PDA

View Full Version : cost to play

Drop1
05-20-2005, 11:28 AM
What does an hour of playing at a pool hall cost in the States? Not some sleezy hole like I usually hang out,but
some nice hole,where you hang out.

Scott Lee
05-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Drop1...I've played all over the country! For a single player, I've seen it range from as low as $2.65/hr. (Chris' Billiards/Chicago, daytime rate), to $25/hr /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif(Hollywood Billiards/ Hollywood,CA).

Scott Lee

bsmutz
05-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Seems like when this question has been asked before that most people pay between $6 and $12 an hour. Quite a few places have a special rate for the off hours. At the pool room I go to they have a 10am to 6pm rate of $12 for one person or $10 each for 2 people. The rest of the time they charge $6 for one person, $5 each for 2, $4 for 3, etc. Another room I have been to but haven't been back because they don't open till late afternoon and the cost, charges $6 an hour for each player.

Cane
05-20-2005, 11:38 AM
D1,

Depends on what part of the country you're in. I've seen table rates in nice pool rooms range from $5 per hour to $12 per hour. There is one in Fort Smith, Arkansas that charges $10 Day Rate to use the table from 10AM until 6PM. Pretty good deal if you ask me for using 44" X 88" Brunswicks with Championship Tour Edition Cloth.

Coin Op tables in my part of the world (Oklahoma and Arkansas) will range from 50 cents to $1.00 per game. The majority of the coin op tables in our immediate area are 75 cents. Mostly Valleys, Dynamo or Global. No Diamond Smart tables within 125 miles of here yet (love those things). Billiard Palace in Tulsa has 17 Daimond Smart Tables, $1 per game.

Later,
Bob

highsea
05-20-2005, 11:43 AM
My Elks lodge takes a $1 donation for as long as you want to play. Barboxes are usually $.75, some are still $.50 and some are $1.00/rack. Downtown poolrooms in Seattle are usually around $6.00/hr. Get out of the city and they are around $3.50-$4.00.

Scott Lee
05-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Bob...The worst coin-op I ever saw, is a little 3x6 barbox tucked away in a bad corner, in the lounge of the Marriott, out on Long Island, adjacent to Hofstra University. It had a slot for EIGHT QUARTERS...and RED cloth on top of that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Scott

Wally_in_Cincy
05-20-2005, 12:19 PM
The nicest place around here charges $3.50 per hour per person. But since business has been down lately they started charging $1.00 per hour before 6 p.m. and all day Sunday.

and longneck beers (Bud, Miller etc.)are $1 per bottle all the time.

Sam Adams are $2

Rackin_Zack
05-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Here in central Missouri it costs about $4/person/hr with it getting a bit cheaper the more you have.

MosconiJr
05-20-2005, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> The nicest place around here charges $3.50 per hour per person. But since business has been down lately they started charging $1.00 per hour before 6 p.m. and all day Sunday.

Sam Adams are $2 <hr /></blockquote>

This sounds like my kind of room /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MosconiJr

Nightstalker
05-20-2005, 01:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> The nicest place around here charges $3.50 per hour per person. But since business has been down lately they started charging $1.00 per hour before 6 p.m. and all day Sunday.

Wow, now that is CHEAP!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Cane
05-20-2005, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> longneck beers (Bud, Miller etc.)are $1 per bottle all the time.

Wally, If I can get Guiness for $2 a bottle, I'll be there tomorrow! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob

Wally_in_Cincy
05-20-2005, 02:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr>
Wow, now that is CHEAP!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

they're just trying anything to get customers

they have had road work going on on the major street they are on so it's perceived as not real easy to get to now.

the funny thing is, it's actually easier to get there than it was before because a lot of traffic is avoiding the area.

sorta like Yogi Berra said, nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PQQLK9
05-20-2005, 02:51 PM
A couple of rooms here in Charlotte offer "Free Pool" from 12-7pm and $3.00 hr after 7.

Jillians has "Free Pool" daily with lunch purchase and every 8th lunch is free.

The Green Room in Pineville charges $1.00 per Hr. from 11:30am to 6:00 pm. and $3.00 per Hr.after 6 ($2.00 for league members).

sack316
05-20-2005, 02:54 PM
on average around here (central Alabama) it's around $8/hour for the table, coin ops usually $1. Of course there's usually discounts or free pool for APA players, and other promotions for in the biz, fire and emergency personell, military, Etc

Brian in VA
05-20-2005, 04:41 PM
In Central VA, my room charges $4 an hour for one, $8 for 2, $10 for 3 and $12 for 4. As a league member you get 25% off Monday through Thursday. Tables are either GCIVs (3) or Gandy, all 9 footers, usually in pretty good shape although they could stand to be vacuumed.

Another room that would be described as nicer has varying rates from bar boxes to GCIIIs with a top price of $12 per hour no matter how many players. They always seem to be busy. It's whatever the market will bear.

Brian in VA - hoping for his own table this fall.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-21-2005, 07:08 AM
coin-ops around here are mostly $.75, some are $1.00. Occasionally you will find them for $.50

then there's Barney's Bar in Hamiltucky. It's a neighborhood bar that's been there for decades. Their old Valley, which they own, is still $.25. The drinks are cheap too. And there have only been 2 people killed there in the last 8 years /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LJC_Cues
05-22-2005, 04:40 AM
The place I usually play is only 5 bucks (for me) for as long as I want to play. But they only charge hourly rates at night. If you play from 11am-5pm you only have to pay $5 also. I think its $9 for one person and goes down from there the more you have. But they have $5 pool on thursday night and sundays (sundays its til 8pm but if you play in a league you get to play for free after 8pm). I am glad I got to know everyone there cause before I was paying a pretty penny for table time!!! Now anytime I go in I just pay $5 bucks and play for however long I feel like!! Oh and this place has 15, 9 footer goldcrowns. The owner is a player and takes very good care of the tables!

JimS
05-22-2005, 05:00 AM
Here in Galesburg Il. they charge $3 per hour for one person all the time.... I think. I stopped going. Too much smoke, kids, juke box, dirty tables &amp; balls. For years I bitched and bitched about not having a place to go to play pool and now that we have it I don't go. What a jerk.

MacGyver
05-23-2005, 12:41 AM
in southern IL, local tables are about $4 from open to 6pm on Fri-Sun and all day mon-thurs.

On 6pm-close on Fri-sun, its $7 for a single player and $8 for 2 playes(and they also throw on a .25 cue rental or $1 cover for &lt;21's).

I gotta say I like the cue rental over a bunch of house cues sitting all over the place, I find that the quality of this places house cues are above and beyond what other pool halls have.