PDA

View Full Version : Household Hint for Bachelors

Nostroke
05-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Clear Shower Curtains!!!

The light shines thru and they just don't mildew until about year 2!!

What a shame it took me so long to learn this. According to that Lifespan calculator- I only have 2 shower curtains left in me. Oh well.

Eric.
05-23-2005, 11:09 AM
I just buy the cheap plastic liners and replace them 2-3 times a year instead of cleaning.

Eric

Stretch
05-23-2005, 01:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I just buy the cheap plastic liners and replace them 2-3 times a year instead of cleaning.

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Wow! You got this bachelor thing down! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif St. ~~could never get the hang of it~~

Nostroke
05-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Thats what i do except i buy clear ones and use NO real curtain-just the clear liner-lasts forever.

Eric.
05-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Listen brother, ya do whats ya gotta do /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric

9 Ball Girl
05-23-2005, 02:35 PM
No no no. You have to use the clear one on the inside and a nice prettier more pricey one on the outside. And have the matching bath rug that goes with the pricey curtain. And you have to have several because you have to change the whole thing with every season.

Reminds me, I've gotta change my living room curtains to the springtime ones.

Teehee.

sack316
05-23-2005, 02:46 PM
i have this cool brownish-green shower liner. Well, it always that color... but it is now

landshark77
05-23-2005, 05:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> No no no. You have to use the clear one on the inside and a nice prettier more pricey one on the outside. And have the matching bath rug that goes with the pricey curtain. And you have to have several because you have to change the whole thing with every season.

Teehee. <hr /></blockquote>

OMG!!! Entirely WAY too much work. Screw the seasons....get multi-seasoned designs, natural colors...that kinda thing!

Kato
05-23-2005, 07:15 PM
ok, ok, ok. I admit it, I've got heavy duty clear liners on the insides and very South Floridian patterns on the outside and have nice bathrugs (several colors) and nice towels that go completely unused /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS. I change the liners 2 times a year or so but bleach them about once a month, kills the mildew stuff.

R.J.~~~~likes the colors.

MosconiJr
05-24-2005, 06:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I just buy the cheap plastic liners and replace them 2-3 times a year instead of cleaning.

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

What's a shower curtain liner /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

MosconiJr

9 Ball Girl
05-24-2005, 08:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> ok, ok, ok. I admit it, I've got heavy duty clear liners on the insides and very South Floridian patterns on the outside and have nice bathrugs (several colors) and nice towels that go completely unused /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS. I change the liners 2 times a year or so but bleach them about once a month, kills the mildew stuff.

R.J.~~~~likes the colors. <hr /></blockquote>I love R.J.!

Eric.
05-24-2005, 01:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> ok, ok, ok. I admit it, I've got heavy duty clear liners on the insides and very South Floridian patterns on the outside and have nice bathrugs (several colors) and nice towels that go completely unused /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

R.J.~~~~likes the colors. <hr /></blockquote>

You're are definately GAY!

Eric &gt;as in merry? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
05-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Me too, /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
BTW, I have found Avon's Skin So Soft to be absolutely great for cleaning my cue, especially the ferrule. Just wipe it down well afterwards with a soft cloth.

How's it going Wendy?

Gayle in Md.

Stretch
05-24-2005, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Me too, /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
BTW, I have found Avon's Skin So Soft to be absolutely great for cleaning my cue, especially the ferrule. Just wipe it down well afterwards with a soft cloth.

How's it going Wendy?

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Believe it or not Gayle, that skin so soft makes an EXILLENT bug repelent against black flys and mosquitoes. Don't laugh. it's true! We use it all the time up here when going outdoors this time of year. St.

9 Ball Girl
05-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Avon's Skin-so-Soft! LOL Hey, whatever works!

I'm good. Rebuilding myself if that makes any sense. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
05-25-2005, 03:10 AM
Gotcha! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
05-25-2005, 03:14 AM
Hey kiddo, how ya been?
You are right, we've used it for mosquitos for years. Here's another one. A stain on your carpet, use a damp sponge, with cascade dishwasher detergent! Works great! Even takes out red wine. Get the sponge good and wet, dip into cascade liquid, or make a paste with the Cascade granuals, dip and brush, then rinse and pat dry with a towel.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

landshark77
05-25-2005, 06:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hey kiddo, how ya been?
You are right, we've used it for mosquitos for years. Here's another one. A stain on your carpet, use a damp sponge, with cascade dishwasher detergent! Works great! Even takes out red wine. Get the sponge good and wet, dip into cascade liquid, or make a paste with the Cascade granuals, dip and brush, then rinse and pat dry with a towel.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I dunno Gayle. There have been a few instances where I have gotten Cascade on my pants and it had the same affect as bleach. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

catscradle
05-25-2005, 07:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> No no no. You have to use the clear one on the inside and a nice prettier more pricey one on the outside. And have the matching bath rug that goes with the pricey curtain. And you have to have several because you have to change the whole thing with every season.

Teehee. <hr /></blockquote>

Let me see. In my condo I stay at workdays, I have a no curtins in the living room or entry, just blinds that are never open. Now the slider in my bedroom, that's a work of art. Firstly, I took 2 inch sheets of foam insulation and blocked it off completely, and what you see from the outside is the flowered bed sheet I have over the insulation with this pinkish color showing through from the insulation. On the inside I fashioned a "curtain" out of the thick, black plastic sheeting used to make temporary partitions when doing construction. I cut it a little bigger than the opening plus an extra 6 inches or so on the height. I then folded the extra 6 inches over and duct taped along the seam creating someplace for the cheap shower curtain rod I bought to go through. Then just stick the shower curtain rod between the slider opening and voila a drapery, in a male sort of way. I haven't figured out how to turn on the vacumn or oven yet, but the TV and microwave work fine.

SpiderMan
05-25-2005, 07:30 AM
You mean he's happy?

SpiderMan

Stretch
05-25-2005, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hey kiddo, how ya been?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I dunno Gayle. There have been a few instances where I have gotten Cascade on my pants and it had the same affect as bleach. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I had a nightmare last night LS. You were wadeling barefoot and pregnant around the kitchen in bleach blotted track pants screaming "you did this to me! you did this to me!"

I'm sure it was just an aberation lol St. ~~has deep respect for mothers~~

cheesemouse
05-25-2005, 11:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hey kiddo, how ya been?

I dunno Gayle. There have been a few instances where I have gotten Cascade on my pants and it had the same affect as bleach. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Opppps...sorry, I thought you said 'in my pants'

Gayle in MD
05-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Really, that's never happened to me. Maybe because when I use it it's diluted?

Gayle in Md.

Voodoo Daddy
05-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Your suppose to replace them? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Voodoo Daddy
05-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Your such a girl, HAHAHAHAHA /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kato
05-26-2005, 12:56 PM
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

R.J.~~~not gay, not merry, not a girl /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Voodoo Daddy
05-26-2005, 02:49 PM
For the record...KATO is not a girl literally...but he is a girl just the same, HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wally_in_Cincy
05-27-2005, 06:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Your such a girl, HAHAHAHAHA /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

He bakes too /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Voodoo Daddy
05-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Cookies and stuff, right? KATO = Martha Stewarts protege`, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Disclaimer: KATO knows I'm teasing but I'm still laughing at him.

Eric.
05-27-2005, 11:07 AM
I guess you can turn them inside out, like when one's underwear gets dirty /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric