PDA

View Full Version : Where in the world is Wally?

Barbara
05-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Does anyone know why Wally has been absent from the boards for a while?

Barbara

SnakebyteXX
05-15-2005, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Does anyone know why Wally has been absent from the boards for a while?

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

And SecaucusFats?

Barbara
05-15-2005, 08:34 AM
I believe SF got booted off this board for some inappropriate comments.

I can't believe Wally suffered the same fate.

Barbara

Stretch
05-15-2005, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Does anyone know why Wally has been absent from the boards for a while?

Damn Barbara, you read my mind! I've been wondering the same thing myself. We might have to put out an APB on the big guy. St.

Barbara
05-15-2005, 09:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> Damn Barbara, you read my mind! I've been wondering the same thing myself. We might have to put out an APB on the big guy. St. <hr /></blockquote>

I was thinking about him a couple days ago, but SPetty reminded me again this morning.

He hasn't posted in like 11 days.

Barbara

PQQLK9
05-15-2005, 09:16 AM
i have been wondering about Wally myself but there has been several Elvis specials on the tube lately /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I hope he has not been abducted by some unfriendly Democrats. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As far as Fats is concerned ... c'mon back under another alias as others do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And while we are here ... where is Ross?

cueball1950
05-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Probably hanging out over at AZ................mike

landshark77
05-15-2005, 07:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Probably hanging out over at AZ................mike <hr /></blockquote>

Nope he has been MIA over there too.

Didn't he delete his signature to spend more time with his family?? Maybe that wasn't enough time and he needed to delete more?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-17-2005, 07:51 AM
internet connection went down

dad died

house got broke into yesterday

there's more but it's a long story

Barbara
05-17-2005, 07:54 AM
Wally,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.

My condolences to you and your family.

And I'm sorry to hear about the break-in, too. I hope they catch the thief.

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
05-17-2005, 08:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> And I'm sorry to hear about the break-in, too. I hope they catch the thief.

<font color="blue">What really pisses me off is I am pretty sure I know who it was (proving it would be a miracle) and it was somebody I tried to help earlier in the year (ex step-daughter). Apparently drug addiction is a powerful motivator for theft. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Wally,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.

My condolences to you and your family.

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Thanks. My dad had a long full life and we knew it was coming and that made it easier. </font color>

Carlos F. Phillips Sr. of Fairfield Township, age 80, passed away at his residence on Thursday May 5, 2005 after a short battle with lung cancer. To family and friends Carlos was known affectionately as “Toad”, a nickname he acquired early in life. He was born near Livingston KY on March 5, 1925, the son of Charles Wally Phillips and Isabelle Drew Phillips and was raised on the family farm. Carlos enlisted in the Navy in 1943 and served until 1946. While in the Navy he received the Victory Medal, the American Area Campaign Medal, the Europe Africa Middle Eastern Medal, and the Asiatic Pacific Area Campaign Medal. He was a member of the American Legion Post 0138 and the VFW Post 1069 and was also a Kentucky Colonel. His favorite pastimes were gardening, fishing, and spending time with his family.

On June 5, 1948 he was married to Ruby Raines in Eglon KY. In 1957 he and his family moved to Hamilton OH. He worked as a brakeman for the CSX Railroad (formerly the B &amp; O Railroad) from 1955 until his retirement in 1986.

He is survived by his wife Ruby Phillips of Fairfield Township, one brother Clyde "Butch" (Anita) Phillips of Madison TN, one daughter Donna (Tom) White of Fairfield Township, two sons Carlos "Fred" (Bonnie) Phillips Jr. and Wallace (Kathy) Phillips, both of Hamilton, one grandson Christopher Phillips and a number of nieces and nephews and dear friends. He was also blessed to have known his son-in-law Tom White's 2 children Tammy (Danny) Davidson and Alberta (Jimmy) Lakes and Tom's 6 grandchildren, who he loved dearly.
He was preceded in death by his parents and 5 brothers Thaddeus McCoy, Charles, John Earl, Clint, and Sherman.

Funeral services will be conducted at 10:00 a.m. Monday May 9 at Zettler Funeral Home, 2646 Pleasant Ave, Hamilton with Rev. Ernest Benge of the Eaton Road Full Gospel Church officiating with burial at Rose Hill Burial Park to follow. Visitation will be from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Family and friends will gather afterwards to celebrate his life. Special thanks go to Vitas Hospice for their kind and gentle care.
Memorials may be made to Vitas Hospice or the VFW.

<font color="blue">The DAV and VFW gave him a military send-off with "Taps". What a mournful sound that was. But beautiful as well. </font color>

PQQLK9
05-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Glad you are back Dude. My sincere thoughts for the lost of your Dad. (I lost my Dad 5 years ago at the age of 80 also (he also was a Navy Vet).

Sorry to hear of the break-in. Call me if you need back-up.

I'm just another Elvis fan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
05-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Wally, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, especially the loss of your Dad.

LARRY_BOY
05-17-2005, 08:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> I believe SF got booted off this board for some inappropriate comments.

I have had post deleted in recent times with no inappropriate comments of any kind.....maybe "they" need to rename this forum The world MY way! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Stretch
05-17-2005, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> I believe SF got booted off this board for some inappropriate comments.

I have had post deleted in recent times with no inappropriate comments of any kind.....maybe "they" need to rename this forum The world MY way! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Wally! Sorry about your recent troubles and the lose of your Dad. Sounds like he had a full rich life and an awsome send off. Things do get better ya know, i'm here to tell ya lol. Thanks for droping in and catchin me up. These days, you never know what's gonna happen to anyone, you know what i mean? It's not been a great year imo. St.

Gayle in MD
05-17-2005, 10:21 AM
My deepest sympathy to you in the loss of your Dad, Wally. I had been wondering where you were. So sorry about the break in, that's awful.

Jim's Mom's family is from KY, and his uncle, Robert Kappes, also worked with the RR all his life. My Dad also enlisted in the Navy, 1944, and I have his medals and ribbons, those mentioned, and some others. Glad that your Dad had such a long and full life. I know you'll miss him.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman2
05-17-2005, 11:12 AM
All my best wishes, Wally. Glad to have you back.

Deeman

rukiddingme
05-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Wally,
My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your dad.
ruk

Leviathan
05-17-2005, 12:29 PM
My best regards, Wally.

--Alan Salmon

Wally_in_Cincy
05-17-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm such a dullard. I just now got the signifigance if "Where in the World is Wally" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Thanks you guys for the kind wishes. If you have time say a short prayer for my mom. It's been tough on her. I also got a call from my CCB sister and 9-ball sparring partner SPetty directly from Sin City. That was nice.

take care now.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-17-2005, 01:35 PM
I had nothing to do with that call Waldo....

Great seeing you back on-line.... missed ya

Wally_in_Cincy
05-17-2005, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I had nothing to do with that call Waldo....

Great seeing you back on-line.... missed ya <hr /></blockquote>

thanks Tom

if my connection goes down again you guys can play "where's waldo?"

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooljunkie73
05-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, Wally. You have my condolinces.

Kent

9 Ball Girl
05-17-2005, 05:29 PM
My condolences, Wally.

nAz
05-17-2005, 10:10 PM
ah Wally i am so sorry to hear about your loss. your old man sure had a long life with a good familly... what else does one need. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
05-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Wally...Well, truthfully, you probably SAW "Where in the world is WALDO", a popular children's book series! LOL
So, you're excused! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father. My own Dad is approaching 90, and in a nursing home with Alzheimers...and no longer even knows me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Soon enough I will be facing the same thing as you.

Wow, if that wasn't enough, your house got robbed too? Geez. True story that drugs are perhaps the strongest motivator for people to become thieves and robbers. Quite sad that it was likely someone connected to your family.
Knowing that you tried to help her has got to hurt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Best wishes to you and yours!

Scott

Wally_in_Cincy
05-18-2005, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> ...My own Dad is approaching 90, and in a nursing home with Alzheimers...and no longer even knows me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

I'm sorry to hear that Scott. In a case like that you want to visit him but it is so painful you don't want to.

My dad lost his voice 3 months ago, went to the lung doctor and they found the tumor. So he did not really suffer. Actually 2 days before he died he ate a big meal of Kathy's meat loaf and mashed potatoes. But he had enough time to get his affairs in order.

Not to make light of Alzheimer's but did you hear about the guy from Delaware? He had mild Alzheimers. He got in his car Sunday to get a haircut, got on US 50, and drove 600 miles on US 50 and ended up at a BP station in Cleves Ohio, just west of Cincy, and asked for directions.

His family is coming to get him today.

AmazingBrewdini
05-18-2005, 06:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> As far as Fats is concerned ... c'mon back under another alias as others do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

My amazing psychic powers tell me that the Fat Man is here amongst us! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AmazingBrewdini
05-18-2005, 06:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> internet connection went down

dad died

house got broke into yesterday

there's more but it's a long story
<hr /></blockquote>

Wally,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences go out to you.

I am also sorry to hear of your other problems. Have faith and hang in there, things will get better.