PDA

View Full Version : Censorship...or not!

ted harris
05-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Since when is smoking not a "pool-related" subject?
I cannot believe that threads related to smoking are now being moved to the "non-pool related" forum of this board.
I would like to oficially protest at this time!

Drop1
05-24-2005, 12:15 PM
want a hanky

Cueless Joey
05-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Soon, it will an NPR subject because ALL pool halls will ban smoking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pooltchr
05-24-2005, 12:29 PM
I think you've been involved in enough smoking discussions on this site to know how quickly they deteriorate to the point where they really don't have much to do with pool.
Seems someone just moved it over accordingly. Afterall, it is their site. They can do as they please with it...which is more than the pool room owners can say these days!

Tom_In_Cincy
05-24-2005, 12:45 PM
If there is no smoking in pool rooms, how can this be pool related?

Just take your 'protest' to the NPR forum.. where it belongs.

It would be a change if you were to contibute to some pool related posts.

Troy
05-24-2005, 06:51 PM
You jump on your soapbox every time the subject arises and post in a non-pool related manner. What would you expect ???

AmazingBrewdini
05-24-2005, 08:01 PM
For God's sake Ted, give it a rest already! You have already flogged this horse to death time and again on ASP, RSB, AZB, AND CCB. Take it to the NPR area if you must, but don't expect people to be receptive to yet more of this bull. I could care less one way or the other on the matter. Unless it's directly related to the game it doesn't belong here, that is precisely why there is a NPR area. Capiche?

Vagabond
05-24-2005, 09:21 PM
dated 5/02/05 for interesting article on this issue.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
05-25-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since when is smoking not a "pool-related" subject?
<hr /></blockquote> Wow, for someone trying to rid the world of smokers, you keep wanting to hold on. It might be time for you to take a deep breath and get a grip on life. Maybe even read the subject matter in those threads would be helpful for you. They had little to do with pool and more to do with government and people's made-up "rights".

eg8r

DickLeonard
05-25-2005, 05:57 AM
Eg8r the banning of people from smoking in public places in
New York came from the Workman Comp carriers, they were paying claims to non smokers for lung related illness that came from working in smoke filled bars,etc. They were going to exclude these people from their coverage, therefore the State was forced to ban smoking in public gathering/work places.####