PDA

View Full Version : Cue-O-Rama

daviddjmp
05-11-2005, 04:25 PM
A couple of buddies and myself got together a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday at the local pool hall and all brought our cues. We assembled them all, put them on a pool table next to us, and began to spend about two hours hitting with all of them. We had cues by the following makers:

Richard Black
Black Boar
Mike Capone
Richard Chudy
Paul Mottey
Dennis Searing
Southwest
Predator

Needless to say, this was the most fun I have had playing pool in a long time. All the cues played great, and my gut feeling is that I could easily get used to playing with any of them given the time. They all had different types of construction, joints of ivory, phenolic, steel, flat-faced, piloted, etc, but each of them played beautifully in their own way. A great time was had by all. Thanks to Mike and John for bringing in those great cues-

hondo
05-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Aw, c'mon. Rate em anyway. That's why you did
this in the 1st place.

hondo
05-12-2005, 12:26 PM
I,ve been comparing the following:
Dale Perry 1/1
Russ Espiritu
Dominiak
Meucci OLD1
Joss
JPechauer
Lucasi
McDermott Sierra
Predator SPWU (Z shaft)
Cuetec
Dale Perry sneaky pete
I mainly play one pocket. So far I like the Dominiak
and the Mcdermott Sierra the best.
Least-Cuetec, Pechauer, DP sneaky pete,and Predator.
My old Meucci, The Espiritu, DP, and Lucasi and Joss
are very good.
I know, everybody's different. Don't trash me on
this post, guys; just tossing my 2 cents in.

daviddjmp
05-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Hondo-

Actually, we didn't do this to rate the cues. I would be very difficult, as they all had unique characteristics. I can give you some impressions if you like:

Although the Mottey had an Ivory joint and a softer hit than the others, I found it grew on me the more I played with it. I generally like a stiffer hit, but the Mottey was kind of addicting in some way.

I liked the Searing a lot and gravitated toward that the most except for the Black Boar. I cannot describe why, I just liked it.

The Black Boar is more like a pool instrument rather than a stick. It seems more precise, harder to control, and the hit was very different than most of the others, the Searing being the closest in my opinion.

Richard Black had a very soft hit, which is not really my preference.

Southwest, Chudy and Capone are all flat faced jointed cues with varying degrees of a stiff hit, in the order listed.
The Capone was the most forward balanced of the three.

Again, we just did this for the fun of it, and we had a great time. I know these impressions are completely subjective and un-scientific, however. Thanks-