PDA

View Full Version : Current situation

Karatemom
05-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I have to keep this short - have to head back to the hospital but I wanted to let everyone know what is going on. Chris' situation has gotten much worse and he is not expected to last the next 24 hours. When he does pass, I will post again, but I thought some people might want to know before hand. I do plan on giving him a memorial which could be sometime this coming weekend or next at our local pool hall, but I haven't had the time to get things going.

Everyone's thoughts and prayers were much appreciated. Please know that Chris took this match to the hill, but in the end, the cancer will come out ahead 9-8.

Love,

Heide

dg-in-centralpa
05-22-2005, 05:40 PM
I am so sorry K-mom. You and Spike are in my thoughts and prayers. May Chris rest in peace.

DG

Greg in VA
05-22-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm very sorry. I will pray for you

landshark77
05-22-2005, 05:46 PM
God bless you, Chris, and your family.

Gayle in MD
05-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Dear Heidi,
You have all been so brave. Knowing Chris has been a special experience to me. He fought the good fight. You are all in my heart. I'll never forget him.

Love,
Gayle

Sid_Vicious
05-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Remember, you have real people who love you and your family, listening, feeling the pain, and praying for this situation. You have been the BEST Heidi. Stay with us.

Love,
Martin

ras314
05-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Heide, Sid-Vicious said it better than I can. I only knew Chris from the US Open but I do know he was more concerened about you and Spike than himself. Please do continue to post.

Roy

Troy
05-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Heide,
I am so sorry to hear this news.
Chris and all of your family have been on my mind every day.
May he go in peace when his time is due.

With Love,
Troy

PQQLK9
05-22-2005, 06:28 PM
God bless you all. Chris will always be my special friend.

cheesemouse
05-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Heide you are an earth bound angle. I think we all have learned a lifes lesson from both you and Chris...I will miss Chris dearly....take care of yourself Hiede...

Harold Acosta
05-22-2005, 08:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> I have to keep this short - have to head back to the hospital but I wanted to let everyone know what is going on. Chris' situation has gotten much worse and he is not expected to last the next 24 hours. When he does pass, I will post again, but I thought some people might want to know before hand. I do plan on giving him a memorial which could be sometime this coming weekend or next at our local pool hall, but I haven't had the time to get things going.

Everyone's thoughts and prayers were much appreciated. Please know that Chris took this match to the hill, but in the end, the cancer will come out ahead 9-8.

Love,

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

I'm really heartbroken to learn about these terrible news. I have been lurking this board for quite some time, just to learn about Chris' condition. I'm so sad to learn about the fate of my friend Chris. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Heide, I made the trip to the US Open last year to meet Chris and support his dream of playing the US Open. We played a couple of racks between matches and it was a great experience; I will never forget it. I know Chris and all the CCB'ers had a great time together. Chris will be forever in my heart. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

God bless you all...

Harold Acosta - Puerto Rico

cueball1950
05-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Heide, you and chris and spike have fought the fight of a lifetime in such a short time. May the Lord keep Chris in his loving arms and keep him safe. You both will meet again, and will have an eternity to share each others love. Like Sid said. we all love you both and he will be dearly missed. i have a picyure of chris posted above my computer as we speak, his left hand in the air as if he is saying good bye. May you rest in peace Chris and may he keep you safe. ........A friend always................mike

stickman
05-22-2005, 09:18 PM
I know that God will hold Chris in his loving arms, and also help you and Spike live through this. This isn't the end, but only a new beginning for Chris. He will be dearly missed, but we'll meet him when my Father in heaven calls on me. Until then, Chris will live on in our fond memories. God bless. Jim

Scott Lee
05-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Tears may come, and tears may go;
they're flowing now...that's all I know.
My heart is breaking for my dear friends...
but God is calling, for his pain to end.

My friend Chris Cass I'll forever miss...
a smile, a wave, a hug, a kiss.
They're all a part of this special man,
and I must believe that there IS a plan...

For he heads now, to a better place...
where there is no pain, no time, no space.
A place where we'll all meet again some day;
on a nine footer in Heaven, and we'll play and play!

God Bless You Chris!

Scott /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SpiderMan
05-23-2005, 03:28 AM
Heide, I only met Chris once, but I will remember and miss him many times.

Marty

JimS
05-23-2005, 03:36 AM
It is just a passing, a transferance of energy. I'm sorry for your loss Heide. I know how much Chris will be missed by you and Christ. Hang on to the Power.

randyg
05-23-2005, 05:38 AM
Thanks Heide....randyg

Deeman2
05-23-2005, 05:56 AM
God bless and keep you.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-23-2005, 05:59 AM
I'm so sorry. I am glad I got to meet Chris last year.

God bless you and Spike. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r
05-23-2005, 06:37 AM
OMG, this is so sad. Chris has fought this sooo much and I hate to see such a thing happen to a great guy. Our prayers are with you and your family.

eg8r

RUNaRAK
05-23-2005, 06:52 AM
Keeping Chris and your family in my Prayers. I pray that God gives you comfort during this trying time, I wish you and your family the best. May God be with you and Spike.

Joe Koontz

9 Ball Girl
05-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Oh Heide, I can only echo the words from our fellow CCBers. nAz and I figured something was wrong when we called you guys last week but didn't get our call returned. I know nothing at this time can make the pain go away but this is an altered poem that was sent to me when my best friend passed away that made me smile in the months to come:

Do not stand at his grave and forever weep.
He will not be there; he will not sleep.
He will be a thousand winds that blow.
He will be the diamond glints on snow.
He will be the sunlight on ripened grain.
He will be the gentle autumnís rain.
When you awaken in the morningís hush
He will be the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
He will be the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at his grave and forever cry.
He will not be there. He did not die.

Wendy---Heide, Chris and Spike will forever be in my heart...

DickLeonard
05-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Heide I am so sorry about Chris turn, I had talked to him last week and he seemed stronger than the last time I talked to him.

He was so proud of Christ's development as a player, he said he was going to be a great player. I am sorry that I had never met him. You and Christ will be in my prayers.####

mike_in_iowa
05-23-2005, 07:31 AM
I only met you guys a few times but I thought you were all the best. I am very lucky to have met CC and your family and you are in my prayers.

mike athens

Brian in VA
05-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Heide,
I can only hope that he goes peacefully with you and Christ by his side. I'll miss him although you'll miss him more than all of us combined. We're all holding all of you in our hearts and minds.
Brian in VA

Barry
05-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Heidi,
You, Christ and C.C. are all in my heart and my prayers.

Barry

Voodoo Daddy
05-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Speechless, sad, mad, proud to call him brother, prouder that he thought of me as one. Hiede, he will watch over you and Christ in peace with pride. A dynamic lady you are...my heart goes out to you and Christ.

Eric.
05-23-2005, 08:33 AM
My thoughts and condolences. I'm glad I had the priviledge to meet you, Chris and Christ.

Eric

Tom_In_Cincy
05-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Please call if there is anything I can do to help.. anything.

socrates
05-23-2005, 09:17 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am happy to have Chris and family as friends.

tateuts
05-23-2005, 09:27 AM
This is the moment we've all been dreading. You're wonderful people, so sorry for you all it came to this.

Chris

nAz
05-23-2005, 09:27 AM
I am so sorry to hear this shitty news.
Like Wendy said before, we thought something was wrong when we did not hear from C.C. but we hoped it was nothing too serious /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
stay strong.

Kato
05-23-2005, 10:10 AM
I promised Chris a long time ago that I'd always be there for you and Spike no matter what and I'm fully intent on keeping that promise. When it comes down and whenever the memorial happens I'll be there and for you and Spike no matter what, no matter when.

May my brother Chris rest happily forever in the next life. I just hope when the time comes God believes I'm worthy to play 9-ball with him again.

R.J.

Fran Crimi
05-23-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm so sorry, Heide. I guess we were all hoping for that miracle. Knowing Chris, he'll come back as an angel and keep an eye on all of us.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Fran

Steve Lipsky
05-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Heide,

Words aren't coming. I don't know what to say. He is a beautiful man and you are all a beautiful family. I will write more later but for now know that I love you all and you are in my deepest prayers.

Love,
Steve

pooljunkie73
05-23-2005, 10:25 AM
This is deffinately not the news I was expecting to read when I clicked on this post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Although I never got to meet Chris in person you could tell he was someone special. He will be in a much better place now, free from the pain and disease. I will keep you and Christ in my prayers.

God bless you,

Kent

Stretch
05-23-2005, 12:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Oh Heide, I can only echo the words from our fellow CCBers. nAz and I figured something was wrong when we called you guys last week but didn't get our call returned. I know nothing at this time can make the pain go away but this is an altered poem that was sent to me when my best friend passed away that made me smile in the months to come:

Do not stand at his grave and forever weep.
He will not be there; he will not sleep.
He will be a thousand winds that blow.
He will be the diamond glints on snow.
He will be the sunlight on ripened grain.
He will be the gentle autumnís rain.
When you awaken in the morningís hush
He will be the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
He will be the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at his grave and forever cry.
He will not be there. He did not die.

Wendy---Heide, Chris and Spike will forever be in my heart... <hr /></blockquote>

What a beautiful poem Wendy. Finaly something that comes close to my feelings for Heide at this difficult time.

Heide dear, my heartfelt condolences.

William

Cueless Joey
05-23-2005, 02:12 PM
I second that.
Heidi, my condolences.

sack316
05-23-2005, 03:02 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting you guys in person, you both are always a joy to converse with on here, and I always thought C.C. seemed like such a wonderful person. Based on the response on here I know I was right. Still hoping for that miracle, but either way he will always be with us

JohnnyP
05-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Shirley and I pray that God gives you and your family the strength to go on.

Karatemom
05-23-2005, 08:31 PM
He is still holding on. He is incoherent and unconscious most of the time. I hate leaving him alone at the hospital, but have no choice. His family had to go home, just as Spike and I have school and work, respectively. But we go to the hospital after work and stay as long as possible, and I constantly call the nurses station to check on him. It's killing us to see him like this, but we're hoping that he'll go soon and quietly. He has suffered enough. I probably won't post again until it's over.

Heide

JMD in VA
05-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Heide and Christ, you are in my prayers and hope that he does not linger. He has a match to play upstairs with his brother CCB'ers that have gone before him. They are waiting for their Champion so they can welcome him with "Open" arms. My heart especially goes out to Christ because I know what it feels like to lose a father to cancer at a young age. If he needs someone to talk to that has been through this, drop me a line, I'll do whatever I can.

JMD in VA
1 Peter 5:7
"Cast your anxiety on the Lord, for he cares for you."

Troy
05-23-2005, 09:04 PM
My heart goes out to you Heide.
There is nothing more I can say.

Troy

JimS
05-24-2005, 04:12 AM
My Mom passed about a month ago. We'd been staying with her 24/7 but the minute she was left alone for a 1/2 hour she was gone...outa here!

The people from hospice told me that often when family members are standing vigil the sick person feels obligated to stay. But as soon as they are left alone they feel free to leave.

Mom couldn't pass as long as I was there. She had to stay for me. But as soon as I gave her the chance she set herself free from her painful body.

pooltchr
05-24-2005, 04:13 AM
I only met Chris one time this past September, but quickly learned what a great person he was. You and your family are in my prayers.
STeve

Barbara
05-24-2005, 05:48 AM
Heide,

I just logged on in two days because of my own problems and I am just devastated to be reading this. I'm glad I'm not at work because I'd have to leave.

He fought the fight. May he go in peace now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Spike.

Love always,

Barbara

Fran Crimi
05-24-2005, 07:37 AM
Jim,

My symptathies to you on losing your mom. I'm sure she appreciated your being there with her. When we're dying, maybe it's our decision when to let go and then again, maybe we're told from a higher power that it's time. No one really knows for sure, not even the hospice people.

Fran

marek
05-25-2005, 02:04 AM
I knew Chris only from this board but my tears are falling like waterfall....I will miss you Chris....... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich R.
05-25-2005, 07:01 PM
I have been watching this thread, but I have not posted, because my words don't seem to be sufficient.

I wish Chis peace and we will all miss him.

You and Spike will, and should, cherish the years you were all together. I, for one, know that not everyone is so lucky to have had those years.

Vagabond
05-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Chris is a nice man.
God bless you Chris.
Vagabond