PDA

View Full Version : Back from Vegas-as a Jack Justis rep for N M

ras314
05-22-2005, 01:03 PM
As SPetty said in another post I won a Justis case in a raffle. I was so tickled he took a picture and said I would be his representative for New Mexico. Told him OK but Reserve's total population is about 550 people. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The guys at one of the cue repair outfits had the gall to ask me what I wanted for it. I got plum insulted and told them not for sale. Could be they were just putting me on.

This is a real nice case, not fancy but plain elegance. Holds 30 " cues too, which I think I'm going to. Man I'm going to have to improve my game now, or be totally embarrassed the next pool hall I go to.

Barbara
05-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Congrats on your new case, Ras!! I absolutely love mine and Jack and Toots are a real pleasure to deal with!! Jack makes some really beautiful cases - very distinctive in style.

All right, I'm going to try and post some pics of it as soon as I can.

Barbara

PQQLK9
05-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Congratulations ras314, I think I know how you feel because I won this Cue last week. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif The Cue I Won (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=192812&page=1&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1) Enjoy it it good health.

ras314
05-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Toots? Don't remember her name but she remembered mine. And from only signing the ticket! Whole thing was kind of strange because they had told me someone else had won the drawing. Then the next day I happened to see my name on the raffle winners board but couldn't find the ticket by then. Anyway I latched on to the case. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ras314
05-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Nice cue Nick. I invested $10 for one ticket. I think what they did was wait until ticket sales were about the cue's price and then had the drawing. This one listed at $465.

Rip
05-22-2005, 03:38 PM
RAS,
I'll give you $15 cash money! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I'm happy for you RAS, that is a great looking case.
Rip~not lucky with raffles /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Nice cue Nick. I invested $10 for one ticket. I think what they did was wait until ticket sales were about the cue's price and then had the drawing. This one listed at $465. <hr /></blockquote>

Stretch
05-22-2005, 03:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> As SPetty said in another post I won a Justic case in a raffle. I was so tickled he took a picture and said I would be his representative for New Mexico. Told him OK but Reserve's total population is about 550 people. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The guys at one of the cue repair outfits had the gall to ask me what I wanted for it. I got plum insulted and told them not for sale. Could be they were just putting me on.

This is a real nice case, not fancy but plain elegance. Holds 30 " cues too, which I think I'm going to. Man I'm going to have to improve my game now, or be totally embarrassed the next pool hall I go to. <hr /></blockquote>

Ras you lucky dowg!! Don't leave it laying around. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif St.

ras314
05-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey Rip, didn't see you while I was lugging it around, wanted to brag a little. Did make it down to the cue club a little later and watched some 9 ball action. A WPBA player (who shall remain nameless) was relieving some guys of their extra cash on table 7. Playing better than she was at the tournament IMO.

$15 1@#@! Do have an extra case now, 100 bucks and we are in business. Genuine Porper, hauls all kinds of stuff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Fred Agnir
05-22-2005, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> As SPetty said in another post I won a Justis case in a raffle. <hr /></blockquote>Congratulations. Yes, Jack's wife is Toots. And the guy that looked like me when you told Toots your cell phone number was... well it was me.

Fred

ras314
05-22-2005, 05:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> And the guy that looked like me when you told Toots your cell phone number was... well it was me.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>
I'm really confused now. I didn't give her a phone number. So who was the guy that looked like me? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
A waitress told me something about being the spitting image of one of their card dealers, maybe it was him?

I did try to watch your matches but by the time I figured how to find a "site no." it was too late. Somebody did mention you were also in a team match but I forgot what name. Kinda wanted to apologize in person for completely getting your name wrong, besides just wanted to meet you.

Just noticed I called Justis Justic, tried to correct that best I could. I can't spell without a spell checker but I hate to get folks names wrong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

ras314
05-22-2005, 09:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Jack makes some really beautiful cases - very distinctive in style.

All right, I'm going to try and post some pics of it as soon as I can.

Barbara
<hr /></blockquote>
My first attempt at posting a picture...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=3634270093&amp;idx=6

Didn't work for some reason.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p62e94c35535aefae72347e0895a3c859/f4047372.jpg

Now WTH