PDA

View Full Version : ADDICTION

cheesemouse
05-12-2005, 11:12 AM
I have the day off from working the pro shop of my local golf course, it is cold, windy and raining. My thoughts wander to pool, and why the hell I waste so much time lurking and posting on the these pool message boards. Why do I give a hang about all this back slapping, repetitive questions, clique posters, outing detective storys, self promotions dequised as ligit postings,and the soaps of who's banned for what reasons....I think it's an addiction. Oh, by the way what's the best tip......Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Don't expect anything but the same old sameooooooo in response....... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
05-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Have they ever thought about putting an Internet connection in the PRO shop?
What about a Pool table for those Rainy days? A nice Diamond 9 footer in the Pro Shop for those little sporting guys waiting for the rain to blow over?

Best tip I ever got was to 'stay away from the race track'

cheesemouse
05-12-2005, 12:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Have they ever thought about putting an Internet connection in the PRO shop?
What about a Pool table for those Rainy days? A nice Diamond 9 footer in the Pro Shop for those little sporting guys waiting for the rain to blow over?

Best tip I ever got was to 'stay away from the race track' <hr /></blockquote>

Tom,

The pooltable in the pro shop/19th hole has been a fantacy of mine for years. The golfers mind set trying to play pool would be a license to steel...you would never have to show your pool speed.......god, what a gold mine......zzzzzzzzzz....I just woke up...it was good while it lasted......thanks Tom....

It's still raining...anybody wanta play some 9-ball????....hehehe

Qtec
05-12-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do I give a hang about all this back slapping,............ clique posters, .... self promotions dequised as ligit postings,.......... <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
you must have been on AZ! we dont have that kind of thing here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

SPetty
05-12-2005, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> I think it's an addiction.<hr /></blockquote>I think you're right. There are days I wish I could give it up. I'm just too weak.

wolfdancer
05-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Cheese, it's not as bad as you think......you have only 2016 posts, at about say 10 min a post which works out to only 336 hours, or just 42 working days (8 hr shifts)
And if you read about an hour's worth of this "back slapping, repetitive questions, clique posters, outing detective storys, self promotions dequised as ligit postings,and the soaps of who's banned for what reasons"
for every post that you write....the grand total is less then a working year, a mere 294 working days, spent, enriching your knowledge of this fine sport, learning of the
fables, foils, and follys, of the kindred folks that bare their souls here, whilst debating politics, religion, and origin of species.....

Stretch
05-12-2005, 02:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> I think it's an addiction.<hr /></blockquote>I think you're right. There are days I wish I could give it up. I'm just too weak. <hr /></blockquote>

Me too....i think we should all just sit around here and talk about sex. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif St.

Troy
05-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Don't bet slow horses on a fast track... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr>Oh, by the way what's the best tip.....<hr /></blockquote>

Stretch
05-12-2005, 03:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> Don't bet slow horses on a fast track... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr>Oh, by the way what's the best tip.....<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

Play Golf. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif St.

cheesemouse
05-13-2005, 08:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Cheese, it's not as bad as you think......you have only 2016 posts, at about say 10 min a post which works out to only 336 hours, or just 42 working days (8 hr shifts)
And if you read about an hour's worth of this "back slapping, repetitive questions, clique posters, outing detective storys, self promotions dequised as ligit postings,and the soaps of who's banned for what reasons"
for every post that you write....the grand total is less then a working year, a mere 294 working days, spent, enriching your knowledge of this fine sport, learning of the
fables, foils, and follys, of the kindred folks that bare their souls here, whilst debating politics, religion, and origin of species..... <hr /></blockquote>

Wolf,

I wish you wouldn't have done that math...now I really feel had...image if I had been hitting p/balls all that time......geezzzzzzzzzzuuuuuussssssss /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mavis
05-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Who is Teacherman? Why did he get the axe? Why does everyone care?

What kind of tip do you use?

What is your handicap?

How do you draw you ball?

Can you gamble in Boston?

Etc Etc Etc

Boring [censored].