PDA

View Full Version : How to Fix Stacked Leather Wrap

Regulator
05-15-2005, 07:33 PM
I just received a new custom cue from a known cue maker. The cue and wood finish are fantastic.

The Stacked Leather Wrap is not perfect. The ends don't "tail out" perfectly, so there are gaps next to the rings. One end isn't that noticeable. The other is very visible. See attached.

Is there a material I can use to fill this ??

It's not bad enough for me to send it back, but I find myself staring at it a lot.

Thanks.

http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/attachment.php?attachmentid=6198

PQQLK9
05-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Ugh, thats ugly, I would send it back. I have a Stack Wrap on one of my cues (production) and its perfect. Good Luck.

sneakypapi
05-15-2005, 08:48 PM
From what I understand about stack leather wraps is they are difficult to install and to get them to look right. It looks like there is a piece missing from the end of the wrap to the ringwork. Most likely it would have to be done again, but I am not an expert. I do know that installing a stack wrap from Tiger is about $150, not cheap.

catscradle
05-16-2005, 03:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Regulator:</font><hr> I just received a new custom cue from a known cue maker. The cue and wood finish are fantastic.

The Stacked Leather Wrap is not perfect. The ends don't "tail out" perfectly, so there are gaps next to the rings. One end isn't that noticeable. The other is very visible. See attached.

Is there a material I can use to fill this ??

It's not bad enough for me to send it back, but I find myself staring at it a lot.

Thanks.

<hr /></blockquote>
I'd say it should be done correctly since it is a new cue and wrap. However, I think it would be best replaced with a regular leather wrap. I had one Stack Wrap once done by Tiger and it had the same problem, I had it replaced with leather and wrote it off to a lesson learned.