PDA

View Full Version : pool hall tables

Drop1
05-16-2005, 08:03 PM
I live in Guadalajara Mexico,and have been looking at some of the older commercial table,that are for sale,because the place is closing. Most tables are simi pro 8'x4'. I can pick them up for about $350 U.S.,or I can have one custom made for $3000 U.S.,with no guarantee on the tropical wood moisture content,or I can go to the states and bring a table back. Freight is really expensive. I could use some advice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cueball1950
05-16-2005, 08:23 PM
good post and welcome to the board... i would try to make it to 1 of the bigger name tournaments like the U.S.Open in September. There you can buy 1 of the tables used for the open. they are Diamond tables and in my opinion are the best out there. if you can afford it that is the way i would go.....................................mike

Drop1
05-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Mike,Do you have an idea of what those tables sell for?
Steve

Scott Lee
05-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Steve...They do not sell for significantly less than you can buy one brand new from the factory...(used in tournament for a week: $3500; brand new from Diamond: $4000+). Either way, you'd have to drive several thousand miles to pick it up and cart it back home...and with gas what it is now, it would likely be cheaper to have it shipped from Virginia (U.S. Open), or Indiana (Diamond's factory), to Mexico. Unless you have tons of money, I'd go with the 8 foot tables that you know about. Since you have played on them, you must have an idea of how sturdy a table they are. I presume these are slate tables? If so, you could replace the cloth and cushions for about the same as you'll pay for the table, giving you a nice pretty much 'new' table for about $800 US...or you can invest 6-7 times that much, and get yourself a 9' Diamond. Your choice...

Scott Lee

Cueless Joey
05-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Jeesh, Guadalajara is a long ways from California.
But, it might worth a try to call Olhausen and see how much they charge for their commercial tables. They're in San Diego. I think you can get the Championship tables for less than 3K.

ceebee
05-18-2005, 08:14 AM
I left you a private message. Good Luck in your search for a good Pool Table.