PDA

View Full Version : Just got my 1st Custom Cue - pics

Plummerbutt
05-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Pretty darned proud of this. My first custom Cue. Payed for with winter pool earnings to! Made by Midwest Custom Cues, Steve Morris, St. Paul, MN. Nothing real fancy but it sure is "eye candy" to me.., and thats all that counts!
Specs! 18.25 oz. Butt and handle is Brazilian Tulip wood. Wrap is Brazilian black lizard leather. joint is moose antler. Ivory ferral. Water buffalo horn rings. Triangle tip. Rubber butt is X1 Limbsaver.
This thing hits like a rock with great feedback! I couldn't be happier! Now, do I play with it or should I just hang it on the wall and look at it?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p840fdb71d4208fc068c22e1ba46a8686/f4105025.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p1743f34c9d15c8f82ec06cb479eb96f4/f4104905.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p840fdb71d4208fc068c22e1ba46a8686/f4105025.jpg

PQQLK9
05-18-2005, 10:11 PM
I like it. Nice understated elagance. I will keep a new cue home for a few days to fondle and bond with it before I take it to a room. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hope you enjoy it.

catscradle
05-19-2005, 05:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Plummerbutt:</font><hr> Pretty darned proud of this. My first custom Cue. Payed for with winter pool earnings to! Made by Midwest Custom Cues, Steve Morris, St. Paul, MN. Nothing real fancy but it sure is "eye candy" to me.., and thats all that counts!
Specs! 18.25 oz. Butt and handle is Brazilian Tulip wood. Wrap is Brazilian black lizard leather. joint is moose antler. Ivory ferral. Water buffalo horn rings. Triangle tip. Rubber butt is X1 Limbsaver.
This thing hits like a rock with great feedback! I couldn't be happier! Now, do I play with it or should I just hang it on the wall and look at it?
<hr /></blockquote>
Nice looking, I particularly like the figuring in the forearm. I haven't seen many cues where tulip wood was used as the predominant wood rather than as points or something.
If it hits good than you should be quite pleased.

bustah360
05-19-2005, 06:36 AM
Looks like you got yourself a nice cue there. My advice is to hit the poolhall with it. Dont walk but run to nearest GC table and remember...always bless it by pocketing a straight shot. I've always made sure my first hit with a new cue was a stiff stop shot dropped in the corner. I guess I'm a lil superstitious when it comes to that, LOL!

Enjoy it man!

Cane
05-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Very nice... Now get out there and break it in! I'm not like Nick, I can't keep a new cue around the house for a couple of days. I have to take it right out and get in the world with it!

Congrats,
Bob

Scott Lee
05-19-2005, 11:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bustah360:</font><hr> I've always made sure my first hit with a new cue was a stiff stop shot dropped in the corner.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey bustah360...SIDE pockets are BIGGER! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee

Brian in VA
05-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey Scott,

I just got my first hand made cue from Dale Perry. I made sure to use the side pocket so I didn't miss that first critical shot! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I like the new cue but I still need that next lesson bud! Looking forward to seeing you later in the summer.

Brian in VA

Scott Lee
05-19-2005, 07:24 PM
You can count on it Brian! See you then! Looking forward to seeing several folks in your area again...I only wish Frank was still with us! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Scott

catscradle
05-20-2005, 04:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bustah360:</font><hr> I've always made sure my first hit with a new cue was a stiff stop shot dropped in the corner.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey bustah360...SIDE pockets are BIGGER! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
<hr /></blockquote>

Unless he's on a barbox. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cane
05-20-2005, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> Hey Scott,

I just got my first hand made cue from Dale Perry. I made sure to use the side pocket so I didn't miss that first critical shot! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Brian, I had a Dale Perry 1 of 1 for awhile. Very nice work and nice hitting cue. Ebony (imagine that! LOL All of my cues are ebony!) with BEM points, Malachite rings and unwrapped. Traded it to a friend of mine that has a body shop for some work on my motorhome. Kind of miss that little cue!

Later,
Bob

Brian in VA
05-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Cane,
I bought it off ebay after watching his cues sell for about 6 months. Finally got a bonus and made myself a present of one of his 1/1 cues. It's got a curly maple top with purpleheart points, outlined in ebony with curly maple spears inlaid inside. The butt is ebony with curly maple diamonds and the ebony rings have curly maple diamonds inlaid in them. It hits really sweet and I'm very pleased with it for my first "good" cue purchase. Should stand me well for a while.

Now if I just had a game to match..

Brian in VA

Plummerbutt
05-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Just have to tell you folks that I couldn't resist, I just had to play some pool with this stick. The very morning after posting these pics, I headed for town and the local bar boxes.

Stick hits like a dream! Very easy to control the cue ball and cue ball speed, at least easier then my McDermott I had been shooting with.

I've played about 25 games with it already, and so far it's undefeated! I know that will change. Hey.., maybe I should retire it right now? The "undefeated cue!"

I couldn't be happier. The more I play with it, the more I learn "HOW" to play with it.., the better I get!

cueball1950
05-29-2005, 08:56 PM
breath taking. love the lines htru out it.....mike