PDA

View Full Version : Who makes those balls

tjlmbklr
05-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Can anyone answer this Question, who makes the Billiard balls that are diplayed next to Loree Jon Jones on the cover of the April '05 issue of BD, I have searched the net for hours trying to find who makes them and the and what they are called.

Scott Lee
05-13-2005, 08:54 PM
tjlmbklr...Instead of spending "hours on the Internet", why not just make a quick phone call to Billiards Digest? They could tell you what you want to know in five minutes! This is right off the contents page of the mag:

Luby Publishing
312-341-1110

Scott Lee

MacGyver
05-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Heh, I agree.

Far too often in this post-internet world do we overcomplicate matters that could be taken care quiet easily with a phone call(free long distance with our personal cell phones too).

Popcorn
05-14-2005, 12:59 AM
Concidering the time of his post, being a weekend and this being the Billiard Digest web site, it would seem logical for him to have his question answered here.

SPetty
05-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Is there a picture of that cover on line anywhere? Can you describe the balls?

tjlmbklr
05-14-2005, 03:08 PM
I tried e-mailing them twice. I was going to go for a unknown number of consecutive times, when I notice this forum, thought I try it. And in the mean time maybe talk to some pool fanatics like myself.

Popcorn
05-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Scan the cover and post it.

tjlmbklr
05-14-2005, 09:18 PM

tjlmbklr
05-14-2005, 09:48 PM
http://www.msnusers.com/poolpictures/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1

tjlmbklr
05-14-2005, 09:51 PM
sorry this is the only way I know how to give the picture. I do not know how to have it appear on the post!

Pizza Bob
05-15-2005, 05:55 AM
Try this link:

http://www.vigma.com/product_bill_frame.html?product_b1601-s.html

(their entire line is down the right side - you can scroll and click for details). Similar sets if not the same.

HTH

Adios,

Pizza Bob

tjlmbklr
05-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Those are very close, matter of fact if I cannot find the ones I am looking for I might have to settle for these, I like the black in the centers. Thank you for your reply

Leviathan
05-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Hello, TJ: I think the photographer may have stuck black circles with white numbers on the balls to get the sharp contrast he wanted. (It looks like the number 4 isn't quite centered on its black background.) Good luck with your quest!--AS

tjlmbklr
05-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Interesting analgoy, I think that the are as they appear though. If you look close there is a black ring around the green stripe of the 14 ball, which would match the black theme of the rest of the balls. Thank you for your reply, and yes it has become a quest, unfortionately billiards is not as popular in WI as in many other states. I ask dealers, at what store's we have, and they have no answer. I will try calling BD tommorrow for an answer.

Scott Lee
05-15-2005, 09:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> unfortionately billiards is not as popular in WI as in many other states. <hr /></blockquote>

?????? Hello? Are you aware that there are more cue companies in WI, than any other state? Go back 30 years, and almost ALL cues were made in WI. McDermott, Viking, Huebler, Sailor, Schon, and at least a dozen others...
I'd say pool is pretty darn popular in WI! LOL

However, I understand what you mean, when talking about trying to find a specific product. That's not just WI...that happens everywhere. Thank goodness for the Internet! Call BD tomorrow, and they can tell you where to find those balls you like!

Scott Lee

Brad
05-16-2005, 07:23 AM
As was said, many cue sticks are made in Wisconsin, in addition to the ones mentioned. But, Milwaukee is also host to the largest manufacturer of leather pool table pockets in the world. "Hood Leather Goods"

Billy
05-16-2005, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> Can anyone answer this Question, who makes the Billiard balls that are diplayed next to Loree Jon Jones on the cover of the April '05 issue of BD, I have searched the net for hours trying to find who makes them and the and what they are called. <hr /></blockquote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=36102&amp;item=7155982 031&amp;rd=1&amp;ssPageName=WDVW

these are close?

jmo

tjlmbklr
05-16-2005, 03:36 PM
close, but those aren't them, in my long search I ran across these same ones. They are a limited addition Meucci no longer made. Thank you anyway.

tjlmbklr
05-16-2005, 03:42 PM
i am aware of the many manufacturers of cues But what I mean is with my job I travel and every time I open a phone and go to billiards I find pool rooms up the wazzo. only two good ones within 30 mile radius were I am from. Besides McDermott and Viking are not top quality in my opinion I love the look of them but not the quality of some things.

tjlmbklr
06-18-2005, 07:11 AM
I wanted to let any know that wer interested that I found out were to get those balls. After a winded search and eventually going to Loree Jon Jones official site, I got my answer. They are a limited addition set with autographs of several pros on the box. And get this you ready for the price....$750.00, no thanks not for something getting knock around my table. Besides their were only 2 sets left at the time. Sorry I lost the number if anyone was interested. http://www.avataravenue.com/account/tjlmbklr/poolballs.jpg

Fred Agnir
06-18-2005, 08:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> They are a limited addiction set ...And get this you ready for the price....$750.00, <hr /></blockquote>
For that price, it better be a limited addiction.

Fred

tjlmbklr
06-18-2005, 01:05 PM
I believe they were.

obrien714
06-18-2005, 02:04 PM
i HAVE A SET OF THOSE BALLS. Back in the mid 90's Meucci put out 2 different sets of these. One was a lower end line and the price was like 80 bucks. The other set was the pro model and was supposed to retail for like 175. I saw them at the BCA trade show in orlando in like 1998. I oerdered the pro set because they looked neat. The girl that took my order had no clue what she was doing and charged me 80 for the better set. The balls look great but are really crappy. I used them one time and they nicked easily. The cue ball was interesting. It had a black line atound it with meucci written in it. The cue ball was very heavy and was hard to draw. The finish was weird also. I put them on my shelf and there they sit. I wonder what a set would fetch these days. Meucci was advertising these balls as to be superior to centenials and super aramith. But as any meucci product. They belong in the trash next to their cues. And i know all of you whip stick masters out there are gonna flame me. Fantastic i say. To bad they were crappy and didnt make it because they do look neat. The box is really neat also. it has all the Meucci player reps on it in individual pictures, A great item for show. Efferen ws on there, Buddy hall, Tommy kenedy, Howard vikory, and a few others. I could be wrong i am jst going by memory, Dont have the box in front of me.

Great looking Pool balls. Sucky on the table though .

pat