PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used that Perfect Shaft stuff

littleCajun
05-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Looking for comments from people that have used the perfect shaft product.

I am looking for someone that has had it on there cue for a while and would like to know how well does it wear.

Thanks

catscradle
05-26-2005, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> Looking for comments from people that have used the perfect shaft product.

I am looking for someone that has had it on there cue for a while and would like to know how well does it wear.

Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

Okay, I'll bite if nobody else will. What is that Perfect Shaft stuff??????

littleCajun
05-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Perfect is part wax and part cleaner. I have seen it for the past 2 years at the BCA Nationals. It cleans the shaft then the wax is suppose to close up the pores in the shaft permantly, so that no dirt or grime can get into the cue. Then they claim that only a good buffing is needed to clean your shaft.

www.perfectshaft.com (http://www.perfectshaft.com)

Troy
05-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Just what we all need -- another vastly overpriced cue specific product... $20.00+... Wow, talk about a bargain.

Can't wait for the wax to become sticky.

I laughed at their motto --
"To make the perfect shot everytime, you need Perfect Shaft".
I wonder how long it will take for that to come true.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> Perfect is part wax and part cleaner. I have seen it for the past 2 years at the BCA Nationals. It cleans the shaft then the wax is suppose to close up the pores in the shaft permantly, so that no dirt or grime can get into the cue. Then they claim that only a good buffing is needed to clean your shaft.

www.perfectshaft.com (http://www.perfectshaft.com) <hr /></blockquote>

ras314
05-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah, they also sell tee shirts that say something like this:

WANTA FEEL MY PERFECT SHAFT?

I'd be afraid to wear that in Las Vegas. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

CarolNYC
05-26-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WANTA FEEL MY PERFECT SHAFT?

I'd be afraid to wear that in Las Vegas. <hr /></blockquote>

Cm'on now Ras,
"What happens in Vegas,STAYS in Vegas" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
05-26-2005, 03:10 PM
I have Slip Stic in my shaft right now. After a week of use, I still like it.

ras314
05-26-2005, 06:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Cm'on now Ras,
"What happens in Vegas,STAYS in Vegas" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

oops, sorry. Does that mean I don't get to tell the story about the two gals pouring beer from a can to a bottle? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

catscradle
05-27-2005, 05:02 AM
I had to wonder just how it helps pros with their concentration???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> Just what we all need -- another vastly overpriced cue specific product... $20.00+... Wow, talk about a bargain.

Can't wait for the wax to become sticky.

I laughed at their motto --
"To make the perfect shot everytime, you need Perfect Shaft".
I wonder how long it will take for that to come true.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> Perfect is part wax and part cleaner. I have seen it for the past 2 years at the BCA Nationals. It cleans the shaft then the wax is suppose to close up the pores in the shaft permantly, so that no dirt or grime can get into the cue. Then they claim that only a good buffing is needed to clean your shaft.

www.perfectshaft.com (http://www.perfectshaft.com) <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

raodwarior
05-27-2005, 08:22 AM
I have been using it for almost a yr now. It is actually a cleaner, sealer, and then a wax. The sealer is actually a paste that then hardens and requires light sanding to remove, then the wax is applied and burinished. I have never had a customer come back and say they were not happy with the treatment. I am now starting to work with the slip stik product and am getting fairly similar results with much less work on my end.

SpiderMan
05-27-2005, 08:29 AM
Not familiar with that product, but waxing does work.

I've used Carnauba wax for years. You just hold a chunk of it against a spinning shaft, or rub it on longintudinally, and then burnish with enough speed and pressure to "melt it in". It seals the pores and keeps them clean, just needs a damp-rag wipedown now and then.

Eventually the chalk and dirt may still accumulate, but when that happens you do a wipedown with 90% isopropyl. This strips away the old wax (and any accumulated crud) and quickly evaporates. You start over again with a fresh waxing. Not unlike what you do with wood floors.

SpiderMan

tjlmbklr
05-27-2005, 01:59 PM
What is slip stik , cannot find it on the web?

tjlmbklr
05-27-2005, 02:00 PM
What is slip stik , cannot find on web?

DennyS
05-27-2005, 02:26 PM
slip stik (http://www.slipstic.com/)

Petelaf
06-02-2005, 05:27 AM
You can find SlipStic at www.SlipStic.com (http://www.SlipStic.com)

houseman
06-02-2005, 10:23 AM
I believe this stuff is the same as Zardoz NoWax for snow boarding we talked about months ago. Same container and all, just different name. ICBW.

catscradle
06-02-2005, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houseman:</font><hr> I believe this stuff is the same as Zardoz NoWax for snow boarding we talked about months ago. Same container and all, just different name. ICBW. <hr /></blockquote>

No it isn't. I asked the guy selling it in that very question over on AZBilliards. He said they looked at Zardoz, but found that it pitted the wood. He said that he worked with chemists to develop a similar but different formula that would not damage the shaft. He did choose to package it in a similar container because it was available and cheaper than developing his own. I have had it on a couple of my shafts for 2 weeks now it is holding up very well. It makes the shaft very slick and it stays that way with a nightly wipe down with a damp paper towel. Before I would have to clean and burnish my shaft at least once a week in addition to the damp paper towel treatment. I'm curious as to just how long this will last before I have to reapply it.