the toughest sob's in the world.
Scary, isn't it?

wolfdancer
05-23-2005, 01:26 PM
"Scary, isn't it?"

It is, and it isn't!!!

Deeman2
05-23-2005, 02:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Orwell's definition of doublethink- "to hold 2
contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously
and accept both of them."
A. We care about other countries and will save
them from themselves regardless of American lives
and expense.
B. We don't give a damn if other countries like
or support us .We don't need them because we're
the toughest sob's in the world.
Scary, isn't it? <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Is that like saying you believe in the Death penalty but favor abortion or, to be fair, visa versa

or that you will fight for peace (our country is based on this)

or that, crap; this is getting old....
</font color>

Deeman
I thought Orwell called it Doublespeak...

Gayle in MD
05-23-2005, 04:54 PM
I don't think anyone favors abortion, although the right likes to twist the meaning of women having the right to make the sole decision regarding their own bodies into being for abortion. Apparently, the right, thinks men in black robes, either with gavels, or at the alter, should have the power to dictate to women what they can and can't do with their own bodies.

Similarly, the religious right, thinks they have the right to dictate, according to their own religious doctrines, what gays can and can't do.

Another of their twists....

Those who do not approve of being Mis lead into a war, are anti American.

War heros, are cowards, while those who join the reserves through Daddy's connections, are patriotic.

And the beat goes on....

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
05-23-2005, 06:53 PM
doublethink (http://www.newspeakdictionary.com/ns-dict.html)

hondo
05-24-2005, 05:30 AM
No. He called it doublethink.

hondo
05-24-2005, 05:36 AM
Dee, I'm a little shocked at your eglike response.
You're usually a little better armed than this.
But then again, it does get tiring battering
down logic time and time again, doesn't it?

Is that like saying you believe in the Death penalty but favor abortion or, to be fair, visa versa

or that you will fight for peace (our country is based on this)

or that, crap; this is getting old....
</font color>

Deeman
I thought Orwell called it Doublespeak... <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman2
05-24-2005, 06:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Dee, I'm a little shocked at your eglike response.
You're usually a little better armed than this. <font color="blue"> You're right, but I only had a second before a meeting to respond. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>
But then again, it does get tiring battering
down logic time and time again, doesn't it? <font color="blue"> Again, you are right. But my point was that we all batter down logic on occasion. Not that you fostered these things, heck, I see the doublespeak/doublethink as you do. However, It's silly to make those comparisons. Many of us live in states where you get a ticket for not having a seat belt on but you can place youself on a motorcycle without a helmet! Ms. Huffington will take a private jet from L.A. to N.Y. to debate why people should not drive SUV's. Cities buy those little busses to carry people around the city and save gas and they are 95% empty but make the routes anyway. I do feel wholesale abortion is wrong. However, I'm not going to threaten a woman's right to have one if she wants it. We can be opposed to moral decisions without trying to change the law. I agree with most that this is a private decision for a woman and her doctor to make.

As far as the war and doublethink, time will tell who was right. Despite all the posturing and shades of "he may not have told us everything" the outcome will determine the future of the body politic in our country. Your comparisons of Bush to Hitler are purely political and understandable from your frame of reference, not from mine. I have never called you unpatriotic, but you saddle me with that because you saw someone on Fox say it about someone else. I have never thought that opposition to your government policy was anything but American and your right. I also don't like this war. I just feel it is a necessary evil in a world where sometimes, earnest negoiations just don't work, where both sides have blood on their hands and money in their pockets. You feel differently. Is that a reason to assume I think you are less an American? I never felt that way. I thought both of us fight every day just so we can express our differences.

If we come to a stalemate where only one of our opinions can be voiced without the other feeling we are too radical to talk with, then maybe I don't belong in the political debate. Perhaps only your view is valid and the election was not a fair fight. Maybe several million votes were ignored and Kerry should be in charge now, leading us to diplomatic solutions hand-in-hand with the French. 1,700 plus American might still be alive and we would have saved billions of dollars and Saddam would have become a kitten in his hands. I really don't know. I do know we have set along a very difficult course here and the outcome is in doubt for a long time to come. I also know the difficult course is never popular with the majority, never was. I do know your hatred of Bush is systemic and deep. Is it right? I don't think so. I thnk you would have cut Kerry or Clinton a lot of slack right now, even if they had taken a similar route. Am I wrong? I know that lack of character in the bedroom is different from going to war. However, can you honestly say, if Clinton had sold/given technology to the Chineese, or bombed a baby formula factory in Iraq or bombed the family of Kadaffi, that you would have protested his actions? </font color>

Deeman
it may be doublethink or doublespeak but it's breaking out all over...

</font color>

Deeman2
05-24-2005, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I don't think anyone favors abortion, <font color="blue">Now, this is another example of doublethink/doublespeak. It is convienent to not "Favor" abortion but be for it....how clever. </font color> although the right likes to twist the meaning of women having the right to make the sole decision regarding their own bodies into being for abortion. Apparently, the right, thinks men in black robes, either with gavels, or at the alter, should have the power to dictate to women what they can and can't do with their own bodies. <font color="blue"> Of course, most of society, even in leftist cultures, insist on making these decisions. Examples: You are not allowed to ingest illegal drugs or poisons despite the fact they might only impact your own body. You can't ride that bike in Maryland without a helmet, even if it's only your own head. You can't do many things that only effect your own body, even if a fetus/baby is disregarded or discounted (some don't discount them). </font color>

Similarly, the religious right, thinks they have the right to dictate, according to their own religious doctrines, what gays can and can't do. <font color="blue"> I don't care if Gays marry, as long as they leave the Mormans alone and allow interspieces marrages. Societies set limits. While I don't care about this one in particular, the line has to be somewhere. Let's just set it and see what happens. </font color>

Another of their twists....

Those who do not approve of being Mis lead into a war, are anti American. <font color="blue"> I don't agree. I just think they are sore at losing the 2000 and 2004 elections. Let the other side win and a little war here and there will be just fine. </font color>

War heros, are cowards, while those who join the reserves through Daddy's connections, are patriotic. <font color="blue"> The later just described the vast majority of the wealthy elite, both democratic and republican in this country. So what? If Kerry was not even bright enough to defend his war record, would he have made a very good president? You just picked the wrong boat that time. Hillary may do better in 2008. I am hoping she runs. </font color>

And the beat goes on.... <font color="blue">Indeed it does, just as I said. </font color>

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
05-24-2005, 07:18 AM
I am for a woman's right to choose, equal pay for equal work, gay rights that match heterosexual rights, legal elections, and honest testimoney with unfixed intelligence from our President and his cabinet regarding the decision to go to war, regardless of which political party is in power.

I am also for investigating war profiteering, which results in 8.8 billion dollars missing, while our men die because of not enough funds to provide enough security for rebuilding the infrastructure quickly enough for our boys to get out of this mess, while Bush helps his buddies get richer.

Personal rights, privacy and freedom, are supposed to be insured to us by our constitution. I consider pregnancy, to be a private issue, but I do not think it should be funded federally.

IOW, MYOB

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
05-24-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and honest testimoney <hr /></blockquote> I guess you just pick and choose who has to be honest? Sort of like plucking leafs off the Presidential flower. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Personal rights, privacy and freedom, are supposed to be insured to us by our constitution. <hr /></blockquote> Only the rights that are stipulated in the Bill of rights are assured, not those phony rights they speak of in the smoking threads. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-24-2005, 10:10 AM
eg8r, you been out in that Fla. sun too long.....
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Only the rights that are stipulated in the Bill of rights are assured. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
While The Bill of Rights,specifically first ten amendments to the constitution, is the benchmark for our "rights", I believe
XIII, XIV, XV, and XIX also grant us some rights...although I think we could get along without XIX.
Here's a list of proposed amendments:
link (http://www.usconstitution.net/constamprop.html)

Gayle in MD
05-24-2005, 03:25 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, more bs, not at all contradictory. Respecting another woman's right to make her own choice, does not contradict anything I have said.

A good example of doublespeak is Bush's stand on stem cell research, it's ok for SOME stem cells, but not for others. I don't happen to think that women who have abortions, are for abortion nor do I think it is anyone else's business what they do, but between themselves and their doctors.

To compare laws regarding helmet use, and using drugs, to a woman's personal chioce of whether or not she wants to bring a child into this world, it so absurd, more ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, no need for a response.

Society does set limits, too bad society isn't going after the Mormons, who definately abuse and discriminate against women, instead of gay people, who wish only to express their mutual love, in marriage, and have human rights regarding one another's wishes in cases of catestrophic illness, and be insured of the same similar freedoms which the rest of us enjoy.

No one minds losing an election, only the corrupt stealing of elections, and since our democracy depends on accurate, honest elections, I certainly hope people who have figured out the truth of what actually happened, will never forget how Bush and his cronies stole the elections of 2000 and 2004, and that we all push for the changes which we as a society must demand in order to preserve our democracy and our government. I see no valid reson for making Iraqi elections important, when our own are wrought with irregularities.

I never pick the wrong boat, rather, I approve the mutiny when the Captain is evil and corrupt. If you dodge the war, as Bush did, don't critisize those who enlisted.

Personally, I think the Bush twins should sign up, seems they can't or won't find work, along with Ann Coulter, and Jeb's son, I'm sure the recruiters will show him how to slip by the drug test....

Gayle in Md.

hondo
05-25-2005, 06:26 AM
To be honest, Dee, I've never cared for most of
our Presidents. I'm too young to remember much
about Truman or Eisenhauer.
I hated LBJ. (Democrat)
I strongly disliked and feared Dubya and Nixon.
I disliked Carter and Bush and Ford.
I had mixed feelings about Kennedy, Reagan, and Clinton.
I feel that every president since FDR with the exception
of mob-backed Kennedy were backed by the The Council
for Foreign Relations (i.e. Big Brother).
So I hardly see how I qualify as overly partisan.
I fear Bush is overly power-hungry and will push
the limits of how government can take away our rights.
Nixon thought along those lines too but tried to
do too much on his own. Bush is smart enough to
realize how dumb he is. How's that for doublethink?

Deeman2
05-25-2005, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, more bs, not at all contradictory. Respecting another woman's right to make her own choice, does not contradict anything I have said. <font color="blue"> Of course you don't see the contradiction, if you did, there would be no argument. </font color>

A good example of doublespeak is Bush's stand on stem cell research, it's ok for SOME stem cells, but not for others. <font color="blue"> I think you have a good point here. BUt what if the women who made these cells don't want them used for research. Is that a woman's choice as well? </font color> I don't happen to think that women who have abortions, are for abortion nor do I think it is anyone else's business what they do, but between themselves and their doctors. <font color="blue"> It then, should not bother you to say you are for abortion. </font color>

To compare laws regarding helmet use, and using drugs, to a woman's personal chioce of whether or not she wants to bring a child into this world, it so absurd, more ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, no need for a response. <font color="blue"> So the death or severe brain injuries caused by motorcycle acidents is less serious than a women who has an accidental pregnancy? Why are only your examples not absurd? Why are they less a contradiction? </font color>

Society does set limits, too bad society isn't going after the Mormons, who definately abuse and discriminate against women, instead of gay people, who wish only to express their mutual love, in marriage, and have human rights regarding one another's wishes in cases of catestrophic illness, and be insured of the same similar freedoms which the rest of us enjoy. <font color="blue"> I hate to break it to you but many gay couples are abusive and live in unhealthy relationships as do Mormans and straight couples. It is the woman's choice as long as it's a lifestyle you approve. If it's not, then the women should be rescued? </font color>

No one minds losing an election, <font color="blue"> Yes, Gayle, you do mind losing elections. </font color> only the corrupt stealing of elections, and since our democracy depends on accurate, honest elections, I certainly hope people who have figured out the truth of what actually happened, will never forget how Bush and his cronies stole the elections of 2000 and 2004, <font color="blue"> All baseless acusations not backed up by any evidence at all. NO data shows more votes were lost on one side than another but you continue to tout only the irregularities from the right side! </font color> and that we all push for the changes which we as a society must demand in order to preserve our democracy and our government. I see no valid reson for making Iraqi elections important, when our own are wrought with irregularities. <font color="blue">Of course you would not see value in these elections. </font color>

I never pick the wrong boat <font color="blue"> Oh. You didn't pick Kerry. My memory is sure fading but I appoligise if you supported someone else. </font color> , rather, I approve the mutiny when the Captain is evil and corrupt. <font color="blue"> All politicians right of Dean are corrupt in your eyes. </font color> If you dodge the war, as Bush did, don't critisize those who enlisted. <font color="blue"> Why, are there new rules of debate that require us to only critize those who you see as bad? </font color>

Personally, I think the Bush twins should sign up, seems they can't or won't find work, along with Ann Coulter, and Jeb's son, I'm sure the recruiters will show him how to slip by the drug test.... <font color="blue"> Typical personal attacks that try to replace the argument with name calling and skewed logic. Why don't we require that all liberals send their kids to Peace Corps? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZLMAOAGTMH

Deeman

<hr /></blockquote>

Deeman2
05-25-2005, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> To be honest, Dee, I've never cared for most of
our Presidents. I'm too young to remember much
about Truman or Eisenhauer.
I hated LBJ. (Democrat)
I strongly disliked and feared Dubya and Nixon.
I disliked Carter and Bush and Ford.
I had mixed feelings about Kennedy, Reagan, and Clinton.
I feel that every president since FDR with the exception
of mob-backed Kennedy were backed by the The Council
for Foreign Relations (i.e. Big Brother).
So I hardly see how I qualify as overly partisan.
I fear Bush is overly power-hungry and will push
the limits of how government can take away our rights.
Nixon thought along those lines too but tried to
do too much on his own. Bush is smart enough to
realize how dumb he is. How's that for doublethink?
<hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

To be honest with you Hondo, I probably agree much more with you than you would think. I agree most politicians are corrupt and that our system does not allow "good Men" to become president.

I,too, fear we will lose too many more personal rights. I just disagree that we will lose any more under Bush than, say, a Kerry. They are all after control of us. I was even hoping for a real backlash against some conservative moves but the opposition is simply too weak and corrupt in it's own agenda to do much to fight back. My real fear is that we lose the multi-party system and shift even further to the right. We need healthy opposition but the democrats are proving they will react by moving further to the left, also a frightening thought.

We need to take back control of our government but who will do this? I don't want us to move so far right, we have mandatory prayer in school but think a little voluntary prayer would not be bad, for all of us. I don't want us so far left, we lose what little control of civil society we now have.

I don't think you are any more partisan than me. Less perhaps. I just think we are experiencing a backlash from people tired of seeing society deteriorate and hope it doesn't slip too far to either side. </font color>

Deeman
but I still dislike the French....

Gayle in MD
05-25-2005, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, more bs, not at all contradictory. Respecting another woman's right to make her own choice, does not contradict anything I have said. <font color="blue"> Of course you don't see the contradiction, if you did, there would be no argument. </font color>

A good example of doublespeak is Bush's stand on stem cell research, it's ok for SOME stem cells, but not for others. <font color="blue"> I think you have a good point here. BUt what if the women who made these cells don't want them used for research. Is that a woman's choice as well? </font color> I don't happen to think that women who have abortions, are for abortion nor do I think it is anyone else's business what they do, but between themselves and their doctors. <font color="blue"> It then, should not bother you to say you are for abortion. </font color>

To compare laws regarding helmet use, and using drugs, to a woman's personal chioce of whether or not she wants to bring a child into this world, it so absurd, more ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, no need for a response. <font color="blue"> So the death or severe brain injuries caused by motorcycle acidents is less serious than a women who has an accidental pregnancy? Why are only your examples not absurd? Why are they less a contradiction? </font color>

Society does set limits, too bad society isn't going after the Mormons, who definately abuse and discriminate against women, instead of gay people, who wish only to express their mutual love, in marriage, and have human rights regarding one another's wishes in cases of catestrophic illness, and be insured of the same similar freedoms which the rest of us enjoy. <font color="blue"> I hate to break it to you but many gay couples are abusive and live in unhealthy relationships as do Mormans and straight couples. It is the woman's choice as long as it's a lifestyle you approve. If it's not, then the women should be rescued? </font color>

No one minds losing an election, <font color="blue"> Yes, Gayle, you do mind losing elections. </font color> only the corrupt stealing of elections, and since our democracy depends on accurate, honest elections, I certainly hope people who have figured out the truth of what actually happened, will never forget how Bush and his cronies stole the elections of 2000 and 2004, <font color="blue"> All baseless acusations not backed up by any evidence at all. NO data shows more votes were lost on one side than another but you continue to tout only the irregularities from the right side! </font color> and that we all push for the changes which we as a society must demand in order to preserve our democracy and our government. I see no valid reson for making Iraqi elections important, when our own are wrought with irregularities. <font color="blue">Of course you would not see value in these elections. </font color>

I never pick the wrong boat <font color="blue"> Oh. You didn't pick Kerry. My memory is sure fading but I appoligise if you supported someone else. </font color> , rather, I approve the mutiny when the Captain is evil and corrupt. <font color="blue"> All politicians right of Dean are corrupt in your eyes. </font color> If you dodge the war, as Bush did, don't critisize those who enlisted. <font color="blue"> Why, are there new rules of debate that require us to only critize those who you see as bad? </font color>

Personally, I think the Bush twins should sign up, seems they can't or won't find work, along with Ann Coulter, and Jeb's son, I'm sure the recruiters will show him how to slip by the drug test.... <font color="blue"> Typical personal attacks that try to replace the argument with name calling and skewed logic. Why don't we require that all liberals send their kids to Peace Corps? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZLMAOAGTMH

<font color="pink"> </font color> In fact, the peace corp was a terrific idea, and successful in building allies around the world, and also, as is Social Security, a great plan put forth by Democratic Presidents <font color="pink"> </font color>

Gayle in Md.

Deeman

<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman2
05-25-2005, 08:07 AM
Gayle,

Did I miss an answer above? It looks like you just pulled the quote over and answered nothing except to say the Peace Corps is a good thing as is social security. Of course, I think Peace Corps is a good thing as my daughter just left for her two year assignment last week. I also feel Social Security is good, never said is was not! Did you read something negative about social security or Peace Corps in my text?

Deeman
can't wait for social security (which was invented by the Democrats, alone, by themselves, at total opposition by every other American...), I'm sure.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in MD
05-25-2005, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, more bs, not at all contradictory. Respecting another woman's right to make her own choice, does not contradict anything I have said. <font color="blue"> Of course you don't see the contradiction, if you did, there would be no argument. </font color> I don't profess to know what the correct decision for each individual woman might be, therefore I would not presume to dictate to someone else what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. As I have stated, I regard the decision to be personal, between a woman and her doctor. the government should stay out of it entirely, IMO. While it is something that I would, could, never do myself, I realize that we do not all share the same values, and freedom, personal choice, and privacy are those which I value. I think we would all hope that men and women would be responsible and fortunate enough to never find themselves in a situation, whether from irresponsiblity, immaturity, economics, health, rape, whatever...where they would have to make such a decision. This certainly does not mean that I am for abortion, only that I do not think it is anyone's business other than the person who is making the decision. <font color="red"> </font color>

A good example of doublespeak is Bush's stand on stem cell research, it's ok for SOME stem cells, but not for others. <font color="blue"> I think you have a good point here. BUt what if the women who made these cells don't want them used for research. Is that a woman's choice as well? <font color="red"> </font color> Certainly, I would think it would be the incividual choice of the woman in question <font color="red"> </font color> </font color> I don't happen to think that women who have abortions, are for abortion nor do I think it is anyone else's business what they do, but between themselves and their doctors. <font color="blue"> It then, should not bother you to say you are for abortion. </font color>

To compare laws regarding helmet use, and using drugs, to a woman's personal chioce of whether or not she wants to bring a child into this world, it so absurd, more ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, no need for a response. <font color="blue"> So the death or severe brain injuries caused by motorcycle acidents is less serious than a women who has an accidental pregnancy? Why are only your examples not absurd? Why are they less a contradiction? </font color> <font color="red"> </font color> Personally, I think that if you are dumb enough to get on a motorcycle the way people drive these days, with or without a helmet, you deserve what you get. I don't think this is a good comparison to a woman's right to having a choice about whether or not she wants to carry a baby. I also do not think that women should be allowed to have an abortion after the first trimester, unless pregnancy is life threatening. <font color="red"> </font color>

Society does set limits, too bad society isn't going after the Mormons, who definately abuse and discriminate against women, instead of gay people, who wish only to express their mutual love, in marriage, and have human rights regarding one another's wishes in cases of catestrophic illness, and be insured of the same similar freedoms which the rest of us enjoy. <font color="blue"> I hate to break it to you but many gay couples are abusive and live in unhealthy relationships as do Mormans and straight couples. It is the woman's choice as long as it's a lifestyle you approve. If it's not, then the women should be rescued? </font color> <font color="red"> </font color> Many young girls are forced by their families into polygamist marriages with men old enough to be their fathers. I am glad you think they should be rescued. I do not, nor have I ever, understood how marriage between gay people could threaten marriage between male/female marriages. So far, no one has given me any logical reason that shows how this could hurt anyone, or hurt society. I see it as just another time when religion choses to condemn, rather than accept, through ignorance and a philosophy of guilt and shame, rather than love and understanding. <font color="red"> </font color>

No one minds losing an election, <font color="blue"> Yes, Gayle, you do mind losing elections. </font color> only the corrupt stealing of elections, and since our democracy depends on accurate, honest elections, I certainly hope people who have figured out the truth of what actually happened, will never forget how Bush and his cronies stole the elections of 2000 and 2004, <font color="blue"> All baseless acusations not backed up by any evidence at all. NO data shows more votes were lost on one side than another but you continue to tout only the irregularities from the right side! </font color> <font color="red"> </font color> According to my studies, the indescretions were in Bush's favor, in Florida, and in Ohio. <font color="red"> </font color> and that we all push for the changes which we as a society must demand in order to preserve our democracy and our government. I see no valid reson for making Iraqi elections important, when our own are wrought with irregularities. <font color="blue">Of course you would not see value in these elections. </font color> <font color="red"> </font color> What has changed in Iraq since the elections? How many have died since the elections? How can we dictate democracy, when our own elections are flawed and irregular? <font color="red"> </font color>

I never pick the wrong boat <font color="blue"> Oh. You didn't pick Kerry. My memory is sure fading but I appoligise if you supported someone else. </font color> , <font color="red"> </font color> <font color="red"> </font color> I voted for Kerry, because he was the right man for the job. Circumstances since then have shown me that he was the right man for the job. <font color="red"> </font color> rather, I approve the mutiny when the Captain is evil and corrupt. <font color="blue"> All politicians right of Dean are corrupt in your eyes. </font color> <font color="red"> </font color> No, not all of them, just some of them, <font color="red"> </font color> If you dodge the war, as Bush did, don't critisize those who enlisted. <font color="blue"> Why, are there new rules of debate that require us to only critize those who you see as bad? </font color> <font color="red"> </font color> Critisize whomever you wish, dear man, just don't expect me to agree. <font color="red"> </font color>

Personally, I think the Bush twins should sign up, seems they can't or won't find work, along with Ann Coulter, and Jeb's son, I'm sure the recruiters will show him how to slip by the drug test.... <font color="blue"> Typical personal attacks that try to replace the argument with name calling and skewed logic. <font color="red"> </font color> LMAO, I thought it was kinda funny, myself. <font color="red"> </font color> Why don't we require that all liberals send their kids to Peace Corps? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZLMAOAGTMH
<font color="red"> </font color> Gayle in Md., glad I don't have to work at justifying this mess in Iraq, all the missing money, lost lives, skewed reports, US appoved torture, and the further hypocracy of a man who killed dozens in Texas, thousands in Iraq, but wants to stop stem cell research? Talk about hypocracy? Must be awful to have voted for him. <font color="red"> </font color>

Deeman

<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> <font color="red"> </font color>

hondo
05-25-2005, 11:22 AM
I believe with a combination of the Republican's
deviousness ( a word?) and the Democrat's inepitude
we are headed toward a one party system.
As far as prayer in school, my students pray every
time there's a test they didn't study for. Sometimes
they even invoke God audibly. " JESUS CHRIST! A TEST!!"

Deeman2
05-25-2005, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I believe with a combination of the Republican's
deviousness ( a word?) and the Democrat's inepitude
we are headed toward a one party system.
As far as prayer in school, my students pray every
time there's a test they didn't study for. Sometimes
they even invoke God audibly. " JESUS CHRIST! A TEST!!" <hr /></blockquote> <font color="green">

I think we can all agree on that.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Deeman