PDA

View Full Version : 4-Ball.....is it smaller or just a hoax?

Tommy_Davidson
06-09-2002, 12:49 AM
> Someone once told me that the 4-ball,in any set of balls,is the smallest other than the one. This phenomena is supposedly due to the purple pigment or dye causing a problem with the phenolic resin,and it's a problem that the companies that make pool balls have not quite figured out how to handle. The 1-ball naturally shrinks the most due to it being hit the most often,but the 4-ball shrinks the most other than the 1. Has anyone else heard this? Tommy D.

PQQLK9
06-09-2002, 03:37 AM
Don't know about that but did notice that ESPN is showing a Pink 4 ball being used in the 7 ball matches ...and I think the 7 ball is brown.....what's up with that?

Troy
06-09-2002, 08:15 AM
Measure the balls and proove it to yourself. Place any three balls side-by-side and use the edge of the triangle on the top of the balls.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tommy_Davidson:</font><hr> &gt; Someone once told me that the 4-ball,in any set of balls,is the smallest other than the one. This phenomena is supposedly due to the purple pigment or dye causing a problem with the phenolic resin,and it's a problem that the companies that make pool balls have not quite figured out how to handle. The 1-ball naturally shrinks the most due to it being hit the most often,but the 4-ball shrinks the most other than the 1. Has anyone else heard this? Tommy D. <hr></blockquote>

Troy
06-09-2002, 08:17 AM
The colors show up better on TV.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PQQLK9:</font><hr> Don't know about that but did notice that ESPN is showing a Pink 4 ball being used in the 7 ball matches ...and I think the 7 ball is brown.....what's up with that? <hr></blockquote>