PDA

View Full Version : Dayton cues

Drop1
05-21-2005, 06:41 PM
There is a fellow in Florida,making cues. Can anyone tell me about the cues? His name is Paul Dayton. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Popcorn
05-21-2005, 07:12 PM
http://daytoncues.com/

Drop1
05-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Popcorn,
Looked at the site,still would like to hear what players say about the cues. I have two Tads,and I think the linen wrap is great,but the cues are like me,they don't play that great. The rice cooker I bought from his wife gets more use.

Popcorn
05-21-2005, 08:08 PM
He makes nice cues, beyond that it is all subjective.

supercueman
05-22-2005, 11:02 AM
I have known Paul for sometime now... He has made me several one of a kind cues.... Pauls work is great, he is fair on price... His color schemes are first in my book... I have gone to the Hopkins show since the beginning.. I think if you look at all the makers there... Price for price and quality.... Paul is up there for one of the best...I will tell you this... Paul is the first maker that made me a cue the way I wanted it ,the right specs, woods , ivory.... Also Paul has come up with some ideas in cue making which I think you could say he is a head of his time... Other cue makers have told me how he has helped them with out any recompemse.I hope this helps....

Supercueman

DickLeonard
05-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Drop1 I have a Willie Hoppe butt that Paul restored for me his workmanship is out standing he fitted it with a cue extender to avoid the bridge. He put a butt cap to protect the butt piece.
Paul worked for me when I ran the Albany Golden Cue when he started making cues he did his inlaying by hand with an exacto knife. Before that he was restoring antique furniture
his workmanship was highly regarded by all the people in that business. By all means give him a try and tell him I referred you to him####