PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again!

SplinterHands
05-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Another Allison Fisher/Karen Corr final. It would be wise for the WPBA to pay these two to dump some tournaments in order to diversify the television matches. The viewers are getting burned out from repetitive winners. I'm a big fan of both Allison and Karen, but isn't there anybody out there who's a consistent threat to knock them off? When there has been other players on TV, the play has been sub-par at best(Barretta almost missing the cue-ball and Ga Young Kim plumber crack comes to mind). If they are truly that much better, then their winning ways will continue for many years to come. From a non-pool players perspective, I'd imagine that regular doses of Fisher/Corr matches and Trick Shot magic would become old. It's time for the WPBA to step in and pay them off before televised pool is completely eliminated.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-21-2005, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> ...When there has been other players on TV, the play has been sub-par at best(Barretta almost missing the cue-ball and Ga Young Kim plumber crack comes to mind). ... <hr /></blockquote>

I thought Jennifer "9mm" Barretta played pretty well. She did beat KC after all. If you want to see weak play go watch some of those matches from the early 90's that ESPN showed last April.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> ....It's time for the WPBA to step in and pay them off before televised pool is completely eliminated. <hr /></blockquote>

I doubt you are serious but just in case you are, that might not be such a good idea. Better to tape the quarter-finals, like they are going to do in Peoria.

sneakypapi
05-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Believe it or not I think it becomes interesting when Allison or Karen lose in tournaments espically early. When it comes to pool these two are clearly superior players, but in my opinion Allison is the best out of the two for many reasons (which Im not going to list now =). Most ESPN matches will have the semi's and then finals so we do get the chance to see other players. You cannot blame the best players in the world for winning so much; that is why they are at the top of the rankings.

On the other hand look at the mens tour, there never seems to be a consistent winner every time. The mens tour is very competitive and interesting to watch where it seems that almost any top pro can win on any given day. I feel the future of pool on TV is still secure if not perfect like other sports that get much more coverage.