor but would love to play one in this case. (No offense!)

Barbara
05-10-2005, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> Barbara? <hr /></blockquote>

Ha ha ha... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

He needs to get her to a certified instructor so she can learn to stroke properly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dawn Hopkins cured me of that. Your school and Fran Crimi always reinforces that stroke technique./ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

LARRY_BOY
05-11-2005, 02:48 AM
Does she have any sisters?

CarolNYC
05-11-2005, 02:50 AM
If they're THAT big, she can put the cue right between the cleavage and use it as a guide /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gifLMAO!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Oops, Im sorry, I just reread "no jokes"-I would ask a teacher! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
05-11-2005, 04:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> If they're THAT big, she can put the cue right between the cleavage and use it as a guide /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gifLMAO!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Oops, Im sorry, I just reread "no jokes"-I would ask a teacher! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Randy....maybe we should think about incorporating this into the SPFF training. I will head up the research and development if you like!
Steve

randyg
05-11-2005, 05:04 AM
No thanks Steve. I've spent years handling this situtation....SPF-randyg

Vagabond
05-11-2005, 06:28 AM
If u like blue endowments,then follow Carol`s advice.
Didn`t u ask the same question more than a year ago my funny friend?
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rich R.
05-11-2005, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> No thanks Steve. I've spent years handling this situtation....SPF-randyg <hr /></blockquote>
Randy, Steve is a little too eager.
I think you should take this situation into your own hands. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-11-2005, 06:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Didn`t u ask the same question more than a year ago my funny friend?
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>You're right Vagabond! Deja vu like a motherflower!

9 Ball Girl
05-11-2005, 06:46 AM
I remember answering to this post back when it was posted. I can't remember what it was I said but all I can say is that they never get in my way. However, there are certain shots that I get down really low for and the cue will rub against the right one and that's how I know I'm aligned for certain shots where I get down low on. FWIW

But, if it's a real problem for your GF, then I'd have to echo everyone else on here and say that she should get lessons on adjusting her stance.

Fred Agnir
05-11-2005, 07:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote XRIFT:</font><hr> Please don't send jokes back on this....<hr /></blockquote> That's just begging for jokes.

[ QUOTE ]
I've see women play pool great and have huge endowments<hr /></blockquote>I've seen good, but not great pool from large breasted women ... until Karen Corr. Previously, I didn't think it was possible to play great pool and have large breasts.

don't think you can just have her go to an instructor. Seek Karen if you can, or have her watch some videos to see what needs to be done to keep them out of the way. But, Karen's stance may not work for your girlfriend. I

Fred

MosconiJr
05-11-2005, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Previously, I didn't think it was possible to play great pool and have large breasts.
<hr /></blockquote>

What about Buddy Hall?

9 Ball Girl
05-11-2005, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr>What about Buddy Hall? <hr /></blockquote>http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/blackeye/lol.gif

LARRY_BOY
05-11-2005, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I remember answering to this post back when it was posted. I can't remember what it was I said but all I can say is that they never get in my way. However, there are certain shots that I get down really low for and the cue will rub against the right one and that's how I know I'm aligned for certain shots where I get down low on. FWIW

But, if it's a real problem for your GF, then I'd have to echo everyone else on here and say that she should get lessons on adjusting her stance. <hr /></blockquote>

FWIW? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Stretch
05-11-2005, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I remember answering to this post back when it was posted. I can't remember what it was I said but all I can say is that they never get in my way. However, there are certain shots that I get down really low for and the cue will rub against the right one and that's how I know I'm aligned for certain shots where I get down low on. FWIW

But, if it's a real problem for your GF, then I'd have to echo everyone else on here and say that she should get lessons on adjusting her stance. <hr /></blockquote>

FWIW? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Shhhhhh ( it's a secret language ) FYI IMO but WTF. First Time i heared of that one too. St. ~~always the last to know~~

9 Ball Girl
05-11-2005, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> FWIW? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>For What It's Worth

Stretch
05-11-2005, 08:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> FWIW? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>For What It's Worth <hr /></blockquote>

TY /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif St.

CarolNYC
05-11-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will head up the research and development if you like!
<hr /></blockquote>
Hey Steve,
Okay, whos going to be the "blue boob" cleaner????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol~has had blue boob! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-11-2005, 09:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Steve,
Okay, whos going to be the "blue boob" cleaner????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol~has had blue boob! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>Me too! Teehee.

pooltchr
05-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Line up, Ladies...professional boob cleaning is my second occupation! LOL
Steve

SpiderMan
05-11-2005, 10:21 AM
LSMFT!

SpiderMan

Voodoo Daddy
05-11-2005, 10:34 AM
My X wife had that problem, she wore a sports bra to mash 'em down some. Of course I cant tell you how it helped but she said it did!!! Gonna have to take a closer look at that subject in my home room.

LARRY_BOY
05-11-2005, 11:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> FWIW? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>For What It's Worth <hr /></blockquote>

I had it figured that it had something about doing something to women in Wisconsin! Your answer is a lot more p.c. ttfn &lt; /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif(figure that one out)

pooltchr
05-11-2005, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> ttfn &lt; /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif(figure that one out) <hr /></blockquote>

Ta-Ta For Now?????
(hmmmmmmmm thinking about the terminology used in the movie An Officer and A Gentleman)

LARRY_BOY
05-11-2005, 12:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> ttfn &lt; /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif(figure that one out) <hr /></blockquote>

Ta-Ta For Now?????
(hmmmmmmmm thinking about the terminology used in the movie An Officer and A Gentleman) <hr /></blockquote>

Some guys have all the answers! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rackin_Zack
05-11-2005, 12:37 PM
And here I thought it was "Tee Time For Noon"?!

Stretch
05-11-2005, 01:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> ttfn &lt; /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif(figure that one out) <hr /></blockquote>

Ta-Ta For Now?????
(hmmmmmmmm thinking about the terminology used in the movie An Officer and A Gentleman) <hr /></blockquote>

Some guys have all the answers! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Well since we were talking about TA-TA's originaly i'd say we came full circle lol.

9 Ball Girl
05-11-2005, 01:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr>Well since we were talking about TA-TA's originaly i'd say we came full circle lol. <hr /></blockquote>There ya go! LOL

CarolNYC
05-11-2005, 11:55 PM
LMAO-make sure while you approach the first candidate, you get SET ,as you start to clean PAUSE,FINISH neatly and FREEZE! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carol~misses Steve /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
05-12-2005, 04:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> LMAO-make sure while you approach the first candidate, you get SET ,as you start to clean PAUSE,FINISH neatly and FREEZE! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carol~misses Steve /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the tips, Carol. I will try to have the new workshop incorporated into my class next time you find your way down here! I think the 4 step SPFF will be more beneficial in this particular case than the 2 step L&amp;L, but then, if I can develop a 6 step lesson that uses both, I can extend the length of the class a bit longer! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve&lt;----misses Carol as well

XRIFT
05-12-2005, 05:29 AM
Well surprisingly it was a little more helpfull than I thoughtit was going to be... Thanks for the input, and no I haven't posted this one, just met her a few months ago lol...

Nightstalker
05-12-2005, 07:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote XRIFT:</font><hr> Well surprisingly it was a little more helpfull than I thoughtit was going to be... Thanks for the input, and no I haven't posted this one, just met her a few months ago lol... <hr /></blockquote>

Pics? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
05-13-2005, 02:29 AM
Allright Steve,
Me and you can go on forever ,because we blend-so,as a last response ,I will say,
You guys can LocK&amp;load "au natural" LMAO-I need to use the cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~wishes Steve a geat day! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
05-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Love you too, Carol!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve&lt;---proud to call Carol a friend!