PDA

View Full Version : Earl snubs the BCA ?

recoveryjones
05-24-2005, 07:34 PM
My friend returned from Vegas and told me that Earl delibertly threw his matches at the BCA tournament.He really wanted to see Earl perform and was really dissapointed.

None of this surprises me.The BCA snubs many ( is it 5 ?) time World nine ball champ Earl Strickland from the Hall of Fame two years in a row and Earl snubs the BCA and their tournament right back.

Seems like a case of "What comes around,goes around" to me. RJ

Steve Lipsky
05-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Re: Earl throwing his matches...

I am living proof he did not throw his matches, lol.

He went on tilt after he was down significantly in his last two sets. But he wasn't throwing them. He was upset with the tables and with the alternate break format, which would make a comeback almost impossible.

After playing a match with him, I can honestly tell you the man is a lunatic.

- Steve

Rip
05-24-2005, 08:05 PM
RJ,
I watched several of Earl's matches and he didn't appear be "throwing" anything. He tried to concede his match with Tony Crosby because he was down 10 to 2 or 10 to 3. Tony played great against Earl. He kept Earl in his seat and when Earl did get to stretch his legs he didn't have shot. Earl had one open shot the entire match and didn't pocket the ball. When Earl tried to sweep the remaining balls on the table to concede at 10-2 or 10-3, Tony appealed to Earl's sense of professionalism and urged Earl to complete the match. Earl decided to continue which must have given Tony a great deal of satisfaction being able to dole out another game or two of sheer torture to Earl. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

There are probably a few sour grapes between Earl and the BCA but it appeared Earl, like the rest of the Americans, gave it his best shot but fell short. But what do I know?
"Chawlk it Earl"!
Rip /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rip
05-24-2005, 08:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> Re: Earl throwing his matches...
After playing a match with him, I can honestly tell you the man is a lunatic.
- Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Blasphamy Steve! On several occassions you made the balls move 4 to 6 inches while you were sitting in the chair! I know it's true 'cause Earl said so! And you call HIM a lunatic? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rip ~ Just yanking Steve's chain a little /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sneakypapi
05-24-2005, 10:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> My friend returned from Vegas and told me that Earl delibertly threw his matches at the BCA tournament.

Why would Earl even waste his time in attending? To show his face? I think when Earl wins everything is fine, but when he starts to lose look out. Earl does have issues with sportsmanship, but that is Earl. I think it is a waste of time and effort to go out and throw matches unless there is something in it besides the tournament winnings.

theinel
05-26-2005, 01:54 AM
I can't contribute anything on Earl throwing matches but I can say that Tony played great against Earl and that Earl didn't get many chances.

Steve Lipsky
05-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Lmao, Rip... Doesn't he think that if I could move the balls while in my chair, that I might wait until he shoots the cueball? Then I could just move the object ball totally out of the way and get ball in hand.

Hmmmm.......

- Steve

Scott Lee
05-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Steve...I've thought this for a long, long time! Been searching the country for the last 10 years, trying to find someone who actually CAN move ANYTHING with their mind! I've seen video footage of people moving very lightweight objects, like a pencil...but never anything like a CB! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Still looking...golly, we'd make a FORTUNE wouldn't we?
BTW, do you remember the old Mission Impossible episode where Barney, outside in the truck (naturally), could move the CB around the pool table, while Jim Phelps shot? LOL
THAT would be cool too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

whizman
05-30-2005, 07:45 PM
i too was at the BCA and watched all 3 of Earl's match's..Tony Crosby played great against him and so did Dave Matlock...but especially against Matlock it was evident he really didn't want to be there...intentionally giving ball in hand to Matlock after Dave had miscued giving Earl ball in hand...maybe(i'm guessing) cuetech wanted him there and they do pay him well i'm sure or maybe it's the hall of fame thing...either way i was dissapointed because i wanted to see him play...pool needs a male the public can latch on to..someone with charisma