PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Vegas!

SPetty
05-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Got here yesterday afternoon. Rough landing due to a lot of wind. Got a great room in the Monte Carlo tower at the Riv. (Spiderman, there's two beds here - if you fly in for that free Rio buffet dinner Wednesday, you can stay here overnight /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) Got here, checked in, unpacked (airport security had really done a number on my luggage!) and headed downstairs.

Within two minutes of getting downstairs, Rip found me. Within another two minutes, he had me shooting a double shot of Cuervo Gold tequila!!! He had found a vendor selling unique leather covered shot glasses, and if you buy the shot glass, they fill it with tequila for you! By the end of the evening, we had drained that bottle, with the guy writing "SPetty's Bottle" on the empty! I've got eight of those leather covered shot glasses on display in my bathroom here! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif (Then they replaced the Cuervo with Sauza /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

I had almost forgotten how much fun this place is! I got to watch a few good matches - watched Tony Chohan whip Earl Strickland. I was front and center for the Gerda and Jasmine match. Saw Vivian win, saw Allison struggle with that player that beat Carol Clark. Saw Ewa beat Julie Kelly. Saw Sandor Tot and Johnny Archer. Had to leave early to hit the sack - this time difference (and a little tequila?) really makes you tired!

Looking forward to several more days! Wish you were here.

PQQLK9
05-17-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm jealous and wish I was there. Rip is allways the perfect host. My wife and daughter are at Caesars all week (business) and my daughter who just turned 21 is getting her introduction to Sin City (she had to show ID /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif). Anyway SPetty, as I told my daughter "stay off the Stratosphere Rides" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman2
05-17-2005, 10:40 AM
Spetty,

Have one for all of us left behind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I hope you enjoy yourself (how could you not!) and get your fix of good pool for a while.

Have a blast...and keep the reports coming...

Deeman

landshark77
05-17-2005, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> and keep the reports coming...

<hr /></blockquote>

Please....if you find the time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-17-2005, 04:02 PM
SPetty,
Sounds like you started the trip on the right foot. Have fun and think of us poor people who are working.LOL Hope you have a good trip.

Duane

Tom_In_Cincy
05-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Very funny...

It was Tony Crosby of the Florida state, that whooped up on little ole Earl.. 11-3

Tony Chohan is from Sacramento and is currently 'on the road'

SPetty, enjoys all the action in the 24x7 atmosphere

Wish I was there.... Sept is a long way off...

SPetty
05-17-2005, 06:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> - watched Tony Chohan whip Earl Strickland. <hr /></blockquote>Crosby - Tony Crosby. (Surely the tequila had nothing to do with that mistake... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Tony Crosby was beaten today by none other than Sandor Tot.

SPetty
05-17-2005, 06:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Rip is always the perfect host. ... Anyway SPetty, as I told my daughter "stay off the Stratosphere Rides" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>Rip is quite possibly one of the funniest people I've ever met. He spends his time trying to make me disrupt the entire arena with howls of laughter. He's had me in laughing tears stifling the howls each day so far.

The Stratosphere is right outside my window! I haven't seen that new ride working yet - probably because I'm not in my room much. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry I don't have enough to report today. CarolNYC lost her match to Ms. Ishumodo (?). My (imaginary) buddy Gabe lost a tough match to Corey Deuel. Rip and I were front and center for Danny Basovich whopping Aaron Aragon. Steve Lipsky lopsidedly beat his opponent this afternoon.

I should really take notes, eh?

As CarolNYC's match was starting, I asked ras314 if he had met her, thinking that I could do my "duty" and introduce a couple of CCBers. He said he had, but he didn't think she remembered him. (Anyone who has met ras314 can attest to the idea that he's pretty much unique in appearance...) Anyway, I asked where he met her and he responded that he met her in Albuquerque at the WPBA US Open, adding in his smart-ass way, "you know, that open that's not really open that you can't play in."!!! Funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well, Rip's said he'll take me to the famous Las Vegas Cue Club tonight. See ya!

Drop1
05-17-2005, 07:07 PM
You gotta spit that Cuervo Gold out,and try some "Patron" That stuff is so good,I can't get it in Mexico.It all goes out to other countries. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Great to read your observations.
Steve

Barbara
05-17-2005, 08:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> You gotta spit that Cuervo Gold out,and try some "Patron" That stuff is so good,I can't get it in Mexico.It all goes out to other countries. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Great to read your observations.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, I'll put Cabo Wabo over Patron ANYTIME! I turned SPetty onto Cabo at the Open last year. GREAT STUFF!!

Barbara

Barbara
05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Okay, I have to admit. I'm feeling a little left out and you hob-knobbing it out there with Rip.

HAVE FUN!!!

Barbara

Voodoo Daddy
05-17-2005, 08:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Tony Crosby was beaten today by none other than Sandor Tot. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">TOT !!! HE IS THE MAN !!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Tom_In_Cincy
05-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Sandor and Earl (http://http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/showpicture.cfm?eventnum=12&amp;photographernum=1&amp;picn um=439)

Smiling at the 2002 US Open.

Sandor... Sandor... (where is Kato?)

JohnnyP
05-18-2005, 02:58 AM
Fixed link:

Sandor and Earl (http://azbilliards.com/gallery/showpicture.cfm?eventnum=12&amp;photographernum=1&amp;picn um=439)

ceebee
05-18-2005, 08:07 AM
I was fortunate enough to meet Sandor Tot in Nashville, at the WPC 2002 JOB Tournament. He's a great guy, well liked &amp; plays very well. He will have a good future in the game of Pocket Billiards.

Drop1
05-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Pues,para mi gusto Patron es mejor.Vivo en Guadalajara,y voy a tratar Cabo Wabo otra vez a ver: tal vez tienes razon.

9 Ball Girl
05-19-2005, 06:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Pues,para mi gusto Patron es mejor.Vivo en Guadalajara,y voy a tratar Cabo Wabo otra vez a ver: tal vez tienes razon. <hr /></blockquote>Mejor me chupo una agua salvaje. No soy una entusiasta de la tequila, pero si la trate cuando yo fui a Mexico.

Rich R.
05-19-2005, 06:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Pues,para mi gusto Patron es mejor.Vivo en Guadalajara,y voy a tratar Cabo Wabo otra vez a ver: tal vez tienes razon. <hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Mejor me chupo una agua salvaje. No soy una entusiasta de la tequila, pero si la trate cuando yo fui a Mexico. <hr /></blockquote>
Huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

landshark77
05-19-2005, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Exactly...isn't English the official language of the CCB???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-19-2005, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Pues,para mi gusto Patron es mejor.Vivo en Guadalajara,y voy a tratar Cabo Wabo otra vez a ver: tal vez tienes razon. <hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Mejor me chupo una agua salvaje. No soy una entusiasta de la tequila, pero si la trate cuando yo fui a Mexico. <hr /></blockquote>
Huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>Allow me to translate:

Drop 1 said:

Well, for my taste Patron is better. I live in Guadalajara and I will try Cabo Wabo again to see. Maybe you have reason. i.e. maybe you're right

I said (I used Mexican lingo for my first sentence):

I'd rather drink beer. I'm not a tequila enthusiast but I have tried it when I went to Mexico.

And to Landshark77 I say:

LOL, English is the unofficial official language of the CCB.

Rich R.
05-19-2005, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>English is the unofficial official language of the CCB. <hr /></blockquote>
From those of us, who have trouble with English and have no second language, we thank you for the translation.

landshark77
05-19-2005, 08:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'd rather drink beer.

<hr /></blockquote>

Isn't beer (I'll mess up the spelling) cervesa???

9 Ball Girl
05-19-2005, 11:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>Isn't beer (I'll mess up the spelling) cervesa??? <hr /></blockquote>It's spelled cerveza. Yes, cerveza is beer but like I said, I was using Mexican slang. The translation for "agua salvaje" is "wild water". I could've used other names but that one is one of my favorites.

Scott Lee
05-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Herradura, Herradura!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

SPetty
05-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Um, easing on back to topic...

The Steve Lipsky/Max Eberle match was a nail biter. I think Steve is my new hero. I missed his last match.

Since I was all dressed up with no place to go yesterday morning after learning that my team's first "TBA" match turned into a "Bye", ras314 took me to the cue club yesterday morning where we played a little pool. So now I can be like all the cool kids and say I've played pool at the Las Vegas Cue Club! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Speaking of ras314 - he bought a raffle ticket and won a very nice Jack Justis leather cue case valued at more than $400!!! He was beaming as only he can do... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I finally met up with Eric &amp; Company. Turns out his cell phone number is the same as it was when he gave it to me two years ago! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Fred Agnir is playing on a team this year, and I happened to bump into Eric on his way to Fred's team's first match, so I followed him and got to say Howdy to Fred.

Haven't seen Carol since her last match, but Eric saw her at the slot machines!

I missed dinner at the seafood buffet at the Rio because it conflicted with our first match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So our team's first match - we were ready and thought we were hot stuff! We had a nice cheering section and we came out strong and won the match 10-3. Our second match was an hour later, and the team we were playing against had a big cheering section and thought they were hot stuff - they came out strong and beat us 10-3. I think there was a definite issue with the time zones coming into play, though. It was almost midnight Dallas time when the match started, while the team we played against was from California, so we were in their time zone. Anyway, our next match isn't until tomorrow, so I slept as late as I could this morning!

I have a red dot on my eyeball!

Barbara
05-19-2005, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Speaking of ras314 - he bought a raffle ticket and won a very nice Jack Justis leather cue case valued at more than $400!!! He was beaming as only he can do... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Congrats to RAS! Now you know with a fancy case like that we expect him to play 3-4 balls better! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Gayle in MD
05-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Good luck kiddo,

Leave some juice for the worm. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Gayle in Md.

Barbara
05-19-2005, 04:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

Leave some juice for the worm. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

The worm does not reside in a bottle of tequila, just mescal.

Barbara

SPetty
05-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Howdy,

If anyone knows how to contact Carol Clark, please do and ask her to contact Barbara to get my cell phone number and CALL ME while she's still here!!! The phone number I have for her is no longer in service.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ras314 took pity on me and took me to the Rio seafood buffet yesterday. Yum. Good stuff.

GREAT matches yesterday. If you ever get the opportunity, you should make it out here if only for the pro tourney. Eight tables of almost non-stop pro pool players, half of them men and half of them women, showing how it's supposed to be done! Four semi final matches today, two finals tomorrow. Hope I get a chance to see some of that!

My team gets back to work today in a few hours. One more win and we're in the money! A few more and it might actually be real money!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara
05-20-2005, 08:57 AM
I'm calling Carol right now!

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
05-20-2005, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> My team gets back to work today in a few hours. One more win and we're in the money! A few more and it might actually be real money!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

shoot well my friend

Deeman2
05-20-2005, 09:42 AM
SPetty:

Hang in there girl. bring that cash on home to LeRoy, he deserves it after all he's done....

Keep having fun and telling us about it.

Deeman

Brian in VA
05-20-2005, 10:49 AM
SPetty,
Wish I was there to sweat your matches! Good luck and shoot well!!

Brian in VA - has a serious Vegas jones today.

Barbara
05-20-2005, 10:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> SPetty,
Wish I was there to sweat your matches! Good luck and shoot well!!

Brian in VA - has a serious Vegas jones today. <hr /></blockquote>

Ditto. I've been talking to Carol out there who's sitting by the pool on a sunny, 102 degree day.

Barbara~~~sitting in my office on a rainy, 60 degree day... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Scott Lee
05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
Congrats to RAS! Now you know with a fancy case like that we expect him to play 3-4 balls better! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

...unless he DROPS his elbow! LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

SPetty
05-21-2005, 12:10 AM
No win, no cash, I suck. We lost our first match this morning, so we finished one out of the money. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif That freed me up to be by myself doing nothing all day, but thanks to Barbara, at least I was able to get together with Carol for a bit.

The pro semi final matches were great, but way too short.

I pegged Vagabond the first day, but he doesn't know it. Who's watching who now? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Of course, I'm sure he had me pegged the first day as well, so we're even. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ras314
05-21-2005, 02:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr>
...unless he DROPS his elbow! LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott <hr /></blockquote>
Hey Scott, it only looks like the dreaded elbow drop. Looks that way because I'm in the process of standing up to see where the ball I just hit is going. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Only problem with Vegas is there's just too much going to keep up with. But an old New Mexico boy (Louis Roybal sp?)won the BCA super senior tournament. And Edwardo, his protege, was shooting well in the pro tourney but got eleminated by David Mattlock.

Vagabond
05-23-2005, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>

I so we're even. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Oh Yeah!!!???!!!
Vagabond

Gayle in MD
05-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Thank you Barbara,
It was really just an inside joke, SPetty knows what I mean...
Gayle in Md....

Harold Acosta
05-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Spetty, some Puerto Rican players were at the BCA. Some made it to the money and one of them Rafy Kilgore, placed 4th on one of tournaments but I have not gotten all the info.

Hope you had some fun.

Harold

CarolNYC
05-26-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...unless he DROPS his elbow! LMAO
<hr /></blockquote>

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
05-26-2005, 02:46 AM
Barb,
[ QUOTE ]
who's sitting by the pool on a sunny, 102 degree day <hr /></blockquote>
I was kidding-it was 32 degrees and snowing /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
love ya, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol~has to rub baby oil on not to peel from the snowburn! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
05-26-2005, 02:53 AM
Hey Tom,
[ QUOTE ]
It was Tony Crosby of the Florida state, that whooped up on little ole Earl.. 11-3

<hr /></blockquote>
OMG-if looks could kill, Im dead-what a handsome guy-woo-hoo!
Carol~loves her husband! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif