PDA

View Full Version : Pool in Spain?

ryushen21
05-25-2005, 08:56 PM
I am heading off to Spain in a few short months and was wondering what games they play in that part of the world for when i need my billiards fix. I assumed that snooker would be popular and also 3C. Am i right? Or do they play pocket billiards like over here. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

JPB
05-25-2005, 09:52 PM
I am pretty sure 3C is the big game. Never been there tho.

theinel
05-26-2005, 01:23 AM
I can't speak to pool in Spain as a whole but I can say that Spain was well represented at the 2005 BCA Nationals in Las Vegas. A spaniard won the mens Masters Singles (against Jesse Bowman) and one of their teams was in the top ten/twelve in the Open Team division. It was bar box 8-ball so they must be playing that somewhere in Spain.

Leviathan
05-26-2005, 04:45 AM
You might get in touch with Tito Hernandez, who has posted here (see user list, "tito"). I think Tito said he was located in Spain. Another source of info would be the ASOCIACION NACIONAL DE POOL ESPANOLA (info@a-n-p-e.com , telephone +34 6 356 2723).

AS

yegon
05-26-2005, 06:58 AM
I would think it is the same as in the rest of Europe. So the main games should be 8ball and 9ball. You should be able to find snooker, 3C and straight pool played if you look for it. Virtually no one in Europe knows about games like one pocket or bank pool.

Deeman2
05-26-2005, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> I am heading off to Spain in a few short months and was wondering what games they play in that part of the world for when i need my billiards fix. I assumed that snooker would be popular and also 3C. Am i right? Or do they play pocket billiards like over here. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Hey, Ryushen

I played in Spain in a couple of places and they played 9 ball and 8 ball. I did play some straight pool in Barcelona. There is a nice pool hall just North of the big bull fight arena there. They have 12 Gold Crown IVs and a couple of three cushion tables. If you will be in that area, I have a friend I can call and get the name and exact location of the place. Unfortunately, he's not a player or I'd hook you up with him. Watch out for the beautiful women. They take committment to a new level. Don't mess around with them unless you are ready to get married or can get out of town fast. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>

Take aboat ride along the coast there and you'll forget pool for a while.

Deeman

Scott Lee
05-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Those same players are still in Vegas, to play in the VNEA nationals, where Team Spain, and some individual players are consistently high finishers.

Scott Lee

Bob_Jewett
05-26-2005, 08:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> I am heading off to Spain in a few short months and was wondering what games they play in that part of the world for when i need my billiards fix. I assumed that snooker would be popular and also 3C. Am i right? Or do they play pocket billiards like over here. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. <hr /></blockquote>
Well, if you're in the northwestern part, the World 3-C Championships will be held in Lugo, Spain June 7-11. I suspect there is very little snooker in Spain.

ryushen21
05-27-2005, 02:15 AM
Wow. Sounds like there is a quite a bit of variety for me to get into. Of course i have the nine ball and eight ball experience but i am hoping to find some time to get in some 3C play to broaden my horizons. I'll be down in the Seville are of Spain but i plan to arrive early and travel around the other parts of the country.

Dee, I may need to get the name of that place because i definitely want to spend some time in Barcelona and the rest of Northern Spain.

Thanks for the input guys, I really do appreciate it. If you have anymore info please let me know.

armandito
05-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi,
Tito is from the Canary Isles, and I haven't heard from him recently. He recommended this sites for billiards:

www.confederacionpool.com (http://www.confederacionpool.com)
www.madpool.com (http://www.madpool.com)
www.billarnet.com (http://www.billarnet.com)

Enjoy your visit. Definitely try to visit: Barcelona and Madrid. If you're a little more adventurous, I would recommend Valencia, Salamanca, Bilbao, Merida, &amp; Caceres.