PDA

View Full Version : Googan Alert- Pro-Cup cueball frustrations. *DELET

Cueless Joey
05-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Post deleted by Cueless Joey
Guys, I'm deleting this post. It is so unrelevant compared to the sad news with CC.

ras314
05-23-2005, 11:22 AM
I played with the polka dot cb for the first time at the Cue Club in Vegas. Liked it so much that I bought one from one the vendors at the Rivera. I've now tried it some on my table and don't notice any difference in draw between it and the red circle. Maybe I'm just to sloppy to notice much but I had no trouble with Scott Lee's draw drill. Ball was brand new and shiny spotless. Well, err, not counting those big red spots.

I ought to get a good scale, I have a red dot, red Aramith logo, two red circle, old magnetic, and now a polka dot to compare. Wonder how much they vary in weight from unit to unit?

JohnnyP
05-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Cueless Joey:

DannyK's switched last week and they had a big tourney over the weekend. Are you playing there?

Cueless Joey
05-23-2005, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JohnnyP:</font><hr> Cueless Joey:

DannyK's switched last week and they had a big tourney over the weekend. Are you playing there? <hr /></blockquote>
Yes. I took 9-12th. I eleminated Danny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Max was playing Joe S for the final ( Max had to get beat twice ).

SplinterHands
05-23-2005, 12:24 PM
I think the polka dot ball makes the game easier. Seeing the ball rotation on every shot allows me to position the cue-ball more accurately. Watching those red circles puts me into a trance. As far as being heavier, it shouldn't take long to adjust.

Nostroke
05-23-2005, 05:53 PM
I weighed my brand new Polka Dot Aramith. It was exactly 6.0 Oz. The red and blue circle balls (used) came in at 5.9-Probably started life at 6.0 im guessing.

Harold Acosta
05-24-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't know what you posted about the Pro Cup cue-ball but I can tell you that we are using it in our tournaments in Puerto Rico.

We are part of the Panamerican Confederation, where Saluc (Belgium) provides the Aramith Pro TV Balls for our International events (like the Panamerican and Gran Prix Championships). So for the past two months, I've been using the cueballs. We've had our share of complaints but some of the events attended by our players (like the US Open and World Pool Championships) use the dotted cueball; so in a sense, our players have gotten used to it.

Many of our top players have also purchased the cue-ball for practice; so I'm happy with that.

Harold - Puerto Rican Billiard Federation

Gayle in MD
05-25-2005, 04:04 AM
I have recently started to practice with it, and I just wish I had had it from the start. It is helping me a great deal to implement better CB control. I highly recommend it, and especially for beginners, and those who are working on better CB control.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifGayle in Md.