PDA

View Full Version : Million Dollar Baby-Just saw it

Nostroke
05-12-2005, 04:07 PM
For anyone who has seen it- How long will i feel like this?

Barbara
05-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Okay Dave, so what you're saying is I should convince my hubby to go to this movie for his BD coming up soon? Or is it just for Jennifer?

{pre-post script, we don't go to movies because Pete's too tall to sit comfortably in most movie theaters, but we did manage to sit through the last Harry Potter movie.}

Barbara

Nostroke
05-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Barbara-I really can't recommend it to anyone-It's pretty exhilarating for an hour-then devastatingly sad for the last 20 minutes-Too sad. If i get over it by tomorrow, maybe ill change my mind. Ill let you know.

Barbara
05-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Okay Dave, I'm sending you a HUG in the meantime!

Barbara~~~see you at Comet in June?

Fran Crimi
05-13-2005, 07:35 AM
Nostroke, my friend is a real movie buff and she won't go see it because she said she knows people who were bummed out for days after they saw it. I think I'll skip this one myself.

Fran

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> For anyone who has seen it- How long will i feel like this? <hr /></blockquote>

Cueless Joey
05-13-2005, 08:05 AM
The movie is right up there with Revenge ( Costner and Madeline Stowe flick ) and Thelma and Louise imo.
Still a great flick though. Eastwood and Freeman bantering was priceless.
Now, the Champ with Ricky Schroeder and Jon Voigt. That one had me bawling. Of course, I was only a kid when I saw it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MosconiJr
05-13-2005, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Now, the Champ with Ricky Schroeder and Jon Voigt. That one had me bawling. Of course, I was only a kid when I saw it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Any time I see Ricky Schroeder act it makes me cry /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I mean, did you see him acting like a pool hustler in PHJ?

MosconiJr

Cueless Joey
05-13-2005, 03:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Now, the Champ with Ricky Schroeder and Jon Voigt. That one had me bawling. Of course, I was only a kid when I saw it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Any time I see Ricky Schroeder act it makes me cry /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I mean, did you see him acting like a pool hustler in PHJ?

MosconiJr <hr /></blockquote>
He had one mean graphite cue and a meaner follow-through?
Talk about dropping your elbow. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nostroke
05-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Barb-Ill Definitely be there and i will try to get Capow there too. Ka-Ching is probably lost cause.

Im over the movie too but thats just the way i am. Even in pool, i get way too upset after a loss but 20 minutes later, Im back to (ab)normal. In this case it lasted a bit longer but still I do not reccommend this movie.

I didnt find Thelma and Louise in the ballpark with this flick depression wise.

Scott Lee
05-14-2005, 09:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Now, the Champ with Ricky Schroeder and Jon Voigt. That one had me bawling. Of course, I was only a kid when I saw it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Geez Joey...What were ya, three? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott ~ the OLD guy! LOL

Scott Lee
05-14-2005, 09:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> Any time I see Ricky Schroeder act it makes me cry /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I mean, did you see him acting like a pool hustler in PHJ?

MosconiJr <hr /></blockquote>

MosconiJr...AMEN! Rick Schroeder couldn't pass for ANY poolplayer, let alone "one the top pros in the country"!
Nobody in that movie, including the lead character, even LOOKED like a real poolplayer. Terrible bridges, terrible strokes...just plain terrible! LOL But, heck, it IS a pool movie, so I've seen it a dozen times! LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee

Cueless Joey
05-15-2005, 09:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Now, the Champ with Ricky Schroeder and Jon Voigt. That one had me bawling. Of course, I was only a kid when I saw it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Geez Joey...What were ya, three? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott ~ the OLD guy! LOL <hr /></blockquote>
I saw it on Betamax. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MosconiJr
05-16-2005, 07:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr>
MosconiJr...But, heck, it IS a pool movie, so I've seen it a dozen times! LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Me too /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif