PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Underwood wins American Idol.

Cueless Joey
05-25-2005, 10:38 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20050525/111708348000.html
Bo might be more talented but Carrie got the hair, boobs and teeth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
She's one hot babe. I'd vote for her even if she sounded like Paula Abdul.
Bo and Carrie both won really. They have recording contracts waiting for them.
Btw, in case you didn't know this, American Idol is followed religously by the Asian community. We have this thing for glorified karaoke contests.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif "I'm rich." (http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050526/capt.ksd10305260524.american_idol_ksd103.jpg?x=253 &y=345&sig=wauvbrI67_2TQsVmW5a6bw--)

catscradle
05-26-2005, 05:35 AM
Carrie who wins what?

eg8r
05-26-2005, 06:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bo might be more talented ...<hr /></blockquote> At what? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just kidding, he at least looks alive on the stage. I have read on the web, a lot of people refer to Carrie as a fembot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
05-26-2005, 07:09 AM
Bo and Carrie will both do well in their careers. Although some people are saying that this may turn out to be like a Ruben and Clay thing where although Ruben won, he sort of faded away and Clay is out there doing his thing, I believe that Carrie falls into the category of Leanne Rimes, Faith Hill, etc. Bo, IMO, is a class act and will do extremely well. Clive Davis wants to record with him so what could be bad.

I think that Carrie and Bo should do a duet a la Donnie and Marie - I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit Rock and Roll. LOL

Oh, one last thing. I was so not impressed with the National Anthem singer. First, I hate to hear it get butchered. Second, she came out looking dolled up but honey, they weren't clapping because you sounded good. I don't think that was a nice thing to do. I did like the skit about "Simon's Ego".

Ok, one last thing again. After having not heard the other "idols" who are in the top 10, with the exception of Vonzell and Anthony, everyone just sounds so weak! I was totally digging the whole medley thing with the invited stars, but the idols were just ugh!

SnakebyteXX
05-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Because of the massive exposure provided by the American Idol show, when they reach this final stage of the contest both finalists have become household names. Over the last couple of months Carrie and Bo have recieved the benefit of millions of dollars worth of publicity and promotion. At this point, at least in the short run, there's no way that either of them can lose.

Clean as a whistle, Carrie with her small town, clean-cut, farm girl, emphasis on the country music genra was a shoo-in for for the Middle America, Bible-Belt, redneck vote. Bo with his long hair, history of drug use, and emphsis on the rock and roll genre (Satan's music?) was a shoo-in for the old hippie/young stoner/horny teeny-bopper vote.

Carry won American Idol vote for many of the same reasons the Republicans swept the last election. Because Conservatives care more about having their preferences known to vote for what they like than their laid back counterparts.

Snake

sack316
05-26-2005, 09:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I think that Carrie and Bo should do a duet a la Donnie and Marie - I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit Rock and Roll. LOL
<hr /></blockquote>

Brilliant!

catscradle
05-26-2005, 10:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr> Because ... when they reach this final stage of the contest both finalists have become household names....
<hr /></blockquote>

FWIW, not in my household. I literally can not remember the last time I watched network television except for the local news, which I guess isn't network television anyways.
Now get me up to date is Carrie the one in that Stephen King movie who could start fires when she got POed.

Troy
05-26-2005, 04:07 PM
It's a canned network TV show probably watched by only a small minority of the total population. Please tell us how this can be turned into a political discussion.
I think this time you went over the edge... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy... Has no idols on TV
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr> Because of the massive exposure provided by the American Idol show, when they reach this final stage of the contest both finalists have become household names. Over the last couple of months Carrie and Bo have recieved the benefit of millions of dollars worth of publicity and promotion. At this point, at least in the short run, there's no way that either of them can lose.

Clean as a whistle, Carrie with her small town, clean-cut, farm girl, emphasis on the country music genra was a shoo-in for for the Middle America, Bible-Belt, redneck vote. Bo with his long hair, history of drug use, and emphsis on the rock and roll genre (Satan's music?) was a shoo-in for the old hippie/young stoner/horny teeny-bopper vote.

Carry won American Idol vote for many of the same reasons the Republicans swept the last election. Because Conservatives care more about having their preferences known to vote for what they like than their laid back counterparts.

Snake

<hr /></blockquote>