PDA

View Full Version : Soft cue cases

Popcorn
05-25-2005, 09:56 PM
I was just looking at the AZ forum and someone posted about soft cases. I like soft cases and have always carried one. I have and do own some hard cases like Felilnii but prefer to carry a soft case when I go anywhere. I can't say I have ever had anything happen to any of my cues as a result, am I alone in this? I really don't care for the weight and size of some of those cases such as Justis or Instroke. There are some very nice soft cases out there. Not all soft cases are cheap by the way, check out this guy
http://www.chasclements.com/

JimS
05-26-2005, 03:41 AM
I use a Silver Fox BR-2 and love the pocket space.

What do you use Popcorn?

hondo
05-26-2005, 05:39 AM
I like to carry a soft, CHEAP case into a bar
and a sneaky pete cue. Don't want to get too
hoity, toity in West Virginia bars. And no,
I'm not hustling.

Deeman2
05-26-2005, 06:01 AM
I carry my bar sticks in a Silver Fox. Nice little case and, as you said, plenty of pocket space. I like the hard cases, Justis, for traveling even in my car. Never can tell when the dog will lay on it or a piece of luggage might shift.

Deeman

SpiderMan
05-26-2005, 07:59 AM
I guess I haven't seen any advantage to a soft case. The amount of space saved over a hard case is seldom relevant to my applications. I tend to put my case behind the seat in my pickup, and often things shift around back there. A soft case might allow another object's weight (laptop computer, video bag, toolbox) to press on my cues for hours at a time.

SpiderMan

ras314
05-26-2005, 08:01 AM
I just picked up a Buddy Hall soft leather case, supposed to be 4X8 but only has 8 cue pockets. They are big enough for 2 shafts in one pocket which doesn't seem like a good idea though. Pretty nice case, three little zippered pockets outside plus two big enough for towels, cb, ect.
Weighs 2 lb 13 oz, cost around $60.

A bit big to haul around in a pool hall, but should be handy in a vehicle. Any time I get to a pool hall it is probably a several day trip so I tend to carry just about every cue I own. So far I haven't popped off a tip or anything, but if I do guess I'll be ready. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Popcorn
05-26-2005, 08:04 AM
I have a Silver Fox with pockets. I don't know the model number but it sounds like the same case. I also have an American vinyl I like but I don't know if it qualifies as a soft case but it is somewhat soft and lite.

ras314
05-26-2005, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I like to carry a soft, CHEAP case into a bar
I'm not hustling. <hr /></blockquote>
I kind of like acting a little hoity toity in strange bars. Seems to make the local good 'ol boys want to take you down a peg or two. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't even try to hustle anymore, but hey it never hurts to earn a little gas money.

hondo
05-26-2005, 09:01 AM
I hear you, Ras, but a lot of the bars have gotten
pretty mean over the last few years in my area.
With DUI laws being what they are, only the hard
core rednecks are crazy enough to go bar hoppin
anymore. They don't appreciate getting hustled.

At one time I could care less but it takes me
a lot longer to recover from getting sucker- punched
than it used to.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I like to carry a soft, CHEAP case into a bar
I'm not hustling. <hr /></blockquote>
I kind of like acting a little hoity toity in strange bars. Seems to make the local good 'ol boys want to take you down a peg or two. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't even try to hustle anymore, but hey it never hurts to earn a little gas money. <hr /></blockquote>

Scott Lee
05-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Popcorn...I'm with you! The weight of some of those cases is a lot, even empty. I have a german Instroke leather case...full zippered 6x12, with two big zippered pockets on the outside. Mine is fully loaded (6 butts &amp; 8 shafts), and it is still easily managable at &gt;8lbs)! It wouldn't stand up to a car driving over it, but I never let it get that far away from me, without supervision! LOL Never had any problems on airplanes with damage...leather wears like iron, and the padding inside works great!

Scott Lee

Troy
05-26-2005, 05:03 PM
I have (2) Guiseppe 3x6 cases. I carry 2 cues/4 shafts with room for customer cues. The other is simply storage for cues I don't carry. I have 2 because I couldn't resist the price... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I have a "gift certificate" for a Talisman 3x6, but it now seems that Tony won't be offering them... Oh well... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I was just looking at the AZ forum and someone posted about soft cases. I like soft cases and have always carried one. I have and do own some hard cases like Felilnii but prefer to carry a soft case when I go anywhere. I can't say I have ever had anything happen to any of my cues as a result, am I alone in this? I really don't care for the weight and size of some of those cases such as Justis or Instroke. There are some very nice soft cases out there. Not all soft cases are cheap by the way, check out this guy
http://www.chasclements.com/ <hr /></blockquote>