PDA

View Full Version : Using your Predator shaft cue to JUMP

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Has anyone used their Predator playing cue to jump?

Nightstalker
05-19-2005, 05:58 PM
It's not bouncy enough and I am afraid that I might break it if I tried to use it as a pogo-stick. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, there is a thread that was started a short time ago which addressed this: Here you go. (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=193069&page=0&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2005, 06:08 PM
thanks for the quick reply.
I wish there were more Predator owners that would answer the question.

ceebee
05-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Yep... it ain't gonna happen, (IMHO).

The shaft's column strength is too great. The cue ball can't seem to get away from the shaft. Just my experience of trying to jump a ball with a radial laminated shaft.

I have a Predator & a Dominator.

Pied Piper
05-20-2005, 04:57 AM
I have a Predator 314. One of those belmished shafts that they were offering at half off and free overnight delievery a few years back. Just had to throw that in, and I can clear just a little over half an OB. That is tops. I usually use my Lucasi with a Slow Moori to get the jump that I want. If you prefer using your predator for everything, then just kick at the ball. You're probably better off. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

catscradle
05-20-2005, 05:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Has anyone used their Predator playing cue to jump?
<hr /></blockquote>
I don't use a Predator, though I used to. I was told by a Predator representative (Shane when he was there I think) that Predators suck (my word) at jumping.

sack316
05-20-2005, 05:47 AM
hey Tom, I had asked something pretty much like this the other day. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll be doing much jumping with our shafts! (I have a 314). If I hit it just right I can sometimes jump half a ball or so, but I've basically come to the conclusion that with my predator I'm better off kicking or masse 99% of the time.

houseman
05-20-2005, 09:01 AM
I love my predator 314 but never have been able to jump more than half a ball.
Don`t know how they would jump with a special jump tip, but then that would be a waste of a playing shaft.

sack316
05-20-2005, 09:05 AM
I guess the good thing about not being able to jump is that I've gotten a bit of a reputation for being able to hit some rediculously hard kick shots out of almost any situation. Not so much out of want but out of necessity