PDA

View Full Version : custom cue bull

Drop1
05-20-2005, 08:00 PM
How can all these people making cues be right each claims to do what no other can. I don't think the pros are going to lose,because they swith cues. They should have a double blind study,and see what is true,and what is bull,just butt joint,and shaft nothing to indicate the maker.

SplinterHands
05-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Good idea. Let us know how it turns out.

Cane
05-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Steve,
The important thing to remember is that not every player prefers the same "feel" in a cue. One player with a great game my love the hit of a Southwest, another great player may love the hit of a Cog, while another equally great player may love the hit of a McDermott. The likes and dislikes of cueists are as varied as the feel of the cues of all the worlds cuemakers, so, considering that, ALL of them are completely right when they say their cue hits best... it does for someone.

Later,
Bob

Qtec
05-21-2005, 10:08 PM
How many of these collector cues, do you think, ever do what they were made for?
Great cues should be played with, not kept in a glass case under lock and key!
In a way, cue collectors are anti-pool!

Q

Cane
05-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Q, You're right, I think. I "collect" cues, you might say, in a sense that when I find one I like, I buy it, but I don't let them set in a display case. I don't really think I'd want to own a cue that I was afraid of playing pool with. Depending on where I'm going, I have a $4000 cue, a $1200 cue or a $300 cue that I use... depends, usually, on the clientelle. I won't take a $4000 cue into a place where the players are generally drunk and stumbling over everything and the most secure place for your cue is leaning against your table, and that isn't too secure. However, If I'm going to a "nice" place, I take my best cue and enjoy playing it.

I did see a maker throw a $15,000 cue (his "masterpiece that he worked 18 months on) on a carpetted floor and tell a guy that was afraid to hit a ball with it "It's just a piece of wood". I don't think I could do that, but then again, if I broke it, I couldn't fix it! Sure would like to own it, though! And yes, I'd shoot pool with it!

Later,
Bob

Leviathan
05-22-2005, 06:16 AM
Suggest you see Murray Tucker's post to an AzB thread at

http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=12838 .

It reports test results that might interest you.

AS