PDA

View Full Version : Lookout Q...The Russians are Coming

Fran Crimi
05-18-2005, 09:27 AM
So you guys are gettin' in bed with the Ruskies, eh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RUSSIA'S KALUGA REGION TO PRESENT ITSELF IN NETHERLANDS
09:08

THE HAGUE, May 18 (RIA Novosti's Andrei Poskakukhin). A presentation of Central Russian Kaluga Region will be held on Wednesday at Kamer van Koophandel Amsterdam (Chamber of Commerce and Industry for Amsterdam). The presentation targets Dutch businesspeople and officials and is focused on business success stories in the region, its investment experience and perspectives.

Governor Anatoly Artamonov and other leaders of the Kaluga Region, who arrived in the Netherlands yesterday, will attend. Importantly, industry officials, notably heads of major local enterprises, will also come to the presentation.

The agenda will include the development of Russian-Dutch relations - first and foremost, commercial, - the role of regions in promoting cooperation, the Kaluga Region's investment and economic potential, dos and donts of investing in Kaluga, and Dutch business experience in Russia and the region.

Apart from bilateral business meetings, the presentation will envisage several round-table discussions on most topical matters: how to lease or buy land in the region, how to make use of its investment protection legislation, where to invest in agriculture, food processing, timber, woodworking, and tourism sectors, and in the hi-tech industry. The Russians will present their leading research centers and laboratories and propose joint projects.

The Russians Are Coming (http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/redir.php?jid=6dd3e97ddaeb0794&cat=ec440608e2050e3 b)

Wally_in_Cincy
05-18-2005, 09:33 AM
I remember that movie

The Russians are Cominhttp://www.davestrains.com/photos/sickle9.gif

SpiderMan
05-18-2005, 10:10 AM
I remember "Red Dawn".

SpiderMan

Wally_in_Cincy
05-18-2005, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I remember "Red Dawn".

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

"So whose on our side?"

"600 million screaming Chinamen"

"But China has a billion people"

"They did"