PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Verifying a Herman Rambow!

ABChad
05-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi there all! Long time, eh? I have recently come in to possession of what I believe to be a Herman Rambow from the 1950's. The guys story is very believable, though the cue doesn't have any of the marks that I'm aware of. The butt-plate is solid ivory, and very thick... it almost looks like a recycled cue-ball from the era. There isn't the standard black plate on the butt end. Also, there's no initials or signature on either the forearm or the shaft. The brass pin and joint collar are dated properly, and there are the standard 4 veneers of the day. Also, has anyone ever seen an HR cue with no wrap? This cue is solid, what looks like Rosewood............. Any ideas???

Popcorn
05-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Post a picture

ABChad
05-27-2005, 09:16 AM
I have pics to send to anyone that might have any ideas. For some reason, the pics won't display properly on this message board.

Brad
05-27-2005, 10:42 AM
You might want to try Stan Laner at Sydney laner & Company, 800-526-1300,in Chicago. He used to have a lot of Rambow tools and stuff like that. Not sure if he could identify it, but he's in your backyard.

05-27-2005, 10:22 PM
An unwrapped Rambow would be extremely rare. I'm in Chicago, and it sounds like you're in the area; I'll be glad to help you if I can. I'm not a bad authority on those cues. GF