PDA

View Full Version : The FDNY Burn Center Plaque

CarolNYC
05-12-2005, 03:54 PM
FDNY Plaque (http://tinypic.com/52ct93)

The NYFFBC Foundation contacted me telling me they were making up plaques to give to us players who held the Burn Center Charity in February -From the WPBA-myself,Dawn Hopkins,Tiffany Nelson,Kim Shaw,Romana Dokovic,Karen Armstrong) and (Tony Robles&Allen Hopkins)-also donations from (Jennifer Baretta,Jeanette Lee and Karen Corr)-I told them it was not necessary,but they insisted-well, when you here "plaques" you assume a plaque-these are 26 inches high and 15 1/2 inches wide-4 were made (at my request)one for-The "WPBA" "Tony ROBLES" Allen HOPKINS" and "HOUSE OF BILLIARDS"
I would like to thank ALL of you who have donated monies-WOLFDANCER and any others ,because, since February, the pool hall is still receiving checks for the burn center!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
And I just wanted to share what the so-called "FDNY PLAQUE" looked like-I think its awesome!
Thank you ,also,to Mike (cueball) and Blackheart (Jerry Eick)
Stay well!
Carol~ overwhelmed /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Great job Carol! It's nice to see your efforts appreciated. So many times charities take these fund raisers for granted. Hopefully this will be an annual event, and become more successful.

Duane

9 Ball Girl
05-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Carol, that's a beautiful plaque! I'm so sorry I missed the event but I PROMISE that I will make the next one. There will be another one, yes?

Barbara
05-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Carol,

Congrats on the whole event!! It was a HUGE success!!

And I'm your TD Next time!!

Barbara

wolfdancer
05-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Carol, that's a great looking plaque!!!...Congratulations to you,the WPA org...and everyone out there on the east coast, for getting involved, getting behind a worthwhile cause.
Hope you can make it an annual affair.
I have a small suggestion....if we can get some pledges from folks here, $1 a week saved until the next "drive", and we'll make it, one decent donation...in memory of our friend, Dave Syrja....

landshark77
05-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Wow carol..that is awesome. I hope too that I can make the next one...I do have a request though...Can you try not to schedule it during a snow storm or other bad weather?

CarolNYC
05-13-2005, 02:09 AM
Thanks Duane,
[ QUOTE ]
take these fund raisers for granted.
<hr /></blockquote>
I've never organized a fundraiser, but an unusual thing happened-a handful of local people asked me "what did you make out of this"-that pissed me off BIGTIME- Well,if looks could kill, they'd be dead ,because as far as Im concerned, charity means "to give" and anybody who pockets money from a CHARITY needs help-and NOBODY,not one single person made a dime,except the burn center-every cent went to the burn center ,$10,000+ and still counting and I know 14 kids, this summer, will be going to burn camp to be children again /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifalong with monies to the skin graft research! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy,
Yes, there'll be another and Im hoping you'll be there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif-you'd be the perfect person to walk around holding up score sheets-dress to impress,girl /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Landshark,
[ QUOTE ]
Can you try not to schedule it during a snow storm or other bad
<hr /></blockquote>
Its already in the makings-were tenting off the whole parking lot-barbecue,kegs of beer and bar outside,pool inside! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barb.
TD you are-God knows I needed you!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifNostalgia said it best "controlled chaos!" LMAO

Wolfdancer,
Thank you!

Carol~Virginia,Maryland,N.&amp; S. Carolina,Georgia,Texas and all others, Thank you-and anyone who does not receive a letter of recognition, please let me know!
Take care all! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-13-2005, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> local people asked me "what did you make out of this"-<hr /></blockquote>Some people. Sheesh.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>Wendy,
Yes, there'll be another and Im hoping you'll be there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif-you'd be the perfect person to walk around holding up score sheets-dress to impress,girl /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif<hr /></blockquote>Whatever you'd need me to do, I'll do it! Just provide cute firemen. I'm on the market again! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-13-2005, 04:17 PM
On the market again? What about nAz? You two looked good together at VF?

DG

Stretch
05-13-2005, 05:55 PM
That's fantastic Toots! I don't think anyone but you could have pulled it off. When do you rest girl? lol St.

CarolNYC
05-14-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some people. Sheesh. <hr /></blockquote>
Im with you! Unbelievable!

[ QUOTE ]
Just provide cute firemen. I'm on the market again <hr /></blockquote>
Uh-oh,there'll definitely be cute firemen alright and I will definitely tell them leave the "hoses" on the truck!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever you'd need me to do, I'll do it <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Wendy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
05-14-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's fantastic Toots <hr /></blockquote>
Stretch,
You always make me smile /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
When do you rest girl <hr /></blockquote>
Early mornings when I respond on here /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Miss ya Stretch! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Carol

Nostalgia
05-14-2005, 05:02 AM
That plaque is beau-tee-full! I'm so glad I could be a part of the benefit. Everybody won that day.

Be sure to let us know about the next one!

-Joe

9 Ball Girl
05-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I do make nAz look good when he's next to me, but alas, we've been there and done that and friends is the way to go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cueball1950
05-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Carol,,,my sweetheart,,,always a pleasure to help a friend when needed. Please just let me know about next years and i will be glad to help out,, hugs baby,,hugs...gotta live for one of carols hugs........................mike