PDA

View Full Version : 8-Ball Pool League Format Recommendations-Help!

Candyman
05-10-2005, 06:31 PM
On behalf of the owner I am trying to find some information on how to start an in-house cash league. Any information on handicapping, team size, rules, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Lock

Mavis
05-10-2005, 08:44 PM
I would quit before you start. Not worth the time and effort to provide any fun entertainment for the worthless league playing pool player.

Cane
05-11-2005, 05:14 AM
You might want to contact the BCA about starting a sanctioned BCA league. The website for BCA Leagues can be found on the BCA's website at www.bca-pool.com. (http://www.bca-pool.com.) The leagues system is a seperate entity from the BCA. I've contacted them about setting up a BCA league system in our area and they promptly sent out League Operators Manual, which gives you all the information you need. In any case, go with a sanctioned league of some sort. This will give the league players an oppurtunity to do something outside of the local area. We have traditionally had only a "Bar Association" league here, with no national sanction of any kind. The players in our area are excited about being associated with a league that will make every team eligible to play in Vegas.

Later,
Bob