PDA

View Full Version : Another new cue!

Cane
05-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Geez, I'm not turning into Fred, am I? Seems like I'm always waiting for the next new cue to come in!!! Well, I got another cue in today. Been waiting on this one awhile. Not as pretty as my other ride, but hits exactly the same and that's what I was looking for... a cue that hit like my "pretty" one, but that I wouldn't be afraid to take into bars and some of Oklahoma's finer pool rooms!
Forearm and butt sleeve, Massacar (sp?) Ebony. Tulipwood windows on butt and 3hi3lo Tulipwood points on forearm. Single silver rings at ABCD&E. Understated yet... damn, she looks good to me. Just what I expected. It's a Jerico, btw... complements my bocote Stinger really nicely.

The pictures really lightened up the grain in the Ebony. I mean ALOT!!! When you're just looking at this in normal light it looks jet black with some light rust brown highlights. Really looks good with the tulipwood.

http://members.clnk.com/caneman/jerico2_0.jpg
http://members.clnk.com/caneman/jerico2_1.jpg

Not advertising here, but did anyone read IP's April issue. Danny Basovich is using the Jerico Stinger.

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest, nor do I get any consideration, financial or otherwise, for using Jerico Cues. I just like 'em.

Later,
Bob

Scott Lee
05-19-2005, 10:40 PM
That's a beauty Bob! Nice contrast between the tulipwood and the ebony! What's the weight?

Scott

Cane
05-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Scott,
She weighs in dead on 19.25 ounces. Took it out and played with it last night again and got an offer on it. NO WAY! LOL I needed this one! Yeah, like I needed a hole in the head, but hey, I like nice toys! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Ya know, it absolutely amazes me how the custom makers, most all of them, can construct a cue to the exact weight you ask for without putting a visible weight bolt in them. I'm not asking how you do it, I'm just amazed that you guys can do it. CUEMAKERS: My hat is off to all of you! You're masters of an art I can't even conceive the accomplishment of.

Later,
Bob